Public Beta3: Absoluhtely Everything

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dnzp wrote:Thanks for the extras added onto zebra/zebrahz...wasn't expecting that!

hi what extras?

rsp

I've just tried the latest Zebra Beta. It's all good, but I have a question.
In the XY assignments panel midilearn doesn't respond to cc1 (modulation) as it did in previous Zebra versions. Is this by design?

zvenx wrote:
Dnzp wrote:Thanks for the extras added onto zebra/zebrahz...wasn't expecting that!

hi what extras?

rsp

Perhaps nothing monumental, but I'm easy to please :)

There are now a total of 4 modmappers and 4 modmixers, as well as the ability to use XMF filter in the FX grid.

(edited to add quote)
Last edited by Dnzp on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dnzp wrote:Perhaps nothing monumental, but I'm easy to please :)

There are now a total of 4 modmappers and 4 modmixers, as well as the ability to use XMF filter in the FX grid.
ahh didn't notice that.
thanks
rsp

JeeTee wrote:I've just tried the latest Zebra Beta. It's all good, but I have a question.
In the XY assignments panel midilearn doesn't respond to cc1 (modulation) as it did in previous Zebra versions. Is this by design?
Yes, it's the most common source of accidental MIDI Learns.

So for as long as we still don't have a spreadsheet-view to let everyone edit their assignments, I thought it would be good to leave that out. Usually one can use ModWheel as a modulation source anyway...

Dnzp wrote:I wanted to mention that every time I close/reopen zebra2 or zebrahz in Logic that the GUI does something funky. For a split second after the window opens, modmappers 1-4 can be seen in the modulators pane, laying on top of what is supposed to be there for that patch.
Yes, that's normal. It's a bit of a chicken and egg dilemma. The Grid is responsible for making sure that modules are visible or not. It needs the Rack to be present in order to do so. But then the Rack has had to be created without knowledge of what the Grid would have decided. So the Rack starts full on and reacts on the information later. And so on.

I'm sure one could refactor these responsibilities and un-chicken it, but d'oh... it works and it even has a funky glitch :oops:

Urs wrote:Yes, that's normal. It's a bit of a chicken and egg dilemma. The Grid is responsible for making sure that modules are visible or not. It needs the Rack to be present in order to do so. But then the Rack has had to be created without knowledge of what the Grid would have decided. So the Rack starts full on and reacts on the information later. And so on.

I'm sure one could refactor these responsibilities and un-chicken it, but d'oh... it works and it even has a funky glitch :oops:
Right on! Glad to know it's normal behavior, except now I'm hungry! LoL

Urs wrote:
JeeTee wrote:I've just tried the latest Zebra Beta. It's all good, but I have a question.

So for as long as we still don't have a spreadsheet-view to let everyone edit their assignments, I thought it would be good to leave that out. Usually one can use ModWheel as a modulation source anyway...
Ah! OK - that makes a lot of sense. I have 8 preassigned controllers that I use for orchestral samples, which perfectly map to Zebra's XY controllers. Unfortunately one of them is cc1... :)

Dnzp wrote:
Right on! Glad to know it's normal behavior, except now I'm hungry! LoL
Chicken? :hihi: 8)

Fritze wrote: Chicken? :hihi: 8)

Provisions are in short supply, so I had to settle for a piece of toast and a 5 hour energy drink :lol:

Suloo wrote:hm..unlucky for me then. :cry: :D well, i just don't resize then..
Oh! Are you sure that the prob is with VST3 on your end? Because I just found out that I have it here with VST2. 64bit Cubase on MAC that is.

JeeTee wrote:
Urs wrote:

Ah! OK - that makes a lot of sense. I have 8 preassigned controllers that I use for orchestral samples, which perfectly map to Zebra's XY controllers. Unfortunately one of them is cc1... :)

You should be able to do it by setting up the X/Y that would be CC#1 to some other CC# and then editing the midi assignments file to CC#1

Fritze wrote:
Suloo wrote:hm..unlucky for me then. :cry: :D well, i just don't resize then..
Oh! Are you sure that the prob is with VST3 on your end? Because I just found out that I have it here with VST2. 64bit Cubase on MAC that is.

yes, with the little three lines before the plugin in the menu indicating the vst3 version. Perhaps its related to automap, but i didn't automap the vst3 version, just the vst2.
can test at the weekend without automap.

pdxindy wrote:
JeeTee wrote:
Urs wrote:

You should be able to do it by setting up the X/Y that would be CC#1 to some other CC# and then editing the midi assignments file to CC#1
That's a great suggestion! Thanks so much. :D

Urs,
The good news is that my support thing was updated, so I could update my Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ (Rev. 1459), and the GUI works again. The bad news: I played my song back in Cubase LE4, with Mac OSX 10.6.8, the song played fine for a few minutes, and then the pitch went crazy like it is in a demo mode or something. This is better than 2 days ago, but still much worse than what I originally downloaded on February 25th, 2013. What do I do now? Can I go back to that older version? If so, how do I do that?

Edit: see the post 45 minutes later........
Last edited by aaron aardvark on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “u-he”