Podolski for Linux (rev 2758)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had the same problem as detailed above but the fix posted worked for me.

The synth sounds amazing, I really love it. Filters sound very juicy and some of the bass you can create is so full and deep. I really don't know what else to say, I haven't explored it very much past the presets yet but I'm blown away by it and really quite speechless about both the synth and the fact that I am using a u-he synth natively in linux!

One thing I did notice was the UI seemed a bit slow to react to thing, like changing presets and choosing different filters etc takes a second or two for it to react.
linux

Greetings,

A quick note of thanks to Urs and abique for making this happen. I'd enthuse more but I want to get back to playing with Podolski. :)

Rocking good news !

Best,

dp

Newbie question...

When I double click on "install.sh script" it open the file on gedit.

And when i try to open in the terminal (I click and drag the "install.sh script" to the terminal get the right location, really a linux newbie here, that is how I install the AMD drivers) it says the "there is no file or directory" (or something like, I am translation from Portuguese).

Ubuntu 14.04 64bits

What should I do.

Thanks.

pc999 wrote: When I double click on "install.sh script" it open the file on gedit.

And when i try to open in the terminal (I click and drag the "install.sh script" to the terminal get the right location, really a linux newbie here, that is how I install the AMD drivers) it says the "there is no file or directory" (or something like, I am translation from Portuguese).

Ubuntu 14.04 64bits

What should I do.

Thanks.
You just want to run the install.sh by itself. Open a terminal and enter the directory where install.sh is located, then enter this command at the prompt:

Code: Select all

./install.sh
The ./ is necessary, don't omit it.

Let us know if that doesn't work, we'll get it sorted out.

Best,

dp

Greetings,

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote:
pc999 wrote: When I double click on "install.sh script" it open the file on gedit.

Ubuntu 14.04 64bits

What should I do.

Thanks.
You just want to run the install.sh by itself. Open a terminal and enter the directory where install.sh is located, then enter this command at the prompt:

./install.sh
The ./ is necessary, don't omit it.

Let us know if that doesn't work, we'll get it sorted out.

Best,

dp
Thanks

This is what I get

pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ '/home/pc_fire_beats/Transferências/Podolski-2746/install.sh' ./install.sh
wrong argument ./install.sh
usage: ./install.sh <options>...
  --quiet            agree the license and install without asking questions
  --vstdir=<path>    specify the vst directory. Default: /home/pc_fire_beats/.vst/u-he
pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ 
pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ --quiet
--quiet: comando não encontrado
pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ ^C
pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ --vstdir=<'/home/pc_fire_beats' >
bash: erro de sintaxe próximo do `token' não esperado `newline'
pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ 

Urs & abique-

Thanks for the work!! I just installed and have it working on Ubuntu/Bitwig. It's awesome. Keep it up- I have money to spend on you guys and your stuff!
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

pc999 wrote:
This is what I get

pc_fire_beats@pcfirebeats:~$ '/home/pc_fire_beats/Transferências/Podolski-2746/install.sh' ./install.sh
Right, all that stuff in quotes - '/home/pc_fire_beats/Transferências/Podolski-2746/install.sh' - shouldn't be there. But it does tell me what you can do next. Open a terminal and enter this command:

cd /home/pc_fire_beats/Transferências/Podolski-2746/
Then enter :

./install.sh
And let's see what happens.

Best,

dp

pc999 wrote:Newbie question...

When I double click on "install.sh script" it open the file on gedit.

Ubuntu 14.04 64bits

What should I do.

Thanks.
Hi pc999,
You should follow StudioDave adivces to install Podolski.
Meanwhile I'm going to improve the installer so it'll also work in the way you tried ;-)
Cheers.

I renamed the extracted folder to Podolski,
and ran the script with

bash install.sh

When inserting the new .so into the original Podolski folder,
and running the script, the output suggests the script
isn't being perfectly followed.
So I recorded a few bars using :evil: reaper :evil: and :drunk: wine :drunk:
until the mobetta perfection arrives. (And I have been known to defeat perfection
bare handed and whistling :( )

Hi glokraw,
Can you copy/paste the output of the script please?
Thanks!

Edit: About your post http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5869754 we had the discussion with Urs about doing the installation in /usr as a package or doing an installer. Doing a package would require us to build it for .deb, .rpm, .pkg.tar.gz (arch), ... Having an installer seemed easier.

Anyway if everybody want packages rather than installer, we can do something.

With the new .so file in the Podolski folder, I run the script,
and this is the output:

# bash install.sh
cat: Podolski/license.txt: No such file or directory

Do you agree the license's terms? [y/n]y
cp: cannot stat ‘Podolski’: No such file or directory

Podolski's data has been installed to /root/.u-he/Podolski
The VST has been installed to /root/.vst/u-he/Podolski.so

Have fun with Podolski and thank you for installing u-he software!

The link in .u-he/Podolski points to .vst/u-he, which is empty
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I

You should not install vst as root.
Do you have your own user on your computer?
If no, I recommend you to create one, and if yes, just open a terminal and run the following commands:

cd /tmp
wget http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.netdna-cdn.com/penguin/Podolski-2746.tar.gz
tar xvzf Podolski-2746.tar.gz
cd Podolski-2746
./install.sh
wget http://195.154.86.34:4242/Podolski.so -O $HOME/.u-he/Podolski/Podolski.so
cd $HOME
rm -rf /tmp/Podolski-2746.tar.gz /tmp/Podolski-2746

That was in Puppy Studio1337, I jumped over there to record some things.
The whole Puppy shebang is configured as root,
quite different from traditions, but a highly efficient RT setup.

Anyway, earlier, I had the same situation and result as described,
as the normal user in a debian based bitwig 1.13 setup, where all other
native vsts work. Also the same in Fedora 20, bitwig 1.08
Cheers

Abique, sent you PM with errors message, and kernel/system spec.
Thanks for working through this!

Return to “u-he”