License Transfers

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

forestrip wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 pm I sold my Zebra license and I sent transfer request using your form. (I'm owner of U-he Zebra more then 9 months).
Waiting confirmation about success license transfer.
You know you don't have to always post about license transfers here? :)
If your request comes in on a Sunday (which it did), we'll handle it on the following Monday. (So today.)
If we have to answer forum posts first, it only takes longer to process the transfer. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Rob, i don't know- sorry ;)
waiting email confirmation ;)

Hi!

I know your support is going to be slow during the holidays from the message you have posted on your website, but are you still going to proceed with licence transfers during that time? I presently have a licence transfer in the queue that has been requested by my seller and I can't wait to finally register my Uhbik demos :D

Thanks

guys sorry - i wrote in wrong thread
Last edited by forestrip on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, they support license transfers. Not sure why they don't get back to you.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am Yes, they support license transfers. Not sure why they don't get back to you.
Their support is slower at the moment because of the holidays. They posted a note on their support page: https://u-he.com/support

(I'm waiting for a licence transfer too :wink: )

I'm currently going through PM's with someone on this site who wants to sell me their DIVA license. They asked me for the name and email associated with my u-he account and if I have Paypal. How will the license transfer work, generally?

X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm I'm currently going through PM's with someone on this site who wants to sell me their DIVA license. They asked me for the name and email associated with my u-he account and if I have Paypal. How will the license transfer work, generally?
You send the seller the money, you tell them your full name and email address.
The seller then contacts us, tells us your full name and your email address.
We transfer their license to your name and email address and send you an email with your license information.
That's all.

Depending on when the transfer request reaches us, how busy we are at the time, and whether or not it's necessary to write back-and-forth with the seller, processing a transfer can take anything from a few minutes up to several days.

You do not need to have or create an account beforehand, in fact, we don't even have "accounts" as such anymore.
Just your name and email address sent to us by the seller are sufficient.

Please always make sure that the sale is legitimate before you send money anywhere. If the seller has previously received positive feedback in the Market Place feedback thread, or if u-he staff have confirmed in their sales thread that the license exists, then it should be fairly safe to purchase.

Due to data protection laws, we can not reveal to buyers directly whether or not sellers actually own the license/s they're advertising. But you can always ask the seller to contact us, and have them ask us to confirm their license in their sales thread. As long as the seller requests that we "reveal their data", we can at least do that.
Cheers
Rob

#rob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:17 pm
X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm I'm currently going through PM's with someone on this site who wants to sell me their DIVA license. They asked me for the name and email associated with my u-he account and if I have Paypal. How will the license transfer work, generally?
You send the seller the money, you tell them your full name and email address.
The seller then contacts us, tells us your full name and your email address.
We transfer their license to your name and email address and send you an email with your license information.
That's all.

Depending on when the transfer request reaches us, how busy we are at the time, and whether or not it's necessary to write back-and-forth with the seller, processing a transfer can take anything from a few minutes up to several days.

You do not need to have or create an account beforehand, in fact, we don't even have "accounts" as such anymore.
Just your name and email address sent to us by the seller are sufficient.

Please always make sure that the sale is legitimate before you send money anywhere. If the seller has previously received positive feedback in the Market Place feedback thread, or if u-he staff have confirmed in their sales thread that the license exists, then it should be fairly safe to purchase.

Due to data protection laws, we can not reveal to buyers directly whether or not sellers actually own the license/s they're advertising. But you can always ask the seller to contact us, and have them ask us to confirm their license in their sales thread. As long as the seller requests that we "reveal their data", we can at least do that.
Ok thanks for the information. I'll speak to them about getting them to confirm with you guys that they do have a license.

Hi, I have a question. A member responded to my WTB DIva thread on in this site's Buy/Sell section by PM and wants to sell me his license for Diva for $99 and says he's willing to transfer the license to me first before I pay him, he says after the license transfer is complete then I can pay him. This seems a bit sketchy though as the user has no reason to trust me nor I him. He doesn't have any sale threads that I could see, despite claiming he's made several sales here at KVR.

Is there any way this may be a potential scam? Should I avoid buying from this person or is it a safe deal?

X86 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm Is there any way this may be a potential scam? Should I avoid buying from this person or is it a safe deal?
I don't know if it was the same person, but someone approached us today and asked to have their license transferred to someone else, with the added information of that same "transfer before money" situation.

I responded and recommended not to transfer anything before receiving the payment, explaining the possible unretrievable loss of the license in case of a fraudulent buyer. I said I would still transfer if they really wanted to, but I've not received a confirmation since.

I wouldn't know if they were the same person you are dealing with, but the person who approached us today about such a deal does have a valid and transferable Diva license registered.
Cheers
Rob

Ok, thanks. I think it was probably for me. I can confirm my name and email for the transfer to you through PM if that helps.

Asking this question here, hoping I might be able to get a more definitive answer than in the bargain center discussion thread. The responses to my enquiry there did not gain clarity.
If I buy the u-he collection from Native Instruments, am I licensing it through NI or through u-he? How does that work.

And are the bundle licenses tied together, or could I sell off just the components that I wish, say after nine months of extended demo, and transfer them freely, individually, like any other of their licenses?
It sounds like I would get a download code from NI to be registered with u-he. Is it a code for each individual plugin or a single bundle code? What other license terms should I be aware of. TIA

NI acts as a reseller. When you buy our stuff from them, it's just as if you bought it from any other reseller including ShareIt, which we use for our own webshop. Once the registration code is redeemed, the license is with us, but anything regarding cash transfer, invoice whatsoever is with them. Unlike us, they have a strict "no refunds" policy.

The bundle comes as a single code. It can't be split up before redeeming. Once redeemed, one has individual licenses for each product with us, and each can be transferred after a certain incubation time (no transfers straight away, a fee applies after 6 weeks until 9 months, free transfer after 9 months).

Background: When NI did a sale like this before, the bundle would contain individual codes for each product. That led to individuals and businesses snagging them up and actually making a profit from it. We decided to change this in the current sale.

Does UHE give discount or not anymore at all ?

Return to “u-he”