U-HE Patch Contest: Tyrell N6

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Found something: the envelope looping doesn't work unless the Fall/Rise knob is at its default neutral position. Bug or feature?

Breeze wrote:Found something: the envelope looping doesn't work unless the Fall/Rise knob is at its default neutral position. Bug or feature?
Works here (Mac/Reaper). Anyone else?

Howard wrote:Works here (Mac/Reaper). Anyone else?
EDIT: I think it may be that fall/rise rates slightly higher or lower than 0 take a long time to loop.

I'm trying but to no avail....this newbie needs help....anybody please, please explain to me the signal flow of this synth, also how does the mod matrix work? And how do I change the wave form of the sub-oscillator or is it hard wired?

Regards

Tb4c :help:
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

hakey wrote:I think it may be that fall/rise rates slightly higher or lower than 0 take a long time to loop.
Yep! That was it. I'm on PC BTW. Might be useful to have a visual loop-restart indicator.
Last edited by Breeze on Fri May 13, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TB4C wrote:I'm trying but to no avail....this newbie needs help....anybody please, please explain to me the signal flow of this synth, also how does the mod matrix work? And how do I change the wave form of the sub-oscillator or is it hard wired?
The basic signal flow is based upon a standard subtractive synth paradigm.

Osc1 + 2 + Sub + Noise > Filter > Amp

Add into that that you can stack voices and there's ring mod (switchable between different signals).

The Matrix allows you to send a given amount of a modulation signal, scaled by another modulation signal, to a destination.

There's also Osc1 X-mod - just try it and listen to what the various modes sound like.

The sub oscillator wave shape is fixed.

There is more to Tyrell - probably the best advice if your unsure what your doing is to just twiddle knobs and move sliders around until it sounds good. :wink:

hakey wrote:
Make sure you dl the latest version (1.01) of Tyrell - older versions will shortly revert to demo mode.
What do you mean by demo mode?

Isn't this a free plugin (with no protection)?

Thank you Hakey!!

I guess it is like a tempramental person, have to just fine tune it and dodge the slaps!! Lol
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

hebb wrote:What do you mean by demo mode?

Isn't this a free plugin (with no protection)?
Don't worry, it's freeware.

As I understand it the demo mode behaviour was accidentally included as Urs imported code into Tyrell that was originally developed for other (payware) projects.

Oh, ok.

Thanks for the clarification, didn't know that.

Just found out that you can use the LFOs as "ADS(GateR)" envelopes.

Starting point:
-set LFO waveform to square lo-hi ... or triangle would be just fine.
-set sync to 10 sec. and rate to minimum.
-LFO delay will control the time.
-bipolar target (positive will act like a decaying env and negative will act like an ascending one if you don't mess with the LFO's phase.

The LFO used this way won't be as flexible as an EG but it will sure be usefull.
I guess this is an oldshool trick... but just found it out. :D

Also did a bunch of cool new patches.. will share them durring this competition. :)
Cheers

I just sent my two patches to the e-mail for the contest.
Please, drop me a line here just for to know if you received my patches in the correct e-mail. Thanks for your patience.

I have a doubt.
How goes the voting system?
I mean, now you are receiving a bunch of patches by mail. Then, you will post here all those patches and we should download and vote them? Or how it goes?

Sorry for ask, it's my first patch contest here.
Thank you.

And Good Luck to everybody.

^ Once the deadline for submissions has passed bmrzycki will open a voting thread with a link to a folder containing all of the patches.

Usually we have a 3 vote system - you choose your 3 favourite patches and award them 3,2 and 1 points in order. If we have a high participation (30 or more patches) we may have the option to vote for 5 patches, 5, 4, 3 ,2, 1 points in order. Everyone who enters must vote. :)

The last voting thread may help to explain things:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=316953

Oh, and 1 week to go everybody!

Patch designing being relatively simple with Tyrell I'm thinking that a mini patch bank contest, where everyone submits say 6 patches, might be an idea for the future. Would that appeal to anybody?

Talking about future contests, there's a thread somewhere below the stickies for discussing what next month's theme should be - so if anyone who wants to have their say that's the place to do it.

hakey wrote: Patch designing being relatively simple with Tyrell I'm thinking that a mini patch bank contest, where everyone submits say 6 patches, might be an idea for the future. Would that appeal to anybody?
Yeah, that would be cool.

Return to “u-he”