U-HE Patch Contest: Tyrell N6

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This contest is really a very good motivation to start playing with the plugin and learn some sound design. I hope you continue these monthly contests. I had fun on this. Just sent my two patches. Good luck to all.
By the way, it eats CPU like there is no tomorrow. my lappy couldn't handle it hence not gonna submit a song for the OSC contest.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:This contest is really a very good motivation to start playing with the plugin and learn some sound design. I hope you continue these monthly contests. I had fun on this. Just sent my two patches. Good luck to all.
By the way, it eats CPU like there is no tomorrow. my lappy couldn't handle it hence not gonna submit a song for the OSC contest.
If your computer is struggling with CPU, couldn't you bounce the audio to an audio only track & mute the original synth MIDI track to save CPU? Not sure how much that would help (or maybe the synth is running anyway). Or if that doesn't help, you could perhaps move the MIDI data to a MIDI only track (that doesn't trigger anything, to save it for later), and remove the original synth track so it doesn't have to use computer power to run the synth?

Couldn't resist to built two patches for this contest and just sended them via email, just in time..

Good luck to all.

Patches sent and
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
to Urs for Tyrell

edit:
newly found smiley rules

The deadline approaches :-o and I'm still struggling to decide which patches to send...

hakey wrote:
Q. Is there anyway to get a stereo panned output from Tyrell?

A. Yes. 8) (not going to tell you how - that would be too easy! The info is out there, somewhere...)

Okay, I'm officially stumped as to getting the VCA1:Pan option into the Matrix destination slot. Now that the submissions are in, how about enlightening the rest of us?

(It's possible to switch the UI off in Reaper and use the generic faders, but even so I'm still confused as to the actual sliders and settings. I did find a few hidden pan settings below, but why hide this stuff from the user interface?) :?

Am I missing something?

STV

bstageboss wrote:
hakey wrote:Q. Is there anyway to get a stereo panned output from Tyrell?

A. Yes. 8) (not going to tell you how - that would be too easy! The info is out there, somewhere...)
Okay, I'm officially stumped as to getting the VCA1:Pan option into the Matrix destination slot. Now that the submissions are in, how about enlightening the rest of us?
:hihi:

Easiest way is to use a patch that already has VCA1:Pan selected. You could reset all other parameters to default and save as an "Init-Pan" patch.

The more complex method is to open a .h2p patch in Notepad (or similar text editor) and insert VCA1:Pan in the appropriate place (and to find that appropriate place, open a patch in Notepad that has VCA1:Pan already selected and find where it is in the list). The advantage with this method is that you can add Pan to any partially finished patch with a free mod matrix slot.

hakey wrote: Easiest way is to use a patch that already has VCA1:Pan selected. You could reset all other parameters to default and save as an "Init-Pan" patch.
Which is what I did just moments before I read your reply, including the INIT preset creation :hihi:
hakey wrote:
The more complex method is to open a .h2p patch in Notepad (or similar text editor) and insert VCA1:Pan in the appropriate place (and to find that appropriate place, open a patch in Notepad that has VCA1:Pan already selected and find where it is in the list). The advantage with this method is that you can add Pan to any partially finished patch with a free mod matrix slot.
In other words I'll have to use a text editor to use the full capabilities of Tyrell? Okay, not a problem, but I still can't help wondering why that was left off the user interface? :?

Now I'm getting curious; maybe there's a secret delay unit in there as well... :)

STV

bstageboss wrote: In other words I'll have to use a text editor to use the full capabilities of Tyrell? Okay, not a problem, but I still can't help wondering why that was left off the user interface? :?
The reason for that is, the feature set was defined by Amazona's Tyrell design (no panning...), but I had to reuse some of my existing code. All of my other synths have panning options, so while it isn't on the surface, it's still a part of the process. The ModMatrix is the only gateway to it though. Think of it as an easter egg :)

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote: The reason for that is, the feature set was defined by Amazona's Tyrell design (no panning...), but I had to reuse some of my existing code. All of my other synths have panning options, so while it isn't on the surface, it's still a part of the process. The ModMatrix is the only gateway to it though. Think of it as an easter egg :)

Cheers,

;) Urs
Ah, verstehe. Leuchtet ein. Danke für's Erklären und gratuliere übrigens zum Erfolg mit Tyrell!

STV

Where will we be able to download the patches sent for the contest ?

[Solstice] wrote:Where will we be able to download the patches sent for the contest ?
In the voting thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319219

8)

[Solstice] wrote:Where will we be able to download the patches sent for the contest ?
Ooops... I didn't see it !
Thank you !

Breeze wrote:Found something: the envelope looping doesn't work unless the Fall/Rise knob is at its default neutral position. Bug or feature?
What does the FallRise knob do? :help:

Bipolar knob - causes the normally flat SUSTAIN stage to either fall to zero (negative values) or rise to maximum (positive values). Values closer to the centre mean a slower rate.

Return to “u-he”