Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
PieBerger
KVRist
63 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:33 am

So I'm looking into buying a Zebra license again (had to sell mine a couple of years ago for financial reasons, a blasphemous act that I am ashamed to admit in the u-he sub of all places, I should have just sold my body or a kidney instead right? :lol:) and I want to know if I would still be eligible for the upgrade discount, if I were to buy a $199 full retail license from a third-party such as JRR Shop, thanks!
Always Read the Manual!

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17064 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Zebra3 Info

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:39 am

Yes.

dlarseninclusive
KVRist
254 posts since 19 Nov, 2017 from Los Angeles

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 am

PieBerger wrote:So I'm looking into buying a Zebra license again (had to sell mine a couple of years ago for financial reasons, a blasphemous act that I am ashamed to admit in the u-he sub of all places, I should have just sold my body or a kidney instead right? :lol:) and I want to know if I would still be eligible for the upgrade discount, if I were to buy a $199 full retail license from a third-party such as JRR Shop, thanks!
The $50 off cross grade is still available too. FYI

http://www.u-he.com/cms/zebra2-dinosaur-crossgrade

mduke123
KVRer
2 posts since 30 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:29 am

I could not wait. I needed something different for my sound palet. I bought another synth plugin.

Honestly I don´t think Zebra 3 is going to happen and Zebra 2 for me is over priced for being such an old plugin, even if the sound you can make with it is so deep I still miss things that I found in another synths: Icarus, Thorn, Falcon, Omnisphere, even Synthmaster you can import wave tables or create new ones from wav files.

If I see Zebra 3 happens I will compare it with other synths over 200. For now I ran out of cash.

PieBerger
KVRist
63 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:46 am

dlarseninclusive wrote:
PieBerger wrote:So I'm looking into buying a Zebra license again (had to sell mine a couple of years ago for financial reasons, a blasphemous act that I am ashamed to admit in the u-he sub of all places, I should have just sold my body or a kidney instead right? :lol:) and I want to know if I would still be eligible for the upgrade discount, if I were to buy a $199 full retail license from a third-party such as JRR Shop, thanks!
The $50 off cross grade is still available too. FYI

http://www.u-he.com/cms/zebra2-dinosaur-crossgrade

Thanks, all I need now is a dinosaur to retire :)

I actually ordered RePro instead, so my urges have been suppressed...for now
Always Read the Manual!

spunkmuffin
KVRian
696 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 am

PieBerger wrote:Thanks, all I need now is a dinosaur to retire :)
Just send in a picture of your pet monkey.

:cry:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

RobGee
KVRist
138 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Urs, apologies if this has already been asked/covered but I did a search and the results where 9+ pages long.

Are there any plans to add a more analogue enevelope behaviour for monophonic sounds as it is in Diva/Repro? Where the attack level continues from where the release level left off.

Currently when set to monophonic the only option is retrigger which always starts the attack phase of the envelope from zero, unless I'm missing something and there's another way to do it?

Looking forward to Zebra 3... :tu:

EvilDragon
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Use the "legato" mono mode?

Howard
KVRAF
3641 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:27 am

RobGee wrote:Currently when set to monophonic the only option is retrigger which always starts the attack phase of the envelope from zero, unless I'm missing something and there's another way to do it?
Legato kind of does what you want, but Z3 will also have "singing envelopes" AFAIK.

RobGee
KVRist

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:40 am

Thanks for the responses guys but legato is no good for me, once the key is released and hit again the attack level starts from zero and not from where the level of the release left off.

Hopefully in the future they add a mono mode to go alongside the retrigger and legato modes.

EvilDragon
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:49 am

Retrigger and Legato ARE mono modes. But you already got the answer from Howie, Z3 will have singing envelopes (from ACE), which do what you want.

RobGee
KVRist

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 am

The retrigger and legato modes in Zebra do not work the way in which the mono mode works within Diva (which is what I originally asked).

It would be good if the mono mode from Diva could be added to Zebra alongside the current retrigger and legato modes (if this is possible) as it would give more options.

Anyway by the sounds of things this is being added. :D

Howard
KVRAF
3641 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 am

EvilDragon wrote:Retrigger and Legato ARE mono modes. But you already got the answer from Howie, Z3 will have singing envelopes (from ACE), which do what you want.
FYI that ACE option originated in Diva :-) and we called the feature "singing envelope" even then.

EvilDragon
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:07 am

Got my dates mixed up :D

EvilDragon
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:07 am

RobGee wrote:Anyway by the sounds of things this is being added. :D