lockdown songbook.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im almost ashamed i forgot :o

the crazy diamond himself, aside from a few piper riffs (intsrstellar overdrive :band:) managed to do some of suds solo stuff too. the actual reason i even have an acoustic :love:

shine on.

CapnLockheed wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:10 pm After years of being a lead singer/guitarist in rock bands I took a few years and toured the country as a solo singer/songwriter/guitarist. After that I did both for a long time....then mostly just the solo thing as I got tired of being married to five people at once....LOL!! I've got a good repertoire of those campfire songs but I've mostly been serenading my computer the last few years. Hrmn....well now that the world is ending maybe it's time to dust the wooden lady off and scrape the barnacles off her hull and be a troubadour once more! :lol:
Been that, done there.

A few years back I got into busking. More to be out seen playing guitar then anything else. The foot traffic in parks aint what it used to be. I'd also camp out in the employee parking lot at work and entertain the staff between shifts. Thing was there were very few if any staff to entertain. They'd either had gone home for the day or hadn't arrived for work yet. It was very disillusioning for me.

I've been thinking of doing videos again. Even though because of the way I set my YT account and videos up. As soon as a video was flagged it was yanked. That's what I get for setting up the account not to make money. If I can't make it the evil system lords can't take it from me.

This time out if I do videos I'll post direct to fb and only for friends or in groups Hopefully they wont pimp me out.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:20 pm a few piper riffs
I’ve never learned any of their stuff, but Piper is still as fresh as the day it was released. I was listening to it only a few days ago. Love the drumming in Astronomy, sitting right next the speaker with it cranked, and Rick's bebop style piano solo in Pow R. Toc H.

Learned a few Radiohead numbers a few years back. Thom Yorke's voice is not too high for me to still reach, so can do that. He does play some weird chords sometimes though...

Realising that my limited 4-string skills and punk repertoire might get as bit tiresome during this outbreak, starting to branch out a bit and learn new tunes.

Stir it Up is proving soothing for my soul. First time I have to show restraint in playing due to the nature of reggae, good for my 'technique' too.

Now, what to learn next...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Well the selection is vast.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

One more Marley.

I'm a beginner.

Buffalo Soldier.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I just got done setting up a guitar of mine. (others need work too)

I'm pulling out a few jazz standards that I haven't done as a set and I'm going to work through them tomorrow as time allows.

I'll Take Romance,
Body and Soul
Waltz for Debbie
My Romance
Lullaby of Birdland

To name a few.

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:20 pm im almost ashamed i forgot :o

the crazy diamond himself, aside from a few piper riffs (intsrstellar overdrive :band:) managed to do some of suds solo stuff too. the actual reason i even have an acoustic :love:

shine on.
I was playing/ singing Wish You Were Here last night. I've been self isolating for over a week now ...

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

My fingers been hurting up a storm. I need to build some callouses back up and quick.

Suicide is Painless;
Don't Stand So Close To Me.
Brain Damage/Eclipse.

I don't suppose parading around our courtyard with 'Pok-Pok' ( my cowbell) yelling 'BRING OUTCHA DEAD!' counts.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bowie - he wrote most of his early stuff on guitar. Reminding myself of Space Oddity and Starman this week.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm Bowie - he wrote most of his early stuff on guitar. Reminding myself of Space Oddity and Starman this week.
theres a starman
waiting in the sky
hed like to come and meet us
but doesnt want to die... :singer:

new lockdown lyrics :tu:

Return to “Guitars”