All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was that close to buying a new pedal when I decided probably best not to.

https://www.jimdunlop.com/mxr-vintage-bass-octave/

Just thought I'd share.

It was on a bit of a discount too... I dare say the shop is open tomorrow.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Which of your acquired pedals didn't cut the mustard and got moved to the cupboard or a new owner?
Going - Harley Benton Extreme Metal - Joyo Vintage Overdrive (saving for stacking/boosting) - Rowin Plexion - Mooer Hustle drive (replaced with Mosky)
Keepers HB American Tone - Caline Orange Burst :love: Mosky Obsessive Drive - Behringer GEQ - Landlord Cheeky Pint Compressor - Mooer Pure Boost.
Interested in - Mooer Solo - Fender Bends Compressor - Treble Booster - a looper - An analog delay - spring reverb - Fuzz :D - Metal dirt filth? CCK? Rat?
I quite like the tape delay in Toneboosters Reelbus.

Any recommendations?
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm
Interested in - Mooer Solo - Fender Bends Compressor - Treble Booster - a looper - An analog delay - spring reverb - Fuzz :D - Metal dirt filth? CCK? Rat?
I quite like the tape delay in Toneboosters Reelbus.

Any recommendations?
fuzz - i love my sonic bloom mushroom fuzz, squeals like a pig on fire.

analog delay - ehx memory man is king!

looper, have a look at ehx canyon or grand canyon.
the looper has decay, so its great for frippertronics where old layers fade out as new ones are added :love:
not to mention the delay and reverb models are lovely too.
i only have the canyon but will be adding at least a grand canyon and possibly a second canyon.

want to use the klein bottle to feed 3 loopers in a moebius strip :love:

My favourite treble booster is Dr Green Booster Shot and my go to fuzz is Palmer HURRIGAIN. My heavy pedal is a T-Rex ToneBug Totenschlager.

I haven’t really looked for replacements since I got these.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out. :tu:
Just snagged the Plugin Alliance bx_tuner and bx_blackdist2 for free using the code. MEGA-SALE-20-OFF

There's also the Lindell Audio 7X-500 (1176) available for $10, free with voucher.

Thanks for the heads up, Noodlist, yay free 1176!

You're interested in a looper - now that's the 2nd rabbithole I tumbled in just as my fuzz addiction became less accute.
I own these (they vary from utility pedal to FSU):
- tc electronic Flashback II: delay which can be used as an extremely simple looper
- tc electronic Wiretap: extremely simple looper, great to catch ideas while jamming
- Chase Bliss Blooper: creative looper with effects, expensive
- Boss RC505: 5-track looper with effects (no foot switches, I use it with synths)
- loopy pedals that aren't really loopers like Red Panda Tensor, Chase Bliss Mood
In short, many kinds of loopers out there, for different purposes.
There are many more than the ones I listed, e.g. the Boomerang.

Went into my pedal cupboard (actually a Hiking Boots box) and found the following:

Dod Bifet Boost 410 (Reissue) - Not sure why I don’t use this more.
Vox Flat 4 Boost - dbx 376 does similar things.
BBE Sonic Stomp - Love but never seems the right time to use it since I got the plugin.
Joyo Flanger - Only have it just in case.
Eko Flanger - ditto.
Guitar Fuel Angular Velocity - Crazy pedal that either sounds fantastic or freaks out and is tough to setup.

The 410 and Angular Velocity are back on the board!

cptgone wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am Thanks for the heads up, Noodlist, yay free 1176!
:tu:
cptgone wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am great to catch ideas while jamming
That's the main reason, I played 5 electric guitars in a row yesterday, 4 were meh, the other inspired me to play, head and shoulders above the others in terms of tone, ideas just kept on coming. What I noticed was, that, unplugged it's way louder than the others and it really resonates.

I was using a Landlord compressor into a Harley Benton American Sound tweaked with a 7 band GEQ - DI into a DIY mixcube, I just wanted to keep on playing. :) Need some reverb..............

It's a modified through body hardtail (tremolo cavity filled with wood) Vox 25 Standard (got it for £20 in the 90's), with 3 single coil size HB's, middle and neck coil tap on the middle pot (master tone) - bridge coil taps to the master volume and the second tone pot acts as a blender for neck pickup. And I recommend these cheap pickups 100% and I use SD and Tonerider.
Hardtail through Maple body + heavy tailpiece + these pickups (5Kg +) = :D
s-l1600.jpg
s-l.jpg
= :D
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tonerider are very good. I have their Delay Pedal too.

khanyz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:34 pm Tonerider are very good. I have their Delay Pedal too.
Cool, I'll check them out.

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:46 pm
khanyz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:34 pm Tonerider are very good. I have their Delay Pedal too.
Cool, I'll check them out.
I’m not sure they still make pedals but they had a good range which were, like the pickups, better than the price suggested.

They say “designed by Ferguson Audio Systems Ltd.”. Don’t know who that is.

I've been watching 60 cycle hum Affordaboard vids on Youtube, that led me to buy a few more tiny pedals:
- Sonicake Blue Skreamer (2 ODs, Tube Screamer and Dumble???)
- Hotone Krush (bitcrusher)
- Valeton Coral Series Wave Shaker (analogue temolo)

To be used on synths, mainly.

I bought a Sony TCM-5000 3-head cassette recorder with speed (pitch) control. Now I'm designing an effects send pedal with buffer, mix knob, feedback knob, and a switch to record on either one or both sides of the tape. It'll basically be a T-Rex Replicator Cassette Delay for ⅛ the price.

New generation of tc electronic Ditto looper: Ditto+:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAyuhqnfnzc

Return to “Guitars”