Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

+1 for PDC.

Regards,
tl.

pinki wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:20 am Explain a bit more please!

late, but whatever... what i meant is freestyle only allows for a single input, output for plugins. look at bidule, or metaplugin, even the old studio units suite, permit for left input/output, right input/output as individuals.... not everything in stereo pairs. in freestyle, for example, it is impossible to create a true stereo reverb using 2 plugins.

Oh PDC is a pretty big deal actually. Yes please have it report the latency of plugins inside it to the DAW.

I'd love to see a fix for these 2 issues with host automation of Freestyle macros:
1) The values of macros are not passed to the host, they are just blank. The values, as seen on the freestyle GUI in the upper right corner, should be passed to the host DAW.
2) VST parameter values shown in the upper right corner are always %. With Newsonicarts devices, the macros will show the proper parameter unit if they are the only parameter assigned to the macro and it covers the full range. For example Granite pitch goes from -36 to 36. It would be very useful to see the true units of VSTs in the same way.

I'd like to request Round Robin with number of notes as a setting in instrument freeze. Nuance supports RR and I think SFZ supports round robin too right? Just thinking for SFZ export.
I'd definitely buy nuance if the freeze could do round Robin. It would also make it a great drum designer where sometimes round robin is important to not get machine gun effect.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Would love AU support. I'm a Logic user and I don't want to have to re-install a crapload of plugins just for their VST versions and take up a bunch of disk space.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:36 pm I'd love to see a fix for these 2 issues with host automation of Freestyle macros:
1) The values of macros are not passed to the host, they are just blank. The values, as seen on the freestyle GUI in the upper right corner, should be passed to the host DAW.
2) VST parameter values shown in the upper right corner are always %. With Newsonicarts devices, the macros will show the proper parameter unit if they are the only parameter assigned to the macro and it covers the full range. For example Granite pitch goes from -36 to 36. It would be very useful to see the true units of VSTs in the same way.
FYI the latest beta includes some improvements in this area (v1.5065)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:35 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:36 pm I'd love to see a fix for these 2 issues with host automation of Freestyle macros:
FYI the latest beta includes some improvements in this area (v1.5065)
Oh, nice to see that being improved.... So close! The VST parameters now display the real units in the upper right readout, which is great! And values are now transmitted to the host, but not the real value units of the parameter, and displayed by freestyle readout in the upper right. They are instead just showing 0-100. So all it needs now is to use the units as shown in the upper right to be sent to the host. That will be awesome. I take it it must be possible since Freestyle is displaying those values in it's interface. Thanks for looking at this!

Very happy to see the parameter list as the default when opening settings for a VST now also.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 pm So all it needs now is to use the units as shown in the upper right to be sent to the host. That will be awesome. I take it it must be possible since Freestyle is displaying those values in it's interface.
Sure it's 'possible', it's rather a matter of development effort vs benefit. In this particular case, tbh dont expect to see this anytime soon, as would require some delicate changes to our platform abstraction layer, which I don't deem worth the effort (vs alternative features currently in development or planned), especially as many VSTs dont report anything meaningful for this value.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 pm Very happy to see the parameter list as the default when opening settings for a VST now also.
Actually nothing changed here. The last used view is used as the default for next time so I suspect thats why you think it changed. Having said that, this will actually become the default view (and first tab) in an upcoming version.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 pm So all it needs now is to use the units as shown in the upper right to be sent to the host. That will be awesome. I take it it must be possible since Freestyle is displaying those values in it's interface.
Sure it's 'possible', it's rather a matter of development effort vs benefit. In this particular case, tbh dont expect to see this anytime soon, as would require some delicate changes to our platform abstraction layer, which I don't deem worth the effort (vs alternative features currently in development or planned), especially as many VSTs dont report anything meaningful for this value.
Ok. I definitely disagree with this last part though. Most decent VSTs report their true unit for parameters, otherwise it's very sloppy and automation is much more annoying. Also screens display values as you adjust them on things like Ableton Push, Maschine and Remote SL devices, and it helps to see what values you are setting. Often times it's things like Oscillator or LFO shapes, time in ms or note divisions, specific frequencies etc. Your other products are examples!
newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am Actually nothing changed here. The last used view is used as the default for next time so I suspect thats why you think it changed. Having said that, this will actually become the default view (and first tab) in an upcoming version.
Oh, before it kept opening on one of the other tabs even though I thought I had used the parameter list last. Or maybe it was a different plugin. This time it opened to the parameters for the first time in a while. But no matter, happy it works that way!

Here's anohter request relating to the instrument freeze function, or more specifically the revert to instrument function. Would it be possible, when you revert to the original instrument, to get the macros back as they were?

The ideal thing would be that if you were to revert, the macros come back, and then if you re-freeze, you get back the macros that you assigned to Nuance as well. I imagine this scenario where you may have frozen an instrument, then decided to revert to make a tweak and then re-freeze (overwrite the original), you might not want to lose macros you set up for Nuance.

I'll make sure New Sonic Arts logs this in.
Thanks.

Is VST3 support official, it was left hanging earlier in the thread?
My install isn't detecting them, yes I've entered the VST3 folder location in the preferences.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

It's on the roadmap.

pinki wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:26 am It's on the roadmap.
As in, loading VST3 plugins, and also being a VST3 itself?

I'm finally starting to move that way, so always happy to hear about VST3 versions.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”