Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to batch tag several presets in U-he plugins with the new preset browser? I have a lot of bought presets without tags and would like to add categories without editing each one by one.

Else I will write myself/us a small Mac application doing this.

Edit: Ah I see it's possible by dragging several presets to the categories on the left side of the browser.

Urs just bought Repro on the NI sale and I'm really enjoying it, but what I would like to see implemented in the future is in the tweaks area is the option to add oscillator leakage and amp hiss also hum to add to the dirtiness of this synth, it seems to sterile compared to a real synth, I guess that the velvet module included does some of that stuff but I'm sure it would be awesome If we could get some of the real character of the synth in those areas for added realism.

@Lucastyle: I can assure you that our Prophet 5 and two Pro Ones sound don't sound any less "sterile" or more "realistic" than Repro! ;-)

Lucastyle wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm Urs just bought Repro on the NI sale
That's odd, I thought he already had it :)

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:48 am
Lucastyle wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm Urs just bought Repro on the NI sale
Nope, looks like there even was no discount for him... Should have been waiting for NI sale. :clown:
Peace and tolerance

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:48 am
Lucastyle wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm Urs just bought Repro on the NI sale and I'm really enjoying it
Only for a short time, he handed it over to Lucastyle.

Man you grammar nazis don't miss one, I'm sorry English is not my first language.

Howard wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 am @Lucastyle: I can assure you that our Prophet 5 and two Pro Ones sound don't sound any less "sterile" or more "realistic" than Repro! ;-)
Thanks Howard, but is it really that clean? sorry for being so curious but I really want to know because it's impossible for me to get ahold of one of those coveted prophets to be able to reference and compare, my only reference for analogue stuff is Moog and as far as I can tell it has those quirks and they are absent from diva, so I have to ask.

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:12 pm Man you grammar nazis don't miss one, I'm sorry English is not my first language.
Sorry, its not you who should apologize - and didn't mean to offend you.

Hadrondrift wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:51 pm
Lucastyle wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:12 pm Man you grammar nazis don't miss one, I'm sorry English is not my first language.
Sorry, its not you who should apologize - and didn't mean to offend you.
You didn't offend me, no problem dude :party:

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 pm
Howard wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 am @Lucastyle: I can assure you that our Prophet 5 and two Pro Ones sound don't sound any less "sterile" or more "realistic" than Repro! ;-)
Thanks Howard, but is it really that clean? sorry for being so curious but I really want to know because it's impossible for me to get ahold of one of those coveted prophets to be able to reference and compare, my only reference for analogue stuff is Moog and as far as I can tell it has those quirks and they are absent from diva, so I have to ask.
He already answered your question definitively... all he can do is repeat the same answer :)

You're supposed to go 'lol' ;)

pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:14 pm
He already answered your question definitively... all he can do is repeat the same answer :)
It looks like it but I'm pretty skeptical about it, I remember reading somewhere that Urs said they didn't implemented those features because some users may find them as being defects instead of features, thats what I'm asking.

Seeing that the tweak page offers so many options I don't see a problem in implementing a switch there to get those extra qualities in the emulation, after all this is supposed to be the ultimate emu out there.

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 pm It looks like it but I'm pretty skeptical about it, I remember reading somewhere that Urs said they didn't implemented those features because some users may find them as being defects instead of features, thats what I'm asking.
From all things we measured an observed, we only left out scratchy pots, breaking down OpAmps (that needs more explanation, but trust me, you don't wanna know) and the 50hz/60Hz AC hum from the power supply. Latter would be seen as a bug by most.
Seeing that the tweak page offers so many options I don't see a problem in implementing a switch there to get those extra qualities in the emulation, after all this is supposed to be the ultimate emu out there.
It's all there, as harvested from several specimen and glued into a non-esoteric package.

Also the oscillators seem really stable, there's the initial detuning of each voice which you can control with the voice detune knob but the oscillators don't seem to drift as I press a key for a long time, is this normal behavior of a real prophet or is it a design choice you guys made, I also ask this because I read somewhere Urs mentioning that you guys choose which behaviors to emulate and I'm really not sure if this is standard or by design.

Return to “u-he”