Call for Apple Silicon beta testers

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anyone is interested to get early access to Apple Silicon builds, please PM me, noting which of our apps/plugins you use and in which DAW.
Thanks
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Please note that both Granite and Vice are now available publicly as universal binary (the latest public-betas in the User Area)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

What's the status of Apple Silicon compatibility for Freestyle (and in general)?

I'd love to finally get it this year along with a new Silicon machine, but I want to make sure that it is future proof.

wvshpr wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:27 pm What's the status of Apple Silicon compatibility for Freestyle (and in general)?
Granite and Vice are officially universal binary, Nuance there is a public beta available since end of last year and there should be an official release soon (hopefully still this month).

Freestyle we have not rushed to update because it will require arm VSTs. There are now a lot available so we will start providing public beta builds relative soon, but this will be after the next official release which is 1.61 which is also coming very soon (hopefully still this month).
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:58 pm
wvshpr wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:27 pm What's the status of Apple Silicon compatibility for Freestyle (and in general)?
Granite and Vice are officially universal binary, Nuance there is a public beta available since end of last year and there should be an official release soon (hopefully still this month).

Freestyle we have not rushed to update because it will require arm VSTs. There are now a lot available so we will start providing public beta builds relative soon, but this will be after the next official release which is 1.61 which is also coming very soon (hopefully still this month).
Sounds great! Looking forward to it. Mentioned Granite and Vice in this thread and it has been added to the list:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=556728

Thanks, Nuance can also be added to the list too :)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Done! :D

Any idea of when freestyle will allow AU hosting? I only use AU hosts so I save SSD space by not having to install the vsts.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”