Freestyle Setup Audio Driver Bug

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Running FreeStyle 1.5 beta on macOS X Mojave I experienced a bug where in the Setup the Audio device selector obviously references the audio device driver by name, not by index. When you have two devices (drivers) that report with the same name (e.g. ScarlettUSB or DisplayPortAudio), FreeStyle always choses the first one and it's not possible to select the one you actually want.

Might this be a regression in 1.5 and should I try with 1.4?

Let me find out and I'll post back here..

Can you take a screenshot of the soundcard list? (as in the Setup -> Audio page).

Sure thing. See attached image (I also have shown my MIDI/Audio OS setup page). I have 5 output devices, the builtin output (Mac Pro 6,1), two thunderbolt displays, and two Scarlett USB interfaces.

Selecting the builtin output works fine (as there is only one). Selecting _any_ DisplayPort output leads to audio coming out of the first registered DisplayPort display (i.e., always the same no matter which output I select). Same happens with the Scarlett USB interfaces, no matter which one I select, sound comes always out of the logical 'first' one.

I can temporarily plug off one of the Scarletts to make it work for a session, but it's kind of annoying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OK thanks, we'll investigate

Return to “New Sonic Arts”