Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

https://vid.me/6HkI

here is a video showing this behaviour that i think should be corrected. as soon as you exit a sub folder, and then come back in, its always at the top of the folder...when you constantly, refreshing and re saving patches it becomes really annoying, to always scroll back down there. and when you are working with midi programs folder, you are working with like a set of 8 patches that are 121-128 etc its annoying. every time you save one of them always have to scroll back to the bottom again....

should be at least a way to have the patch folder automatically start at the most recent edited patch, or make go to the last patch instead of first
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Basically, you're saying that each subfolder should remember which patch was last selected in it, if any?

I'm not sure I'd want that always...

Urs wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Screenshot maybe? :D
That'll destroy the quiet during the holidays. Instead of coding I'd have to answer emails.
ah :( im very eager to see at least a peak how Zebra 2 will look :)

well Merry Christmas and Happy New Year then! :D

EvilDragon wrote:Basically, you're saying that each subfolder should remember which patch was last selected in it, if any?

I'm not sure I'd want that always...
Only if that patch is the currently loaded one.

This is how it used to be. If you click the folder that contains the currently loaded patch, the preset list jumps to a position that shows this patch. The video shows that this isn't the case, so there must be a bug. I'm sure it'll be in our ticket system.

:party: So glad to finally have Z2+DZ, pulled the trigger today (xmas gift 4 myself) this one I'm gonna do a much deeper dive than my other synths :) looking forward to Z3, merry xmas! :)

Indeed, Merry Christmas you Saxon heathens. :D

@Urs: I'm just curious to hear if there are any plans to try to incorporate the potential for feedback loops in future iterations of this beast. =) (There's just a couple patches I've created in Thor, that I'd like to be able to port over, but alas.)

mrj1nx wrote::party: So glad to finally have Z2+DZ, pulled the trigger today (xmas gift 4 myself) this one I'm gonna do a much deeper dive than my other synths :) looking forward to Z3, merry xmas! :)
I learned so much about sound design by pulling all those patches apart. Better than any paid course.

Though it does help to know the terminology for certain things.

I wish a happy new year, full of prosperity for you all!! Anyway, I have a hope and an idea about a randomize function in Zebra3, any future project of U-He and anyone and also probably in the existing maintained products. The function will randomize every possible parameters in the plugins, even for the available micro tuning scales; It would even manipulate the mapping generators and circuit parameters. There will be exception for locked parameters, that will never be modified by randomization, while being locked; for the obvious things that will disable used plugin/turn off sound/manipulate global volume levels and so forth. I suspect that not every goal of my post will be possible to achieve, because some reasons, but I thought that would be not bad, even an smart, wise and interesting idea to mention, due to lack of comfort, usefulness and effectiveness of the randomizing tools in my current DAW. I think that the case is notable, since I've been using such function in one of the most popular DAW and a few of their bundled plugins and most of their synths. In my opinion, the results was phenomenally stunning cause of incredible, uncommon, weird, shocking and beautiful sounds, generated by this method.

That should already be possible by scripted .h2p patches... For any current u-he product. Just not sure if parameter lock state can be queried...

I am really looking forward to Zebra 2.8. I think it will be a great update. West coast + new gui I believe.

EvilDragon wrote:That should already be possible by scripted .h2p patches... For any current u-he product. Just not sure if parameter lock state can be queried...
Hey! I've tried these scripted patches, but unfortunately these did affected locked parameters and that is a misfortune. I appreciate the current solutions, but I will not remain only with them, because it would be a salvation for many people and first of all, for music, art and cultures. And these phenomena are one kind of beauty, goodness and divinity, that can even change the world in the most positive ways. Otherwise I want also a effective randomizing mechanism, that will not produce patches without any sound, caused by any main volume parameters, such as the output one and I don't want to experience a situation, when a patch is stuck in the "randomized loop causing lack of any mutation, evolution, progression and changes", in case when the function will be designed only to do a one kind of randomization, which results will depend on the present or previous parameters in the patch or in the ongoing session. By the way, it would be nice to have two types of randomization like a evolving mutation type or/and even only mutating one and absolutely independent, random in the most possible way, randomization method. In my opinion, it would be much significant as my birthday is for me :clown: :D

Stollmeister wrote:I am really looking forward to Zebra 2.8. I think it will be a great update. West coast + new gui I believe.
Is there any concrete details on the 2.8 update? (I'm so new to u-he stuff I don't know where the info streams are) Oh and now that it's 2017 and Repro-1 is out, is there any news on Z3?? :lol:

coding coding coding...
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

If you're so new to Zebra, keep on discovering. Don't assume new versions will free you from the addiction aka the discovery. Zebra is the most frustratingly satisfying synth as you always find new doors to new dimensions. The better you have discovered what's available, the more you will be prepared for what is to come.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Return to “u-he”