Freestyle feedback

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dayjob wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:27 pm
newsonicarts wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:07 pm
dayjob wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 am downloaded the demo. the plug in scanning is a nightmare. it launches kontakt and imports all kontakt factory presets. i've had to restart it twice. even force quitting freestyle leaves kontakt running and importing factory presets. it actually launches each version of kontakt.. the 8 out version, 16 out version etc. Abort button does nothing.

ugh.
Freestyle opens the UI of plugins in order to capture a thumbnail. The issue you describe imho is a Kontakt issue, that as soon as the UI is opened, it immediately starts a time consuming scan process, which also does not stop even when the host requests to close the UI. I notice NI have improved that with Massive X, whereby when the UI closes the library installation is stopped, and will resume next time its opened. So hopefully they will fix it with Kontakt one day, but I guess not. However, most users never run into this issue, as they would have already opened Kontakt in their DAW.

That being said, it would probably make sense that we add an exception for Kontakt so that it does capture its UI. Which version of Kontakt is that?
i appreciate the explanation.

i assumed it was something like that. just frustrated venting here as plug in scanning in general is something i find problematic in every host as it seems to find things i've deleted. it's kontakt 5 which i never use. i think i have kontakt 6 installed as well as part of komplete. will make sure to launch each of them before having another go at Freestyle.
NI always recommend to load Kontakt standalone first before the plugin, especially after an update, so that scanning is completed first

is there a way to record audio from multiple VSTs in freestyle? it would make a nice environment for jamming with numerology + vstis and FX if i could capture the audio from each source independently for editing/arranging later in a daw.

I use this:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MRecorder
Melda MRecorder. It has a neat function "synchronize all instances" so you set up several and then just start recording on one. Good for time-aligned recordings. Also, I like float recording if I accidentally clip.
In the totally free version, you cant save internal presets but you can use fxp format.

bojanboyss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm I use this:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MRecorder
Melda MRecorder. It has a neat function "synchronize all instances" so you set up several and then just start recording on one. Good for time-aligned recordings. Also, I like float recording if I accidentally clip.
In the totally free version, you cant save internal presets but you can use fxp format.
oh thanks. i'll try that out. When audiomulch was still current i used to use it a lot in this kind of way.. jamming and multitracking.. using the built in file recorders and the sonalksys FreeG VST stereo Fader w/meter. made for really simple set up.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”