U-HE Patch Contest: Tyrell N6

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm no sounddesigner but what the heck, I'm in! :)
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

Cool!!! Well were definetly no Rob Lee or Howard Scarr, but at least we tried!! :hihi:
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

pocvecem wrote:Well, now I have to do my own contest first. Made a lot of patches during the last two weeks. Which two are the best to send in ?

And no more bagpipe jokes please. Ok, I play medieval bagpipes not a Highland Pipe. :wink:

In the meantime here is a little track made with nine Tyrells:
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem/hifly-tyrelln6
Beware! Very 80s and a little inspired by Tangerine Dream.

Sounds nice! I like the 80's music. I haven't copyrighted any of my songs with my fairly new Zebra 2.5, so I haven't gone public with any u-he product songs yet. Though you can check out my music at this link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=224436

Ha - I just noticed a bunch of people submitting patches designed the some of the patches I love that "shipped" with Tyrell. Great competition. No sweat picking my patches - I have about 10 and 8 are crud. :

(I had an Oberheim Matrix 6 and if I remember correctly almost all of my patches sounded like bagpipes. My DX7 patches were marimbas. No scoring on originality.)

JoeCat wrote:I had an Oberheim Matrix 6 and if I remember correctly almost all of my patches sounded like bagpipes. My DX7 patches were marimbas.
:hihi:

Howard wrote:
JoeCat wrote:I had an Oberheim Matrix 6 and if I remember correctly almost all of my patches sounded like bagpipes. My DX7 patches were marimbas.
:hihi:
+1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeCat wrote:I had an Oberheim Matrix 6 and if I remember correctly almost all of my patches sounded like bagpipes.
I had a Matrix1000 - not exactly a stellar synth. I only bought it because it was recommended by some guy who wrote a pamphlet that came with my Access Virus. I wonder what ever became of him...?

Last edited by hakey on Sat May 21, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Limeflavour wrote:I'm no sounddesigner but what the heck, I'm in! :)
Yes, just like me!
I'm totally new to kvr and this is my first post and also my first patch contest.
And what can I say - it is fun to turn the knobs!

All the best to everybody!

Great to see some new faces! Welcome to the u-he patch contests! :)

Fingers crossed, but it's shaping up to be a good contest.

hakey wrote:I had a Matrix1000 - not exactly a stellar synth. I only bought it because it was recommended by some guy who wrote a pamphlet that came with my Access Virus. I wonder what ever became of him...?...
1) sorry 2) here! :hihi:

Just sent in my two patches. It was rather hard for me to decide which patches to take. Most of my Tyrell sounds are the bread-and-butter thing.
So on this lazy Sunday morning I decided to make two completely new patches starting from the init-patch.
Hope you enjoy them!
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

pocvecem wrote:Most of my Tyrell sounds are the bread-and-butter thing.
So on this lazy Sunday morning I decided to make two completely new patches starting from the init-patch.
Hope you enjoy them!
Your bank for Tyrell is full of great patches, like your phased stringmachine (a simple but really quite clever idea - that I've since pinched for my own use ;) ), so I'm very much looking forward to hearing what you've come up with - and everyone else!

And I'm Still undecided which of mine to submit...

Thank you, hakey! And I'm very glad that someone finds my sounds useful. Well, let's see, perhaps I'll make a new bank for Tyrell some time.
But for now I need a little timeout from Tyrell after the OSC. Next thing will be a little (but very time consuming) sampling project for Kontakt and finishing some orchestral/medieval/ethnic tracks.
Nevertheless count me in for the next patch competitions!
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

Urs wrote:
hakey wrote:I had a Matrix1000 - not exactly a stellar synth. I only bought it because it was recommended by some guy who wrote a pamphlet that came with my Access Virus. I wonder what ever became of him...?
1) sorry 2) here! :hihi:
Haha. It's also how I ended up finding Zebra and u-he, so not all bad by any means. ;)

I've received presets from the following people so far:

compazz13(2)*, Exhile(1), Matt Bowdler(1)*, R.A.W.(2), Resonator63(2), LeVzi(2), Irion Da Ronin(2)*, Roman Prokofev(2)*, D N A(1), chroma(2), yasoda nandana das(2), rsmus7(2), Breeze(2), TB4C(2), The Unshushable Coktor(2), Limeflavour(2), ramdac(2), pocvecem(2), 3ee(2), DavyAch(2), Julian Ray(2), Vivolator(2), JoeCat(2)

Names with '*' on them were submitted without an associated KVR name so I used the Email address from line to select a suitable name. If you want your name updated to your KVR handle please let me know.

Return to “u-he”