Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
KVRist
111 posts since 6 May, 2018

Post Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:47 pm

There seems to be a small bug in the Repro-1 and Repro-5 preset selection and display. Whenever I load up the VST (2 and 3) version in Ableton Suite 10 on macOS Catalina and click next I always have to click next twice to end up with the first named preset showing up in the display. The same issue happens with Bazille. It works as expected in ACE, Diva, Hive and Zebra.

KVRian
1079 posts since 22 Mar, 2005 from Germany

Post Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:13 am

kodnin wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Whenever I load up the VST (2 and 3) version in Ableton Suite 10 on macOS Catalina and click next I always have to click next twice to end up with the first named preset showing up in the display.
It's not a bug, it's a feature (ah, I just love saying that). :)
The first time you click the arrow it will load the "-- INIT --" preset, because that's the very first preset in the preset folder. The init preset does not display its name in the data display.

KVRist
111 posts since 6 May, 2018

Post Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:49 am

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:13 am
kodnin wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Whenever I load up the VST (2 and 3) version in Ableton Suite 10 on macOS Catalina and click next I always have to click next twice to end up with the first named preset showing up in the display.
It's not a bug, it's a feature (ah, I just love saying that). :)
The first time you click the arrow it will load the "-- INIT --" preset, because that's the very first preset in the preset folder. The init preset does not display its name in the data display.
As a software developer I’m familiar with that saying. I’m having a hard time however to see how it’s a feature. How does the ‘initial’ (as in default) patch differ from the ‘init’ (as in blank slate) patch?
Last edited by kodnin on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
1079 posts since 22 Mar, 2005 from Germany

Post Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:38 am

kodnin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:49 am
As a software developer I’m familiar with that saying. I’m having a hard time however to the how it’s a feature. How does the ‘initial’ (as in default) patch differ from the ‘init’ (as in blank slate) patch?
The -- INIT -- preset is a remnant of the time when we did not have the init feature in the context menu.
We have since started removing this preset from our plugins whenever there was time to improve the factory library during an update cycle.
Over time the -- INIT -- preset will disappear from all products, as it's redundant by now.

KVRist
111 posts since 6 May, 2018

Post Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:49 am

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:38 am
kodnin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:49 am
As a software developer I’m familiar with that saying. I’m having a hard time however to the how it’s a feature. How does the ‘initial’ (as in default) patch differ from the ‘init’ (as in blank slate) patch?
The -- INIT -- preset is a remnant of the time when we did not have the init feature in the context menu.
We have since started removing this preset from our plugins whenever there was time to improve the factory library during an update cycle.
Over time the -- INIT -- preset will disappear from all products, as it's redundant by now.
I see, thanks for the quick response and the reasoning behind it. :tu:

KVRist
68 posts since 15 May, 2015

Post Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:33 am

az82 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:28 am
Thank you for helping me narrow it down. Yes, still sRGB, Repro 9669. VST worked fine in Ableton 10.1.25.

I reverted to the Live binary of 10.1.18 and now the AU works perfectly too.
Ableton is now aware of the issue and they were able to reproduce it. It affects all versions higher than 10.1.18 including the latest Ableton 11 beta.

KVRer
13 posts since 30 Nov, 2020

Post Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi guys sry I'm new and didn't read all the postings on the forum so apologies if this has already been reported.

I used to run Repro 1 fine with Mojave and since yesterday I updated to Catalina and also updated Repro to the latest 2020 January version as well - my AU became so slow when changing presets it took like 3-6 seconds and froze my Ableton in the process each time - very very annoying. So I changed all my Repro 1 tracks to VST3 on my project and it's running flawlessly (and btw even faster than previous version with Mojave so great).

Am I the only one here I find it very strange that Repro 1 AU component only would face issues? Cheers.

KVRist
382 posts since 4 Jan, 2007

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:29 am

An FR for every FX suitable for mixing, mostly Presswerk, Satin and uhbik-q (but could work for others): an "equal-loudness" trim/gain and bypass, to avoid being fooled on things sounding better/worse by differences in gain.

I think I'm spoiled by this TDR feature. Now I find this time saver missing everywhere. I find myself doing a small change, gaing staging, A/B comparing, another small change, another gain stage, more A/B.

E.g. Presswerk even though there is autogain the dry/wet mix amount negates it (if I remember correctly).

On Satin it could be useful too, as the how hard the tape is driven has direct impact on the volume.

It would be nice to have it on Uhbik-Q too, bot those have a lot of IOs.

EDIT: my bad, Satin has it.
Last edited by rafa1981 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KVRist
119 posts since 5 Sep, 2011

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:44 pm

U-he is there any updates or improvements planned for satin?

I don't have any suggestions other than maybe add an extreme mode to get some gnarly tape sounds.

KVRist
90 posts since 10 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:16 pm

It's been said before, but I'd like to give it another mention:

I'd really love an extra Mod Matrix page in Hive2, a Matrix C.

As a heavy user of most u-he plugins, this one is the only thing I really wish for.
During the couple of years I used Zebra2 before upgrading to ZebraHZ, I don't recall once longing for the extra Mod Matrix slots.
With Hive2 however, I keep pushing the limit for slots.

So much of Hive2's magic happens in the (powerful, amazing) Mod Matrix, so I find it quite easy to fill it up.
I'd love to get rid of that feeling when my head has more ideas, I see my computer handling it easily, but I'm just once again running out of slots. :wink:

User avatar
KVRAF
18467 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm

krans wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:16 pm
It's been said before, but I'd like to give it another mention:

I'd really love an extra Mod Matrix page in Hive2, a Matrix C.

As a heavy user of most u-he plugins, this one is the only thing I really wish for.
During the couple of years I used Zebra2 before upgrading to ZebraHZ, I don't recall once longing for the extra Mod Matrix slots.
With Hive2 however, I keep pushing the limit for slots.

So much of Hive2's magic happens in the (powerful, amazing) Mod Matrix, so I find it quite easy to fill it up.
I'd love to get rid of that feeling when my head has more ideas, I see my computer handling it easily, but I'm just once again running out of slots. :wink:
I regularly use up all the slots... so a Big +1

KVRian
973 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:07 am

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:38 am
the init feature in the context menu.
Is there a way to overwrite the patch that is called via this menu i.e. create a custom init patch?
Always Read the Manual!

KVRian
1079 posts since 22 Mar, 2005 from Germany

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 am

PieBerger wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:07 am
Is there a way to overwrite the patch that is called via this menu i.e. create a custom init patch?
There is no way to overwrite this init preset.
But you can create your own custom init preset and name it default.
You have to save it into the main Local folder (it will be invisible in the browser).
A new instance of the plugin will then load with this default preset.

KVRian
973 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 am

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 am
PieBerger wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:07 am
Is there a way to overwrite the patch that is called via this menu i.e. create a custom init patch?
There is no way to overwrite this init preset.
But you can create your own custom init preset and name it default.
You have to save it into the main Local folder (it will be invisible in the browser).
A new instance of the plugin will then load with this default preset.
Ah that's a shame. I already save all of my synths as Racks in Live with a custom default preset, so instances get the custom preset, however, I often use a single instance to create and resample multiple patches and being able to recall a custom init preset from the menu, would therefore be helpful.

If you don't ask, you don't get, as they say. Thanks for your reply none-the-less :)
Always Read the Manual!

KVRist
111 posts since 6 May, 2018

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:21 pm

Lucastyle wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:44 pm
U-he is there any updates or improvements planned for satin?

I don't have any suggestions other than maybe add an extreme mode to get some gnarly tape sounds.
This is a perfect idea! I’d like some sounds to be even more affected by it.

Return to “u-he”