All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked up a Danelectro D-1 Fab Distortion (new, almost €16.9) and a WMD Geiger Counter Civilian Issue (second hand, €130 - buying a new one would have entailed tariffs, VAT and shipping costs).

Haven't tried the D-1 yet (and I've no room left on my board).

The Geiger is for my synths pedal board, was great fun last night on my 808 and 303 clones.
I already own the Pro version, which adds a LOT of functionality (I'm fond of the randomizer, expression inputs, extra wavetables...) but this simplified version is fun too - more so than my other bit crusher pedals, it seems (b-stock Red Panda Bitmap, used Mooer Lofi Machine).
perfumer wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 am in the end what you're working with is not the pedal itself (you think you're demoing), but a highly interactive system of several elements - especially if you take into account what goes before the pedal.

The last few days I've been playing with guitar -> Klon KTR -> DI -> headphones. Volume on the guitar is average, KTR is on 'clean' with boosted highs to make the sound brighter, and the level of detail I'm getting, the dynamic range... is something VERY different from what a 'clean' amp+cab from the early '70s could EVER give. Brings the pickups under a microscope, then projects the picture on a gigantic IMAX screen, so to say.
I'm a noob, wondering if all those people who cannot do without amp sim / cab sim are just used to that sound. I've been playing gtr > FX -> DI and liking what I hear (haven't decided yet which approach I like best though).

Someone please cross post this to the Guitar and Amp threads ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXoo7TbIzOo

I tried that pedal at NAMM a couple of years ago. It was really great! Strat and Tele tones with no hum! Also, the best playing guitars aren’t always the best sounding and this solves that.

I've always wondered about a Line 6 Variax type device in an external box.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Yesterday I was using a few distortion pedals for the entire day and everything was perfect. Now this morning I suddenly have a wall of noise through them. Nothing has changed, everything is still connected as it was from the prior day.

Why? How? Tips?

EDIT: Just by sheer luck I disconnected a cable I had connected to the mixer and suddenly it all stopped. That cable was a) not connected on the other end, and is b) muted on the mixer. WTF?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Stuff like that happens to me every day (I have cats).

been offered a tc electronics toneprint dreamscape for my long forgotten and abandoned shin-ei wt1.
signature’s or endorsement bullcrap apart, I see it’s a digital preset-based stereo i/o mod effect, tweakable via iOS.
it features a loop-send mode, too.

I see the trade as a potential win, but is there any dark secret behind these toneprints?

do they need some kind of activation/registration/licence?

will it take every signal? guitar, synths, mixer

does it go to 11?
I mean, can the fxs go unsubtle? motion sickness or very fast modulation?

No catch with the toneprints AFAICT, except from the fact that AFAIK you're limited to what tc offers. No activation or whatever, just install the app and you can DL toneprints and beam 'em up through your guitar's pickups.

I'm told the tc Corona (same line, but cheaper) can load [some?] Dreamscape toneprints. I tried to check, but my old phone seems to choke on memory shortage. And I've no clue whether those toneprints will sound the same.

cptgone wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:54 pm No catch with the toneprints AFAICT, except from the fact that AFAIK you're limited to what tc offers. No activation or whatever, just install the app and you can DL toneprints and beam 'em up through your guitar's pickups.

I'm told the tc Corona (same line, but cheaper) can load [some?] Dreamscape toneprints. I tried to check, but my old phone seems to choke on memory shortage. And I've no clue whether those toneprints will sound the same.
:scared: you can keep that one...

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:03 pm :scared: you can keep that one...
I do prefer my analog pedal (Electric Mistress, possibly even my tc Afterglow).
But the Corona is more versatile. Haven't used it much though, not being a big fan of chorus, and often preferring my rotary speaker pedal).

i prefer less infectious modulations :P

:dog:
:lol:

cptgone wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:54 pm No catch with the toneprints AFAICT, except from the fact that AFAIK you're limited to what tc offers. No activation or whatever, just install the app and you can DL toneprints and beam 'em up through your guitar's pickups.

yeah thanx, I’d love to get rid of my unused wah but I’ll pass on the offer as the dreamscape doesn’t seem to offer anything new over my 2 cheap analog choruses.

Orange Terror Stamp.
I would rather buy or a cheaper valve combo or consider other options like a Behringer VT999 or a TC Electronic Tube Pilot Overdrive.
The cheaper alternative Behringer VT999 Vintage Tube Monster Effects Pedal, no power amp?
Any thoughts?
https://youtu.be/8y_pM2_s8JU
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

It’s basically their Micro Terror in a pedal. It looks like you can use it as a standard pedal with the effects send.

The Tube Pilot completely lacks the smooth sound of the Tube Driver but it’s still cool in its own way, especially for the price. If you are looking for a cheaper version of the Tube Driver, the Real Tube and TK-999US are better options. The TK-999US (must be the US version) is a bargain for how good it sounds.

Return to “Guitars”