ZPC#17 - One Finger Chords

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hakey wrote:It's possible draw "chorded" waveforms for a single oscillator chord, though it's a bit fiddly to do with precision and accuracy and, for obvious reasons, only works for perfect intervals.
Yeah.. I noticed that when trying to draw synced waveform.
As this wasn't obvious to me, I also realized that playing around with the synced oscs creates harmonic shifts... or don't know how to call them... so that means you can create chords using the sync function as well ...without touching the tune knob. (this can be very usefull in some situations)

KnotEye wrote:Never made a 1 finger chord. This should prove 'educational'.

Point to more examples in the Presets .... would be appreciated.
This might be useful, for some 3 or 4 sound source chords to to try.
major 0,4,7
minor 0, 3, 7
diminished 0, 3, 6
diminished7th 0,3,6,9
half diminished 0, 3, 6, 10
augmented 0, 4, 8
5th 0, 7
7th 0, 4, 7, 10
minor7th 0, 3, 7, 10
major7th 0, 4, 7, 11
min/maj7th 0, 3, 7, 11
suspended 4th 0, 5, 7
suspended 2nd 0, 2, 7
7th sus 4th 0, 5, 7, 10
7th sus 2nd 0, 2, 7, 10
added 2nd 0, 2, 4, 7
added 9th 0, 4, 7, 14
added 4th 0, 4, 5, 7
6th 0, 4, 7, 9
minor 6th 0, 3, 7, 9
9th 0, 4, 7, 10, 14
minor 9th 0, 3, 7, 10, 14
major 9th 0, 4, 7, 11, 14
I have some chord patch examples in my Zebra Vision soundset, in the folder named "Chords"...it's free here below.

KnotEye wrote:Never made a 1 finger chord. This should prove 'educational'.

Point to more examples in the Presets .... would be appreciated.
I can't point to specific examples - look for patches with major, minor, fourth, fifth, or seventh in the title.

Or try this:

Put three oscillator modules in a column in the grid and tune them:

1) Osc1: 0.00, Osc2: +4.00, Osc3: +7.00. = a major triad

2) Osc1: 0.00, Osc2: +3.00, Osc3: +7.00. = a minor triad

Then add a fourth Osc and tune:

3) Osc1: 0.00, Osc2: +4.00, Osc3: +7.00. Osc4: +11:00 = a major 7th

And there are many, many more possible combinations (see the wiki article bmrzycki linked to).

Also try adding an FMO tuned -12.00 (an octave below) to all of the above and a suitably tuned and modulated VCF at the end of the chain.

EDIT: mc got there before me ;)

NB: whilst patches should be configured so as to play a chord with one key press this does not mean that they have to be monophonic! Duophonic mode might be particularly interesting for this task. ;)

I have an idea in my head, tomorrow i will see if I can pull it off, and if I do i will be in this time to =)

Btw, there's a thread below for suggestions for September's patch contest. So anyone with a good idea, that's the place to put it...

Okay. It is my first patch contest. I am in :)

This one will be fun (as always) :)

Cheers
Dennis

Just a quick word to tell you U-HE KVRers a big THANK YOU because even if I don't enter this contest I already am feeling like a winner. All the tips 'n trick 'n pointers you folks have been posting have really got me digging in and making all kinds of new sounds with the new Zebra2 -- and on my little Zebralette and Filterscape, too!
Thank you URS and u-he team for all the recent updates to the apps & manuals,too ... and "Zebrify" wow! :D

Just over a week to go...

petedako wrote:I will enter this contest
fixed ;)

:shock: OK - i'm gonna ... JUST DO IT! :tu:

petedako wrote:OK - i'm gonna ... JUST DO IT!
That's the spirit.

Anyone else?

Four days is plenty of time to get at least one patch together. ;)

Tip for the very brave: You can even make the chords different PER NOTE by using ModMappers :borg:

Howard wrote:Tip for the very brave: You can even make the chords different PER NOTE by using ModMappers :borg:
Love that trick! I made a preset for ACE some time ago which plays some nice chords on different keys. It always stays in tune. The pitchwheel "switches" between different chords too :)
Even the resonance of the filters is tuned and so on.

That preset won't help me in a ZPC though :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “u-he”