Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmrzycki wrote:I've got an idea for a minor enhancement. I really like the graphical feedback of LFOs in ZebraCM. I know you've said they might be coming to Z2 in the future. I was wondering if you'd considered something similar for the envelopes? Given the Z2 envelopes are powerful ADSR++ envs, It'd be nice to have some visual feedback as to what a knob is doing to a given env when manipulate, plus the different slope and line options. I doubt I'm the only one that would benefit from "seeing" a static representation of a given Envelope. You could also have a loop marker akin to the MSEGs to assist in really grasping the life of an env.

Just a thought. I know you're swamped with a million things.
totally agree having an Option to see the envelope would be great

another one: larger window for the synth....or a resizeable one

A little update on things:

Some bugs are fixed that screwed the persistance of gui state when closing/opening the editor window. Something still screws some tabs, even though it worked a couple of days ago. Must investigate further.

I've had a couple of really hard days making the gui remember the patch folder & patch file. But as it stands, at least the AU already remembers this, even after closing/opening the song itself. So, when you choose a patch from within Zebra's gui, you close the gui, open it again, it'll just be where you left it, with the correct preset highlighted.

I'm still reluctant in respect of Midi Program Changes. It's not an easy thing to do, as the preset management currently is part of the gui, while Program Changes will have to be part of the dsp side. I must find a link, but maybe above mechanism to remember the gui state is also usable to propell Program Changes from dsp up to gui.

#---

Some scripting bugs are fixed, especially Waveform stuff and MSEGs are better controllable
Docs for scripting start here: http://www.u-he.com/scripting

#---

Receptor compatibility is currently screwed by, uhm, the registration file... doesn't concern freeware, but keeps me from publishing a new Zebra build
Other than that, Receptor compatibility shall be established

#---

Some more improvements, such as larger file selector for Module Presets, renamed Portamento to Glide etc.

(note to myself: must send beej new Zebra2.txt for Transmission skin update)

#---

New machine is great. Cinema 4D renders between 500%-700% cpu... pretty efficient... Vista recognizes 8 cores but only 2 GB... bummer

#---

Am on the case with lots of other things reported & requested... one by one... hope to have new Z2 build out soon!

Cheers,

;) Urs

Ace! :)

beej wrote:Ace! :)
pssst... that's actually the name of the next synth planned...

Urs wrote:
Shouldn't it be Apple? That way you can say, "From A as in Apple to Z as in Zebra we have all your sound design needs covered."

:hihi:

How would you do preset management?
I mean, there are only 128 midi slots right?

Would you have a preset folder, or preset playlists? so you could order your presets for specific circumstances?

How about an Oldskool(tm) GeneralMidi bank?

bmrzycki wrote:
Urs wrote:
Shouldn't it be Apple? That way you can say, "From A as in Apple to Z as in Zebra we have all your sound design needs covered."

:hihi:
Antelope?

Aardvark. Come on, do it properly..! ;)

beej wrote:Aardvark. Come on, do it properly..! ;)
It would fit the animal theme... :D

Okay, Mac source files have successfully been merged into Win sources, but no in-depth tests, yet.

Auth file and Midimap may now fit into receptorized file scheme

A little difference between AU and VST may compromise some of the recent work... meaning, a little extra effort may have to go into the gui improvements for VST versions. We'll see...

A new version for the brave may hopefully appear tomorrow.

;) Urs

Ultracoolness. :D

awesome

musicall wrote:awesome
Chyoobyoolrrr!

Urs wrote: A new version for the brave may hopefully appear tomorrow.

;) Urs
Who you gonna call... BUG BUSTERS!!

We all know Zebra is becoming an entity sooo, ill better prepare myself with holy water, mousetrap, a huge hammer and a blanket just incase something wierd pops up :)
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Return to “u-he”