Speaking about fm possibilities in Bazilie.

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

chilly7 wrote:Never say never!
In this case, it really is never. Drop it already.

chilly7, I'm surprised you haven't asked Urs to add a spellchecker to Bazille.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:chilly7, I'm surprised you haven't asked Urs to add a spellchecker to Bazille.
Great idea. Bazzzilie should do awrything!!! :wheee:

Karten wrote:chilly7, I'm surprised you haven't asked Urs to add a spellchecker to Bazille.

Hahah! :lol:

Touché!

Come on guys.

We're all OK with the odd cheeky remark or two. But making fun of someone's spelling, especially when it's evidently a foreign language to him... that's really a cheap shot.
I'd like to think you're better than that. :tu:

Better give him explicit (not as in "swearing"! :ud: ) advice on how to (mis-) use what Bazille already offers to achieve what he's after. That would be way more productive and the "community spirit".
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

chilly7 wrote:
Urs wrote:You can use the Mapping Generators as envelopes, e.g. by tracking a Ramp
I see, but how many of them are? Are there at list 8 of them?
So i can use 1 for amp, 1 for pitch for each of 4 oscilators...
You are stuck on a specific linear number. You see 4 envelopes. But 1 envelope in Bazille can have multiple envelope shapes.

You can use Env 1 to control parameter A. You can use Env 1 multiplied by itself to control parameter B. You can send Env 1 through the quantizer and control parameter C. So is that one envelope? or is it two? or three?

If you examine many FM8 presets, they mostly do not even use all the envelopes, or use the same/similar ones copied.

Theory and practice are different. 1 Bazille Osc is quite complex by itself and you would need more than 1 FM8 osc to do the same sound. Add in all the modulation possibilities of the Ramps, Mappers, Sequencer, Lag, Rectifier, Quantizer etc modules and then the 4 filters and in practice Bazille has less actual limitation than you are concerned about. It just may need a different route to get to the same place. There is a vast FM landscape waiting to be explored.

Dig into Bazille for a while, and if you can show some actual limitation (not just a theoretical limit) and suggest an improvement that fits the Bazille concept, that will likely be well received.

#rob wrote:Come on guys.

We're all OK with the odd cheeky remark or two. But making fun of someone's spelling, especially when it's evidently a foreign language to him... that's really a cheap shot.
Rob, chilly7 can write much better English and admitted in another thread deliberately spelling words the wrong way.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:

Rob, chilly7 can write fine English and admitted in another thread deliberately spelling words the wrong way. Check some of his past posts and you'll see for yourself.
True, unfortunately. He justified it with some tosh about linguistics and language comprehension, but it is deliberate.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I'd ban him just because he's doing it on purpose if it were my own forum. :D

#rob wrote:explicit (not as in "swearing"! :ud: ) advice on how to (mis-) use what Bazille already offers
I feel like talking about plugging into any available socket every possible way is bound to be a little explicit.
Urs wrote:Check it out - in by far most DX-7 sounds all envelopes look a fair bit alike. The sound designer would have set up one envelope, and copied its settings to the other envelopes.
So true. Often the envelopes aren't exactly the same, but are clearly relatable. On a DX-7 this is all done descriptively, only by directly manipulating each envelope's parameters. In Bazille it's possible to do this functionally, generating a logically derived series of envelopes. I'm somehow thrilled at how tangible an example this feels like of a motif seen in any formal logic/programming context.

But (or maybe 'Of course'), beyond that it's also extremely practical. For example, a quick, transient-length envelope can become one with a more gradual decay, fed through a lag processor. In this case, parameter tweaks on the source - rates, velocity/key scaling, etc. - propagate to the whole set of derived shapes. It's only two elements here, but still interesting and useful - the modularity is really nice for being efficient, and maybe better for being expressive.

Hei chilly,
Can you give us an idea, an approximation if you will, with some sound examples here, of the limits you have encountered in Bazille and describe the next level you would like to achieve? Or better, something with FM8.
Maybe, you are getting lost thinking NI's way...

Bazille is interdimensional. Start fresh!!!
It doesn't matter how many time you are hitting the wall. Keep going til you hit the Door! :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Frantz wrote:
Great idea. Bazzzilie should do awrything!!! :wheee:
They better speak my native language!!! :clap:
https://слово-божье.рф

pdxindy wrote:

Dig into Bazille for a while, and if you can show some actual limitation (not just a theoretical limit) and suggest an improvement that fits the Bazille concept, that will likely be well received.
I will catch u on that word!!! :tu:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Karten wrote:

Rob, chilly7 can write fine English and admitted in another thread deliberately spelling words the wrong way. Check some of his past posts and you'll see for yourself.
True, unfortunately. He justified it with some tosh about linguistics and language comprehension, but it is deliberate.
whyterabbyt wrote:
Karten wrote:

unfirtionaly guys i do not know seo real Ænglisc sprǣc. So i write seo way it writes...
Atlist i can speak and write my own словҍ́ньскıй(рꙋ́ський) ѩ̓ꙁы́кz.
I wish i knew seo real Ænglisc sprǣc so i could spraec and write totaly corectly in Ænglisc but in this life i can do only one thing perfectly and it will be my music on my native language, fram me!
Last edited by chilly7 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

liquidsound wrote:Hei chilly,
Can you give us an idea, an approximation if you will, with some sound examples here, of the limits you have encountered in Bazille and describe the next level you would like to achieve? Or better, something with FM8.
Maybe, you are getting lost thinking NI's way...

Bazille is interdimensional. Start fresh!!!
It doesn't matter how many time you are hitting the wall. Keep going til you hit the Door! :wink:
Hello liquidsound.
I was speaking here just about theoretical limits of not having custom drawable envelops for amplitude and pitch; and even probably lfo and etc.
I wanted that they fix this problem befor somone hit the brick wall or theoretical limits will come real life limits!!!

P.s.
I am currently working on my first sang, i already route lyrics and working on music and then recording and i will tell anybody if i come to limits in my particular sang fram me.

Return to “u-he”