are there Cabinet impulses that contain reverb and delay so they sound big and great as in final mix ?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for good guitar sound it is also very important to have a good reverb and delay. so maybe there are impulses that contain delay and reverb ?.
Last edited by magicmusic on Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

There are a ton of impulses from reverb units ...

sorry i edit title. i mean speaker cabinet impulses that contain reverb and delay too.

Then it's not a cabinet IR anymore ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

i mean speaker cabinet impulses that contain reverb and delay too.
Sorry, AFAIK no such animal. But......

There are MANY IR loaders that allow you to load multiple IRS. So just load your cab IR, then a verb and/or delay IR.....mission accomplished.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

A real cab does not have any effects so ask for a cab impulse with delay and reverb, very odd question. Anyway double or quadtrack if you want a bigger tone. Or use a widener plugin. But any widener plugin should be used sparingly for best result.

It wouldn’t really make sense to include delay and reverb in a cab IR, as they need to be adapted to the song’s tempo, especially delay. You’d have to sample the IR for every delay and reverb setting people would want to use. No one will do that.

The closest you’ll get is with IRs that include a room mic. Two Notes wall of sound plugin has that (even variable), as do others.

The problem is, when i add reverb or delay to a cabinet and tweak reverb, delay so it sound good for this cabinet and when i change cabinet then sound not so good with this cabinet. so a ready for mix combination of reverb and cabinet and delay is very usefull i think.

Wall of sound i test, but it sound not good. it sound as other VST amp sims very muddy in compare to my real amp or records play at 75-80 db loud. maybe the sounds are made that it sound as a real cabinet at 100 db. when sound is 100 db loud then muddy sound is not hear. but i wish do mixes that sound good in room volume at 75-80 db. i want save my ears and i hear never 100 db loud guitar.

Most cabinet IRs used in modeling are very short specifically to exclude room reverb, much less unnatural reverb and delay effects - the Helix truncates IRs to 42ms or something like that.

For what you're asking you could try a convolution reverb that mixes two IRs, like Liquidsonics Reverberate and throw in a cabinet impulse and a delay or reverb.

miloszz wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm Most cabinet IRs used in modeling are very short specifically to exclude room reverb, much less unnatural reverb and delay effects - the Helix truncates IRs to 42ms or something like that.

For what you're asking you could try a convolution reverb that mixes two IRs, like Liquidsonics Reverberate and throw in a cabinet impulse and a delay or reverb.
Like I already said:
There are MANY IR loaders that allow you to load multiple IRS. So just load your cab IR, then a verb and/or delay IR.....mission accomplished.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

magicmusic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm sorry i edit title. i mean speaker cabinet impulses that contain reverb and delay too.
Because this is a rather special request I assume that ready to use IRs of this type do not exist.

However, you can build them yourself if you want. You basically do this by taking the individual IRs and mixing them down into one new IR file. This should work because IRs describe a linear time-invariant system. To do so follow these steps:
  1. Get an IR loader that lets you load multiple IRs as was proposed by CapnLockheed.
  2. Load the cab IR, delay IR and reverb IR into the IR loader.
  3. Play your guitar into the IR loader and adjust it until you have something you like.
  4. Turn off any plugins/effects before the IR loader, e.g. amp sims, pedals, etc.
  5. Now replace your guitar signal with a sample of a so called dirac pulse. You can find wav files with a dirac pulse in my post here.
  6. Record the result into a new track.
  7. Normalize the track.
  8. Put the new track into an IR loader. It should give you the same result as the IR loader with the multiple IRs.
Please note that IR loaders which are intended to be used for cabinet IRs might not really be optimized for the potentially long IRs that can result when using reverb with long tails.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

miloszz wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm Most cabinet IRs used in modeling are very short specifically to exclude room reverb, much less unnatural reverb and delay effects - the Helix truncates IRs to 42ms or something like that.
I think there might also be another reason. A cabinet IR is basically the description of a very detailed filter/EQ. With an IR of 42ms the cutoff of the lowest frequency that you can filter should be around 12Hz. Longer IRs will only let you filter lower frequencies, i.e. they will move the cutoff frequency down. Because the guitar definitively lives above 12Hz using 42ms should more than suffice.

Put differently: A 42ms IR should give you an EQ in the range of 12Hz to Nyquist.

Edit: Corrected the frequencies because I forgot that we only need to be able to store a half wave to filter out a frequency.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

I'm looking at the Ugritone stuff while they are running a summer sale. It looks like their cab system includes room impulses. Has anyone tried out TRVE CAB? Any opinions on the quality of their IR packs?

magicmusic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm sorry i edit title. i mean speaker cabinet impulses that contain reverb and delay too.
If you want a cab IR to have effects, process the cab impulse file with those effects yourself.

Doing something like delay with IR, though, is somewhat of a pointless waste of CPU time.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

imrae wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:27 am I'm looking at the Ugritone stuff while they are running a summer sale. It looks like their cab system includes room impulses. Has anyone tried out TRVE CAB? Any opinions on the quality of their IR packs?
I have hear the example of this on the webpage. it is currently cheap on sale. and the idea is very good. but the sounds i do not like in example. Seem what i miss did not bring the reverb or delay, it is reactive load or doppler effect to think it sound good. in this thread are new examples and on last page can hear a video with sound diffrence between reactive load and resistive load. seem my amp vst have no reactive load. viewtopic.php?f=138&t=531714&start=30

Return to “Guitars”