Courseware, do you consume it?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I receive Truefire emails, I was impressed with demo page of Matt Schofield's Blues Speak: Playing the Changes .
A fantastic player sharing his knowledge of great players, I would have never analysed someone as using a minor pentatonic with a minor 6th in the blues, even though I know the note from the natural minor and Dorian.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

tapper mike wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm I'm a cheap bastard but finally caved in on some truefire courses. Just to change up my playing. I like the 50 smooth jazz licks with Gill Paris.
I've been impressed with Truefire demos.
Matt Schofield for blues.
Jason Loughlin for country.
Robbie Calvo for melodic playing. His style is amazing, playing for intervals.

I got a few Kindle books but got bored with their pace, some seemed a bit slow and repetitive. Once I've finished those, I might look at a one of the above on Truefire, they seem to have regular sales.

Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

A way to remember is 2½ 3½ (tones).
TTSTTTS T=1 tone/2 frets S=1 semitone/1 fret

Mode Chord Remember - I Don't Play Loud Music After Late
Ionian - Major
Dorian- Minor
Phrygian - Minor
Lydian - Major
Mixolydian - Dominant
Aeolian - Minor (relative)
Locrian - Minor 7 b5

Circle of 5ths can be remembered with similar.

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:28 pm A way to remember is 2½ 3½ (tones).
TTSTTTS T=1 tone/2 frets S=1 semitone/1 fret

Mode Chord Remember - I Don't Play Loud Music After Late
Ionian - Major
Dorian- Minor
Phrygian - Minor
Lydian - Major
Mixolydian - Dominant
Aeolian - Minor (relative)
Locrian - Minor 7 b5

Circle of 5ths can be remembered with similar.
https://www.magneticmemorymethod.com/music-mnemonics/

Truefire has constant sales and better prices when logged in. Country Survival Guide - lead Edition was $20.99 recently.

You could pay that for an hour lesson. And Truefire offer a download, multi-platform apps, great multi-angle videos, backing tracks, guitar pro files (can be opened with the free Tux Guitar) and documents, a no-brainer. I'm using the Ubuntu app :D

They also give you a referral code worth $30. Here's mine.
https://truefire.com/ignite/?code=Noodla
What You Get:
14 Days of All Access to 33,000+ Video Guitar Lessons
Free Download of 10 Guitar Licks You MUST Know
$30 TrueFire Cash, Good for Up to 25% Off Downloads
25% Off Promo Code to Save on Your First Purchase
Access to Learning Paths, Tools, and Much, Much More!
They also have numerous $5 daily deals.

The Truefire 16 X $5 (£3.77) daily deals can be seen as bargains. How much are guitar lessons these days?
$5.png

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:49 pm The Truefire 16 X $5 (£3.77) daily deals can be seen as bargains. How much are guitar lessons these days?
$5.png
Free on poop tube as Vurt calls it.

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:55 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:49 pm The Truefire 16 X $5 (£3.77) daily deals can be seen as bargains. How much are guitar lessons these days?
$5.png
I'm all for free knowledge.

Just saying, for a few bucks you can get PDFs, guitar pro files, multi-angle videos, their cross-platform/device software app that can loop, slow down video, add a metronome, have chapters to work from and mark off completed chapters and MP3 backing tracks. All from professional musicians. All to download and keep for 5 bux.

Tux Guitar plays Guitar Pro files.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

$5.png
pootube actually (trademarked) :hihi:

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:04 pm
$5.png
I'm all for free knowledge.

Just saying, for a few bucks you can get PDFs, guitar pro files, multi-angle videos, their software app that can loop, slow down video, add a metronome, have chapters to work from and mark off completed chapters. All from professional musicians. All to download and keep to work at a desired pace.

Tux Guitar plays Guitar Pro files.
also, when you pay (even a few quid) you stick with it a little more, than "some guy doing odd bits" when its free stuff, they very rarely do a start to finish course, not that they should, its free, but when you pay, you know what to expect from whats on offer :shrug:
imo.

the pootube stuff is great for when youre just trying stuff out, not for actual training/learning.

some pootube guys, do also do payed stuff, and the free stuff gives you a good idea if their teaching style suits you, which can be a good start in learning.

Justin Guitar is a great resource. Consider the time and effort put into making lessons, is anything truly free or is it monetized on Pootube™? Rick Beato is an example, I believe he does it mostly for financial gain.

This is from someone who had loads of magazines from the 80's and 90's like Guitar Player Magazines at whatever price, along with numerous guitar lessons. I don't mind paying for quality and effort if it suit my needs, especially from professionals.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well yeah, often they are getting money for ads, but i dont "pay" then, i mean actual, paying, its makes you as a user, more connected.

well, for me at least.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:05 pm
$5.png
pootube actually (trademarked) :hihi:
:lol: pootube T.M

Truefire has 56 titles in today's $5 daily deals, why pay more?
https://truefire.com/back-to-school?utm ... BuckHeader

Had a look at the The Indispensable Toolbox for Guitarists with 847 Minutes Video, it covers a lot of areas, I need to practise.

Return to “Guitars”