Favourite Alternative Tunings?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:03 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:57 pm i keep meaning to find out the tuning for one finger barre chords, but i havent done it yet

one of these days :hihi:
Just tune the low E down to D - instant powerchords on bottom 3 strings. Metel... :hihi:

when you say bottom strings, do you mean the top strings that sound low, or bottom strings that sound high? i dont even have the last two high strings :lol:
:dog:
f**king synthesists!

:lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:10 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:57 pm i keep meaning to find out the tuning for one finger barre chords, but i havent done it yet

Just tune the low E down to D - instant powerchords on bottom 3 strings. Metel... :hihi:

when you say bottom strings, do you mean the top strings that sound low, or bottom strings that sound high? i dont even have the last two high strings :lol:
:lol: I mean the 3 thickest ones!

phew :phew:

the skinny strings hurt my fingers :cry:

Also tune the G string (skinniest one you have left on the guitar...) down to an F# as well and you have one finger chords with all strings.

just lose the g string.
save your fingers.
pussy.

if you ain't bleeding it ain't metal! (death metal specifically not the soft shite like slayer n maiden)
:band:

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:43 pm

if you ain't bleeding it ain't metal! (death metal specifically not the soft shite like slayer n maiden)
Or Bryan Adams, who puported to have played his, 'first real six string' until his fingers were bleeding. You need to calm down Bri. If it starts hurting, go and do summat else- wash yer denim jacket or something. c**t.

:hihi:

hes now younger and called ryan adams, apparently.

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:43 pm just lose the g string.
save your fingers.
pussy.

i only play flangey goth (tho recently i did learn 'love is like oxygen' by The Sweet)

flangey goth :lol:

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 pm flangey goth :lol:
Gothic camel toe.

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 pm flangey goth :lol:
Isn't all goth flangey? :hihi:

For years I'm using DADGCD. Don't know where it comes from, but the intent is to have a guitar whose open strumming sounds good. If the open strings sounds good together, then it starts good. This thread makes me think that I should also try other alternative tunings.

Cheers.

bluedad wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:56 am I'm fond of DADDAD
Similarly (somewhat) I really like DADAAD on acoustic. It is a nice little break from DADGAD and is way open-sounding of course.

All 4ths (C & F at the top), and on a Variax especially 5ths CGDAEB are great when playing methodically ... particularly when you need to shift keys to suit the singers

Return to “Guitars”