All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ordered a DOD Gonkulator at half price, approximately (today's daily BF deal at Gear4Music).

It's a ring modulator + distortion pedal, a 2015 reissue. The ring mod can be tuned.

A quick google search gave me the impression this may be a final blow-out, as there hardly seem any new ones left in shops. Digitech/DOD was bought by a big corp who sacked all personnel, most pedals are still readily available though (and may still be in production).

Too bad Gear4Music started charging shipping costs to me in Belgium. They are somewhat lowered if one adds enough € to the order. Still, an offer I couldn't resist, despite my owning 2 EHX Ring Thing modulators.

cptgone wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:11 pm Ordered a DOD Gonkulator at half price, approximately (today's daily BF deal at Gear4Music).
Nice! Those things have a really great combination of sounds. Thought about getting one for a minute, but struggling to find room on my pedal board right now...

So I got that EHX Tube Zipper... the demos I saw didn't really prepare me for how weird this thing can get. It was a bit of a gamble but I only paid $60. I recorded a few noodles in which I play guitar with an ebow. Note, I don't play guitar very well... :D
https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/sets/t ... xperiments

The first two are just my Variax Standard through the Tube Zipper into a clean amp sim. In the second one there is a delay at the beginning. In the 3rd and 4th recordings, I have the Tube Zipper in the feedback loop of my Deluxe Memory Man TT1100. That's when things get really neat. The filter oscillates at high resonance, the envelope follower has kind of a weird response, and the 'Trill' mode adds some kind of LFO modulation but it seems like the depth and LFO rate may be controlled by the envelope follower? I'm not sure but it does some really cool, unpredictable stuff. At high resonance, you can get the oscillation of the filter to beat with the guitar signal. I can't wait to try it with a drum machine!

Great demos! And you’re right, the way it interacts with your delay really sounds amazing!

I bought a new Amptweaker Tight Metal JR. It's as good as they say.

Waiting on a MIT Boss HM-2 off reverb. It's in decent shape and I didn't pay an arm and a leg so I'm excited for that!

Wow justin3am, I listened to your demo and proceeded to contact a used pedal seller.

Any experience with the TC Electronic Smorgasbord of Tone series? Apparently Guitar Center is selling them 2 for $75 this weekend.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I bought the tube pedal and it sounds very little like the Tube Driver pedals it cosmetically emulates. However, it has a bright and rough sound that is cool in its own way.

mumpcake wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 am Any experience with the TC Electronic Smorgasbord of Tone series? Apparently Guitar Center is selling them 2 for $75 this weekend.
Most of the range are priced at approximately €30 here in Western continental Europe, they seem to be dearer in UK (and seemingly Slovakia too). A few are more expensive (the Gauss tape echo pedal and Tube Pilot, there may be others)

I'm new to pedals, but I've bought a few in the last 6 months.
All are built like a tank and based on Behringer designs.
- Echobrain: analog delay, self oscillates easily - too easily for some
- Prophet: digital delay
- Grand Magus: nice distortion (not aimed at metalheads, TC has other pedals for that)
- Afterglow: analog chorus
- Thunderstorm: analog flanger
- Blood Moon: loud and warm phaser, me likes
- Honey Pot fuzz: nice Muff

I’ve been surprised at the reviews for those TC pedals as they’re generally along the lines of “I wasn’t expecting much, but these are pretty good pedals”.

If I thought I could squeeze another pedal on my board, I would probably get the flanger in the range (I think the pedals are $49 each here in the US)

TC is like “the good Behr”, it seems. For pedals, I mean. Still cheap-ish, but deece.

If I needed anything they make, I might be buying one or two, for sure.

kvotchin wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:43 pm TC is like “the good Behr”, it seems. For pedals, I mean. Still cheap-ish, but deece.

they're owned by the good behr now ;)

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:44 pm
kvotchin wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:43 pm TC is like “the good Behr”, it seems. For pedals, I mean. Still cheap-ish, but deece.

Which one? I thought there were 3 behrs in the story...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:44 pm

Which one? I thought there were 3 behrs in the story...
well the daddy and baby got locked up after accuser gl? joined the #metoo with miss m? little bp? and christopher biggins.

I bought a discounted b-stock Bogner Wessex overdrive pedal.

I have 70+ pedals chained up. When I first tried the Wessex I was perplexed how distorted the sound was. Like, metal type distortion, even. After a while I noticed my Boss Metal Core distortion was on too :lol:

---
My tc electronics Brainwaves arrived after a 6 months wait (to make things worse, it would have been a little cheaper if bought today). The LED didn't switch on when on battery power, so I hooked up my 8th Harley Benton power supply (and am now on the lookout to buy a few more, in case something breaks or I run out of juice again).

The adds didn't lie, it's pink (if anyone is looking for a xmas present for dt, call it Fiesta Red and he'll be as happy as a Brit in a... Fiesta red sauna) and it pitch shifts like a bitch. Can't compare with competing pedals though (the Guyatone Flip delay is said to be pink too, but I cannot confirm or deny that).

Return to “Guitars”