Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
tasmaniandevil
KVRian
555 posts since 22 Mar, 2005 from Germany

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Oh, and one more Z3 feature request: more Undo steps please!

I rarely use the Undo/Redo functionality in any other U-he synths, but Zebra has me hitting the undo button constantly after I realize that where I was 5 minutes sounded better than where I ended up. I've run out of Undo steps a few times already.
Yes, true, might be a good idea to have some more undo steps, I'll add an improvement request ticket to our database.
In the meantime, this is a case where the new "auto versioning" preference comes in handy. If it is enabled, each time you save a preset, it will add a counter number to the preset name. So you can quickly save multiple versions of your preset while tweaking and refining the sound.

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
14271 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:27 pm

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Oh, and one more Z3 feature request: more Undo steps please!

I rarely use the Undo/Redo functionality in any other U-he synths, but Zebra has me hitting the undo button constantly after I realize that where I was 5 minutes sounded better than where I ended up. I've run out of Undo steps a few times already.
Yes, true, might be a good idea to have some more undo steps, I'll add an improvement request ticket to our database.
In the meantime, this is a case where the new "auto versioning" preference comes in handy. If it is enabled, each time you save a preset, it will add a counter number to the preset name. So you can quickly save multiple versions of your preset while tweaking and refining the sound.
One of the things I have wanted for Zebra is a snapshot function as part of the X/Y pads. So I can save 4 or 8 variations of the X/Y pad states as part of the preset. That would make the X/Y pads more useful and also be capable as a kind of auto-versioning too.

User avatar
clangorous
KVRist
262 posts since 13 Nov, 2013 from Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:17 pm

pdxindy wrote:
One of the things I have wanted for Zebra is a snapshot function as part of the X/Y pads. So I can save 4 or 8 variations of the X/Y pad states as part of the preset. That would make the X/Y pads more useful and also be capable as a kind of auto-versioning too.
This would be a nice feature for designing sounds!

DrFolder
KVRist
83 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:26 pm

clangorous wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
One of the things I have wanted for Zebra is a snapshot function as part of the X/Y pads. So I can save 4 or 8 variations of the X/Y pad states as part of the preset. That would make the X/Y pads more useful and also be capable as a kind of auto-versioning too.
This would be a nice feature for designing sounds!
+1 :)

kokotte
KVRian
698 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 pm

DrFolder wrote:
clangorous wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
One of the things I have wanted for Zebra is a snapshot function as part of the X/Y pads. So I can save 4 or 8 variations of the X/Y pad states as part of the preset. That would make the X/Y pads more useful and also be capable as a kind of auto-versioning too.
This would be a nice feature for designing sounds!
+1 :)
+2

User avatar
mrj1nx
KVRist
329 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 am

So, a question for Urs (I don't remember if this has been discussed already), I got to thinking after playing a bit with Repro, the filter is just amazing sounding. So I got to thinking about Z3 and what kind of filters we might find in there. Zebra 2 obviously has quite a lot of them. Do you want to say anything about the plan for filters in Zebra 3? And will they build on what you learned with Repro?

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22769 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 am

mrj1nx wrote:So, a question for Urs (I don't remember if this has been discussed already), I got to thinking after playing a bit with Repro, the filter is just amazing sounding. So I got to thinking about Z3 and what kind of filters we might find in there. Zebra 2 obviously has quite a lot of them. Do you want to say anything about the plan for filters in Zebra 3? And will they build on what you learned with Repro?
We'll have a bit of a variety, but in a more organized scheme. We're planning a matrix where each row represents a filter topology and modeling method and each column represents the different filter types (LP/BP/HP...).

Repro's filters are of course way to CPU intensive for stereo operation. But that's also because of the extreme audio rate modulation - which isn't a necessity for Zebra. I've done a different topology (SEM) with the same method for Z3, and it seems quite fine.

I'm toying with the idea of adding indicators for CPU usage, and maybe enabling certain CPU intensive features by a button.

User avatar
spacepluk
KVRist
47 posts since 23 Apr, 2006 from Tel Aviv

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:56 am

Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)
Are there any plans to include it in Zebra 3 or maybe Diva?

Augren
KVRian
1181 posts since 8 May, 2003 from Munich

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:01 am

Urs wrote: Repro's filters are of course way to CPU intensive for stereo operation. But that's also because of the extreme audio rate modulation - which isn't a necessity for Zebra. I've done a different topology (SEM) with the same method for Z3, and it seems quite fine.

I'm toying with the idea of adding indicators for CPU usage, and maybe enabling certain CPU intensive features by a button.
Please do. Making processing power available is much more affordable in time and money than the alternatives to get comparable sound, when that particular level of sound quality is the objective.

Having certain insane features (in terms of quality and resource-hunger) on a toggle might be a challenge for you on the marketing side (lots of people will not understand and consequently complain because they don't hear the difference and will just see the cpu load), but would allow for such awesome results that I for one will be happy to adjust my workflow around it (previewing in normal quality, recording in insane quality, freezing, whatnot - with outboard filters and other gear you do that anyway, and there you don't get per voice treatment).

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22769 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:46 am

spacepluk wrote:Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)
We're working on a separate fx plug-in...
Are there any plans to include it in Zebra 3 or maybe Diva?
Maybe.

User avatar
spacepluk
KVRist
47 posts since 23 Apr, 2006 from Tel Aviv

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 am

YES! :hyper:

Razzia
KVRist
143 posts since 21 May, 2016

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:38 am

Urs wrote:
spacepluk wrote:Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)
We're working on a separate fx plug-in...
Are there any plans to include it in Zebra 3 or maybe Diva?
Maybe.
I swear i will buy practically any repro/bazille/diva fx module or filter as an insert effect. Please take my money Urs.

User avatar
Sound Author
KVRian
598 posts since 8 Mar, 2008 from Crestview, Florida

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Urs wrote:
spacepluk wrote:Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)
We're working on a separate fx plug-in.
Yes please and thank you! :hyper:

User avatar
kj.metissage
KVRist
271 posts since 20 Feb, 2014 from Paris - FRANCE

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 am

Is Velvet also going to be its own effect plugin ?

PS : Sorry that's in Repro, but still.
PS2 : Yes, I own Satin.

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17193 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 am

Velvet IS Satin. A cut-back version. So in essence, you already have it.

Return to “u-he”