Bazille - tips & tricks

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Howard wrote:Anybody already played around with filtered envelopes?
Why,..yes...after you mention it...I did...and it's veddy nice

lectrixboogaloo wrote: Fairly well known modular trick attempting to derive triangles and sines (with filtering) from a saw based osc is to (try to) do a sort of analog version of waveform sequencing of saws and ramps (i.e. negative and positive going saws). Unfortunately, at the point where you try to 'glue' them together into a triangle by matching the phase just so... there is always some bit of a spike/glitch (so it's left in or filtered out or whatever). Modulating this point causes the waveform to move from saw to glitchy triangle to ramp. When there is sawtooth 'pwm' on an analog module, it is often this version. The spike in bazille is prominent when I tried it, but it sounds ok when modulated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1s9wdfod6ud4 ... igital.h2p

An insipid version of this effect using a digital synth method included on Out 2.

(of course, patches not meant to sound amazing. just tips and tricks that work in Bazille)
Dance, waveforms, dance! :lol:

You'll be a triangle wave and you'll LIKE IT!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Assign a midi controller if you have one to controls in Bazille such as the FM Mod amount and filter & resonance etc, or any part you are working on.

The reason is using the mouse moves in .50 steps and the modwheel in 1. Using shift can take an age to get from one place to the next, but using a midi controller gives you all kinds of odd values. It's less precise but it's very quick and can land you in interesting places.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

"New" and simple PWM method:

Pass an OSC through a 1.00 valued Quantizer.

OSC settings: Volume to 50 (or 50.01 if 50 doesn't work), wave to Impulse and PD to 50.

Now modulate the PD (max +|- 50 amount) for your PWM

If you try different waves, make sure you finetune the OSC volume. but before that, try the fractal resonance! ;)

Already got that one in the Tips & Tricks chapter, 3ee. It's a goodie, though :-)

I frequently run out of multiples... one thing I do to preserve a multiple is if I want to just simply combine 2 signals (say velocity and aftertouch) is use Filter 3 or 4 as they have 2 inputs so they can be used to add the signals together.

I hesitated to post this as it's such a, well…Modular 101 kinda thing. But I was playing around with the Gain control on a filter and listening to the way it affects the resonance, and wishing that I could modulate the gain control. Then thought just a little further and tried modulating the volume output on the oscillator feeding into the filter. And voila - this affects the resonance exactly the same.

Hey guys I can't figure out how to modulate fx parameters. Am I missing something or can it not be done? I want to modulate the phase of the phaser by an lfo or modwheel or something but there's no cable plugs. Am I missing a matrix or something?

tommyfrizz wrote:Hey guys I can't figure out how to modulate fx parameters. Am I missing something or can it not be done? I want to modulate the phase of the phaser by an lfo or modwheel or something but there's no cable plugs. Am I missing a matrix or something?
There is currently no FX modulation...

Gotcha. Thanks

pdxindy wrote: There is currently no FX modulation...
MIDILEARN function is here _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Been playing with bazille a while and I have another stupid but infinite tip...

Dig up crusty old synth tips, any old synth tips from Transoniq Hacker or Sound on Sound or whatever old junk in cobwebbed archives. Bazille is well thought out. You can probably find a way to make them work.

(ok, some sampler synth specific stuff might not but in some cases, maybe...)

Just discovered an important tip, not sure if it was posted before but it's very simple and kinda blindly obvious.

If you got used/dependent to working with KB tracked volume on operators, like in "normal" FM, but find it rather boring/difficult to patch within Bazille, here's the solution: LAG generators

Simply patch your modulator(s) through a 0.10 to 0.20 or similar, relatively small value (same values on both Attack and Release to preserve waveform symmetry) LAG gen, then out to the carrier from there. :tu:

As a side-effect, modulation on the modulator's pitch (or anything having to do with pitch, like fractal resonance for example) will also be smoother. i.e. the higher the pitch, the lower the modulation sent to the carrier and vice-verso.

^yeah, like simple LP filters :-)

Return to “u-he”