ZEBRA2 CUSTOMERS!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok. Problem found. Some Microsoft developers have a real mental problem.

A new build is currently being tested and will probably be up in a few hours.

Cheers,

;) Urs

ok, I'm confused?!??

is there a final v2 already? or a way to order an upgrade?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

If you don't have any previous version of Zebra2 installed, just follow the installation instructions for Zebra2 and it will install the presets for you upon first launch.
The installation instructions do not mention using a "C:\program files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2" folder ...
If you have an older version of Zebra2 installed, you can either move the presets manually from uhe_data\Presets\Zebra2 to C:\program files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2
I had an older version but deleted it before installing (an attempt to install "clean")

No presets are showing up anywhere and I can't even find them manually.

I'm on a PC, still looking from the outside into the as yet forbidden world of U-HE.

please advise.

pj, where did you install/decompress zebra to? The presets will be under that location. Copy the presets folder's contents to the "C:\program files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2" folder.

pj geerlings wrote:The installation instructions do not mention using a "C:\program files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2" folder ...
No. You just drag the folder into Vstplugins and upon first launch it creates that directory. Unless the directory already exists. That's why I propose to rename it.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote:
pj geerlings wrote:The installation instructions do not mention using a "C:\program files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2" folder ...
No. You just drag the folder into Vstplugins and upon first launch it creates that directory. Unless the directory already exists. That's why I propose to rename it.

Cheers,

;) Urs
OK - thanks! - I'll look into this again when I get home from work.

What is the recommended way to install clean? Should I remove the "C:\program files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2" folder? (that is, assuming that it exists) BTW, I couldn't find any Zebra data items in the Steinberg portion of the registry, is this normal?

peace,
pj

EDIT: My windows installation is on drive G: the nominal Program Files directory is on that drive - is this possibly a problem?
Last edited by pj geerlings on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Urs wrote:Some Microsoft developers have a real mental problem.
*Some*..? :nutter:

*Most*... :D

Ok,

sorry boys, but I'm pretty much at the end of my contenance... the fix seems to work, but I get a negative report from one beta tester...

However, all AU users and VST Win users should download again, from the same address as in the email from yesterday. If there's still a problem (demo mode in AU, not opening old projects in VST Win), please let me know asap. Otherwise I'll send out another 2100 Emails later tonite and just pray.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote: 2100 Emails
thats a impresive fan base ;)

i'm not back at my DAW intill tomorrow, but i will test & let you know how it gose ASAP ;)

best of luck

Subz

Urs wrote:Hiya,

I'm sending out registration emails to everybody who has already purchased Zebra2.

As always, some emails bounced back, some Z2 VST Win Group Buyers from back in 2004 might have got lost from the radar, so...

... if you havn't received any Email with Z2 codes already, please let me know:

urs [ at ] u-he [ dot ] com

Cheers,

;) Urs
Hi Urs,

I'm one of those Windows group-buy people, and I received your email and the synth.

I want to publicly thank you for giving me Filterscape while waiting for Z2. I have back trouble and I'm stuck [not physically ;) ] in my recliner most of the time, so I just bought an Alesis Micron I can play in my lap. I'm typing this now on the computer by my recliner. Why I didn't think of this earlier, I don't know. I haven't played since June. But, as long as I can play my synths, whether it's the full-sized ones or the smaller Alesis Micron, I will buy whatever you produce if it's Windows compatible -- if I have any use for it whatsoever.

You are a really good guy and I truly appreciate your support. I hope you do well in whatever you do.

Best regards,

Larry Welter

OK, well the GF pissed me off so in the end i came home tonight :hihi:

well it now shows as v0.2 again & loads old tracks with no problem :)

PS, i'm currently having fun makeing some patches in zebra2 :D (nice work flow you got ther Urs ;) )

Subz

www.skirize.adbe.org/mod_wheel_bass.mp3

thats just the mod wheel slowley raising then faling

8)

:D

djsubject wrote:www.skirize.adbe.org/mod_wheel_bass.mp3

thats just the mod wheel slowley raising then faling

8)

:D
Hehe, too many beens for dinner? Take some tums. :D

:hihi:

Hmm, Urs - have a little prob also with the AU-version. The first release of the Demo from early Dec. worked fine, but when I overwrote it with the version of 29th Dec there were some graphics at the left side of the synthesis-page missing - knobs of several LFO-units and the shapes that cover units at the FCOs f.e.
Didn´t report this, as I thought, this will be probably away with the final or just a later demo. But when I installed the latest demof31. Jan., the same failure showed up! I deleted every zebra2 component out of the component-folders and made a new install - same graphics... Whats wrong and how to fix this?

Ah! The zebra2 component text-line appears in red since the update of the 29th of Dec.(as the zebralette-text apears in yellow...) I think, this has nothing to do with, or has it?

I do a relatively complicated transfer always cause the Mac isn´t online. So I download with a PC and extract alread with this one before I transfer the thing to the studio via USB-Stick. Worked fine all the time till now...
So far

CdT

Live V11.55 - still Betatesters searched - wanna join?
G5 2G Dual, Panther 10.3.5, Logic 7.0.1, MackieControl, 2xAMT8, 2xMOTU24i/o+div. Hardware

Return to “u-he”