Patch Design Contest now with ***PRIZES!!!***

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I guess this is finished then? Or will there be an extension of the deadline?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:So I guess this is finished then? Or will there be an extension of the deadline?
The deadline was extended...

Ah yes, it is indeed.
I shall whip out my Zebra then this evening and turn it's knobs.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

hakey wrote:
Urs wrote:The wooden site panels are only fake. I don't think the final version will have them.
Well that's your choice, but you know it's not going to sound very 'analog' without them? :roll:
+1 (seriously - I like fake wooden endcheeks!)

Howard wrote:
hakey wrote:
Urs wrote:The wooden site panels are only fake. I don't think the final version will have them.
Well that's your choice, but you know it's not going to sound very 'analog' without them? :roll:
+1 (seriously - I like fake wooden endcheeks!)
Who said I was joking? :wink:

(In all seriousness though, I'm sure that visual cues do to some extent alter the perception of sound in a subtle synaesthetic kind of a way.)

Here's a new photo of the prize.

You can tell that I had enormous fun recently 8)

Urs wrote:Here's a new photo of the prize.

You can tell that I had enormous fun recently 8)
Very nice :D

Any chance when a wire is selected the other wires dim/disappear? This helps sort out the virtual cable mess quite a bit. ;)

bmrzycki wrote:Any chance when a wire is selected the other wires dim/disappear? This helps sort out the virtual cable mess quite a bit. ;)
Hey... can you please wait till it's in the beta team :-x

Seriously, these wires are very fast. They don't "hang" right yet, but you can do things with these wires that I havn't seen before 8)

Urs wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:Any chance when a wire is selected the other wires dim/disappear? This helps sort out the virtual cable mess quite a bit. ;)
Hey... can you please wait till it's in the beta team :-x

Seriously, these wires are very fast. They don't "hang" right yet, but you can do things with these wires that I havn't seen before 8)
:oops: sorry! I just had flashbacks to wiring combinators in R4 and wiggling cords to try to find the right one. I'm sure the u-he method will make me a happy patcher. :D

I shall shut up now and bask in the glory of early screenshotdom.

Now that you've seen the prize, just a quick reminder: the deadline for submissions is midnight GMT this coming Monday :wink:

Okay, uh, what the heck is that thing?

Is this a completely different animal? Not a Zebra? Not anything I've seen before in an updated version?

It's freakin' beautiful is what it is.

But what is it??? :-o :shock:

physae wrote: It's freakin' beautiful is what it is.
But what is it??? :-o :shock:
It's a 4 osc semi modular synth. with wires. In alpha.

physae wrote: But what is it??? :-o :shock:
My best guesses:

Tetris with sound

Pixie sticks that go in your ears, not up your nose

The sound of one hand clapping, missing, and punching a sumo wrestler

MCnoone wrote:semi modular synth
I think we can faithfully call it fully modular. You can patch back and forth wherever you want. You can even waste an analogue modelled filter to smooth out an envelope if you so wish... (while you can't control each and every knob by a control voltage, this is also true for most of the modules in my Doepfer rack. In fact, the Distraction offers more holes for wires per module than their equivalents in the modular system).

And I think it's also the first modular FM/PD synth. It's the synth that makers of DX and CZ never dared to build, with a good portion of Bob Moog (and dare I say: Howie & myself) thrown in.

But of course, what the screenshot gives away is only half of the concept :hihi:

Urs wrote:
It's the synth that makers of DX and CZ never dared to build, with a good portion of Bob Moog (and dare I say: Howie & myself) thrown in.

But of course, what the screenshot gives away is only half of the concept :hihi:

I'm actually kind of scared right now.

:)

Return to “u-he”