All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's the one i meant, my rambling about Thomann's power supply was confusing, sorry.

Ever see a pedal spark all over the place when you plug a 9v manufacturer specified adapter into it? I've had these weird nuisances with Joyo pedals but my extreme metal tried to kill my family tonight. Weird it didn't damage anything, in fact I just crammed the adapter back in and everything was fine but the curtains.

I'm just sort of puzzled.

abhor wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:50 am Ever see a pedal spark all over the place when you plug a 9v manufacturer specified adapter into it? I've had these weird nuisances with Joyo pedals but my extreme metal tried to kill my family tonight. Weird it didn't damage anything, in fact I just crammed the adapter back in and everything was fine but the curtains.

I'm just sort of puzzled.
I've never had an problems when using a Harley Benton PowerPlant Junior.
This wouldn't happen to be after modding it?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Uncle E wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:42 pm
cptgone wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:58 pm I stumbled upon that one googling for Mosky's OCD clone. It's no match for Thomann's offering though, as far as I can tell. That product seems to undercut all competition over here. I've been wondering who makes it, and what other brand names may be used marketing it.
What I like about it:
- price
- the power on offer (mA)
- good customer reviews, solid look
I use at least 4 of them right now.
https://www.thomann.de/be/harley_benton ... _2_pro.htm
Mosky does make power supplies like that but the one I’m referring to is actually a distortion/overdrive/compressor with a power supply built-in:

hey there!

how is your experience with the power supply? i‘d be interested in how it performs as far as noise generation ect. Looks like a sweet combo of drive options!

and can you say something about the unit‘s dimensions?

abi wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:27 am and can you say something about the unit‘s dimensions?
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32970904422.html

Sounds interesting, shame it doesn't do clean, tube change, maybe.
Little Bear G3 Valve Overdrive
https://youtu.be/jis2MAZ6OqY
Putting this last in a DI recording chain.
Any thoughts?
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:32 pm Sounds interesting, shame it doesn't do clean, tube change, maybe.
Little Bear G3 Valve Overdrive
https://youtu.be/jis2MAZ6OqY
Putting this last in a DI recording chain.
Any thoughts?
two of my Frenzel amps use 12au7(ecc82) tubes as very low power tubes (1-2 watts), fantastic concept even Marshall started doing after I had mine built. I'm not sure if it was Eric, an article I read or both but suggested was putting a 12au7 into the second position and as I recall it cleaned it up some, honestly it's been a while since I tried it (maybe I'll horse around with it later), I didn't stick with it for a reason but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. :oops:

Anyhow I would suggest trying that if you get the pedal, perhaps a 12at7 but imo the issue I see is how much are you willing to spend trying tubes...pre amp tubes aren't expensive and neither is the pedal but if you're on a budget :shrug: (ftr I spent a lot on tubes because one of my amps can use any octal based tube so I have many to choose from)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 pmI didn't stick with it for a reason but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. :oops:
HNB? :hihi:

ahem, that's Hink's Nuclear Brownies:hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Sorry, will get it legally correct next time... :razz:

hope so, got plenty of wannabe lawyers around here to choose from :clown:

Hink wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 pm Anyhow I would suggest trying that if you get the pedal, perhaps a 12at7 but imo the issue I see is how much are you willing to spend trying tubes...pre amp tubes aren't expensive and neither is the pedal but if you're on a budget :shrug: (ftr I spent a lot on tubes because one of my amps can use any octal based tube so I have many to choose from)
I have some tubes knocking about, I have three tube combos, 60W, 30W and 5W.

:tu:

abi wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 am how is your experience with the power supply? i‘d be interested in how it performs as far as noise generation ect. Looks like a sweet combo of drive options!
I'll try it again and get back to you.

Return to “Guitars”