Patch Contest: Patches and Voting

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The entries for the first patch contest can be downloaded here (box.net) or here (megaupload).

***The patch: A Moment of Dripping Menace looks to have one of its synth matrix channels muted. I'm guessing that this isn't how the designer intended it, so it might be worth unmuting this channel when auditioning (press the red square underneath the LH column).***

The 'task' for the contest was to design a patch inspired by this sequence from Fritz Lang's Metropolis. (See also Patch Design Contest)

There are eleven patches two of which have associated .mid files. There was a considerable difference in perceived volume between the patches and for this reason I decided to adjust the 'output' gain of some patches to bring them more-or-less into line with one another. As it was the range in volumes didn't do anyone any favours - the quiet ones were just too quiet and in comparison the loud ones sounded almost offensively so. I've done my very best to match the levels between patches, but it's not an exact science and I hope that nobody is too upset with my decision or the results. :wink: (If anyone thinks I've done a bad job of it PM me)

Anyway, I've included a set of the unadulterated originals for comparison, these are in the subfolder marked 'Unbalanced Patches' - the folder marked 'Balanced Patches' unsurprisingly, contains the rebalanced ones.

To audition the patches unzip the Zebra Patch Contest.rar and place the folder marked 'Zebra Patch Contest' in U-He > Presets > Zebra2.

Make sure to read any info saved with each patch (press the info button at the top of the Zebra UI). Patches with a '+' sign after them make use of the XY pads, so be sure to try them where that's the case.

There are two .mid files with associated patches, I've put these in a folder marked "Patches and .mid files". Please take the time to try these out.

Once you've decided which are your favourites add your vote here: top 3, in descending order of preference (and only votes in this thread please - a separate thread will shortly be opened for discussion.)

It goes without saying that a lot of work has gone into these so give them a fair hearing. :)

EDIT: To decide 'Teh Winnar' I was thinking a simple points system where someone's 1st preference gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points, and 3rd 1point.
Last edited by hakey on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

1: Z-Maschine+
2: MetroSwitch
3: spielMotor
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

moved to discussion thread

1: T1000
2: Organsearch
3: In Maria's Eyes
Last edited by very angry mobster on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1: Early
2: Organsearch+
3: spielMotor

You can now download the presets from the U-He PatchLib.

(will vote when I try them out tonight).

1. Metroswitch
2. T1000+
3. Z-Maschine+

ok then I *will* not vote for my own although it is obviously the best (just kidding)

1. T-1000
2. A Moment Dripping of Menace+
3. Z-Machine

u

1. Z-Maschine+
2. T1000+
3. Robottom End

1. Robottom End+
2. Metroformation+
3. MetroSwitch

1. Z-machine+
2. T1000+
3. Spielmotor

So hard to choose! I like 'em all.

Really great patches - all of them! :tu:

1. spielMotor
2. MetroSwitch
3. A Moment Dripping of Menance+
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Here's my vote:

1. T1000
2. Robottom End
3. spielMotor

1 T1000+
2 Robottom End+
3 Z-machine+

1 Z-Machine+
2 T1000+
3 Organsearch+

Return to “u-he”