Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:I'll eventually add a user definable location, no prob.
That's good to see. You had me worried for a sec that the choice was going to be between two effectively hard-coded locations. I don't like stuff being put in my OS partition (i.e. C:\Program Files\blah blah blah), but I also have several different VST plugin directories (mainly for different hosts), none of which I call Vstplugins. So if it's on the plan, great. It's certainly not the most urgent thing, I'll admit.

[quote="codef0x"]+1 -- but only if you, say, create a static line to know where the default position is -- or make the automation effect an additional layer/color in the control.

So you know where you SET it, and where the current position is based on automation.[/quote]

Yeah, good point.

J

I'd like to see the PWM option from Zebralette at some point since its a better way to preserve CPU for PWM based pathces like strings, basses, piano etc..

Right now i can fake a PWM by just vari the pulsewidth in the 16 waveform slots and have it run fast but it eats CPU likes theres no tomorrow. So whatever was done with the Zebralette PWM option is a much better way to produce PWM.

If this makes no sense at all i'd be happy to come up with PWM examples for Zebra & Zebralette.

Ohhh one more thing heh heh an option for PAUSE (meaning no sound) step in the ARP.

Guess the wishlist have no ending ;)

I better stop before i get carried away :oops:

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Save a Zebralette patch with PWM as .h2p
Copy it over to Zebra2 presets folder
Open in Zebra
See how it works (it's in the Phase tab of the oscillators)

8)

Urs wrote:Save a Zebralette patch with PWM as .h2p
Copy it over to Zebra2 presets folder
Open in Zebra
See how it works (it's in the Phase tab of the oscillators)

8)
Ok thx Urs, got it now INV Phase was the key :)

Does it show i dont read manuals ;) sorry

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

mkastrup wrote:Ok thx Urs, got it now INV Phase was the key :)
Yep! It's one of these u-he-way-of-doing-things. People loved it in Filterscape, but it was already in Zebra 1.0 as "Spectral PWM".

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs,

It would be nice to have an envelope mode where parameter display would be in time units and not in obscure numbers. Sometimes it is hard to convert linear scale to exponential on the fly :)

Thanks,
Mike

kodama wrote:Well it would be much more useful if you could save as well as load templates from these menus.
You can. Right-click (Windows PC - dunno what it is on the Mac).

hey urs, can I get your email address?

muadib wrote:hey urs, can I get your email address?
Sure, it's urs at u-he dot com - and I sometimes even find the time to answer...

urs,

live 6.0.7 reports zebra 2 is incompatible. (zebralette runs just fine!) i'm running an athlon 64 2400+ laptop under windows xp home with 1.25 gb ram. is there a fix in?

aaa
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

Live is probably wrong. They have recently started to keep buggy with my stuff, so I doubt it's my fault in that case.

Urs wrote:Live is probably wrong. They have recently started to keep buggy with my stuff, so I doubt it's my fault in that case.
i've always wondered about the relationship between plugin developers and host developers. how do you know who's at fault when a plugin doesn't work in a particular host? what's dynamic of fixing the problem? do host developers just give you a new sdk or simply instructions to follow? how do you get a plugin to work with all of the hosts? i assume host developers are developing to a uniform standard.
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

Zebra 2 works fine with Live 6.0.7 for me.

Maybe a corrupted installation?

Ron

Well I talked to Ableton and they say everything's fine. Maybe it's down to a certain configuration, or to whatever other software is installed... (I wouldn't be surprised if Zebra is scanned last... Z... and some other plugin being scanned before somehow corrupts the scanning process... interesting thought... will ask Abletons again...)

Return to “u-he”