VST3 - known issues (Updated Jan 2019)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tappistry wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 am Which synths are essentially safe to go with VST3?
There is a VST3 readme included in most of the installers.
And if a plugin still has the old VST3 included, the VST3 option is unchecked in the installer (with another hint to read the VST3 readme).

Already save to use with VST3 are the following plugins:

Synths:

Diva 1.4.3
Hive 1.2 (coming soon)
Repro
Zebra 2.8

Effects (the most current release versions):

Satin
Presswerk
Colour Copy
Twangström (the public beta)
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 am
Tappistry wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 am Which synths are essentially safe to go with VST3?
There is a VST3 readme included in most of the installers.
And if a plugin still has the old VST3 included, the VST3 option is unchecked in the installer (with another hint to read the VST3 readme).

Already save to use with VST3 are the following plugins:

Synths:

Diva 1.4.3
Hive 1.2 (coming soon)
Repro
Zebra 2.8

Effects (the most current release versions):

Satin
Presswerk
Colour Copy
Twangström (the public beta)
Many thanks. :tu:

Just learned the hard way that MIDI Learn doesn't work in the VST3 version of Hive.

There's a read me file that gets installed alongside any u-he plugin that outlines known limitations of VST3 implementation, though. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 am There's a read me file that gets installed alongside any u-he plugin that outlines known limitations of VST3 implementation, though. :)
Should have read it. :)

Also, switching the CTRL A/B to anything else than Breath Control and Expression does not work atm.

We'll be onto this shortly...

Updated first post to reflect latest developments and compatibility info

Been having a whole bunch of probs with Zebra latest VST3 on Mac OSX high sierra. I'm using this in the latest ableton beta which includes vst3 support so maybe it's Ableton's fault?

Anyway some of the things happening while flipping through the onboard presets (local) and I'm using arrows to go down the presets and using computer keys to trigger them: Some presets don't make any sounds or sound off (like kickoff which makes horrible noise), sometimes while going on a preset with the arrow, the gui changes to another tab (from presets to synthesis) momentarily. Just going up and down with the keyboard arrow does this sometimes. A bit random I must say.

So could this be just an Ableton beta issue? If so, then I will just report it on the ableton centercode thingy.

Thanks

Pat
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Are these features of Live public knowledge? Afaik I'm bound to an NDA.

But yes, I assume it's their issue, most likely, and you should report to them.

hi URS,

No, the beta from Live is public knowledge. It's the 10.1 update.

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/live-10 ... -upgrades/

Ok I will send them a msg on centercode.

Thanks
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Now that it's 2 years since, how are things VST2 vs VST3 wise in u-he land?

I am just starting to install and setup the synths/fx plugins I bought, and wondering which of the two I should rely on and which I should hide in my list?
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Wav5C Electric Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
whitepianos.blogspot.com

puremusic wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:05 am Now that it's 2 years since, how are things VST2 vs VST3 wise in u-he land?

I am just starting to install and setup the synths/fx plugins I bought, and wondering which of the two I should rely on and which I should hide in my list?
Everything we've released or updated in the past two years is fine. Some stuff which has last been updated 2015 (revision 3898 or similar) still suffers from issues. So that's MFM, Filterscape, Uhbik 1.x and some free/magware. Uhbik 2.x is my new focus, but MFM and Filterscape are scheduled for facelifts/proper updates as well, hopefully in the coming months (we have not worked out the priorities for this year apart from Uhbik, Hive 2.1 and Wiretap).

Urs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:31 pm
puremusic wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:05 am Now that it's 2 years since, how are things VST2 vs VST3 wise in u-he land?

Everything we've released or updated in the past two years is fine. Some stuff which has last been updated 2015 (revision 3898 or similar) still suffers from issues. So that's MFM, Filterscape, Uhbik 1.x and some free/magware. Uhbik 2.x is my new focus, but MFM and Filterscape are scheduled for facelifts/proper updates as well, hopefully in the coming months (we have not worked out the priorities for this year apart from Uhbik, Hive 2.1 and Wiretap).
Hi Urs would it be possible to release a seperate fx version of Hive or Dark Zebra like you did with Zebra.. absolutely love the reverb in Hive and would love to use that reverb separately with Bazille as the Spring Verb does not suit all the sounds I am intending to do with Bazille

surreal wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:44 pmHi Urs would it be possible to release a seperate fx version of Hive or Dark Zebra like you did with Zebra.. absolutely love the reverb in Hive and would love to use that reverb separately with Bazille as the Spring Verb does not suit all the sounds I am intending to do with Bazille
As I said, Hive's reverb is in Zebra's FX-version.

We have no immediate plans to release more effects, our current focus is on existing products and major upgrades.

Urs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:03 pm
surreal wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:44 pmHi Urs would it be possible to release a seperate fx version of Hive or Dark Zebra like you did with Zebra.. absolutely love the reverb in Hive and would love to use that reverb separately with Bazille as the Spring Verb does not suit all the sounds I am intending to do with Bazille
As I said, Hive's reverb is in Zebra's FX-version.

We have no immediate plans to release more effects, our current focus is on existing products and major upgrades.
Just read it Thank you Urs.. looking forward to the Hive 2.1 update and Zebra3 when it is released!

Return to “u-he”