Podolski for Linux (rev 2758)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will try to install this on my Raspberry Pi once I`m done with the pitch for the TV series...

Exciting...

Hi wonshu,

As far as you managed to replace the ARM CPU by an Intel one, it should work.
Otherwise you can still use an x86_64 emulator 8-)
Last edited by abique on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

oops... you`re right... damn hardware

*blush*

:x Allright, Jenkins, we know you're in there, come out with your hands up :x

:hihi:

Finally was able to give this a try on latest Linux Mint Mate:
Clicking the installer just flashed the terminal for a second but didn't do anything else.
Running 2746 manually from the terminal worked, showed the copyright screen and installed correctly, but didn't work in Bitwig Studio at all.
The installer in 2758 has the reported error, line 55 needs to be "fi" instead of "if" - after that it works, installs and the plugin runs!

Brilliant.

Some Bugs:
- When I make a preset a favourite in Bitwig, the star is huge and is sitting behind the presets - about 12 lines high ;-)
- In Tracktion 5 the lower part of the GUI is cut off, but the favourite star is correctly shown.

Can't wait for the rest of the tribe ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thanks Thomas!
Those bugs are fixed, the next version will come soon :)

Thank you *so much* Urs for doing this. We Linux users could really use more VST plugins like this! This is the best VSTi in Linux that I have currently. Of course I'm still forced to use Windows for audio... but I'm more and more using Linux for audio, too! Thanks to developers with open heart and mind like you!

CheerS!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

abique wrote:... the next version will come soon :)
Looking forward to it !

Abique, can you give us any sense of The Plan ? Will the entire line of u-he software be ported to Linux ? I've already received some mail asking about the availability of Diva and ACE, and I know many other people here would love to see their favorite u-he product running as native Linux software. So, what's the plan ? :)

Honestly, I understand if it's premature to talk about it. Hopes are high though.

Best,

dp

Hi StudioDave,

We have all the plugins building and running on Linux. Yet there are still some minors issues, that I'm fixing the evening :).
I'll ask Urs if we can go in beta with the other plugins.

Fingers crossed :)

abique wrote:...We have all the plugins building and running on Linux.
OMG. That is fantastic news. Time to start a new savings account dedicated to u-he. :)

Best,

dp

abique wrote:Hi StudioDave,

We have all the plugins building and running on Linux. Yet there are still some minors issues, that I'm fixing the evening :).
I'll ask Urs if we can go in beta with the other plugins.

Fingers crossed :)
Wow. Amazing news!

StudioDave wrote:The Plan ?
Abique is spending a lot of time and effort on the ports, but he has a "real" job and a private life as well, so we'll have to build our plan according to his schedule and as we go along.

Yes, all our plugins will open and run in Bitwig on Linux, and most of the big bugs are gone. I just tested everything, about half of them seem 99% OK but all of them still suffer from a few minor bugs that would be major nuisances to everyone. There are also some crashes happening, making the Linux ports no fun for anyone if we didn't fix them before we proceed.

We are just as eager as abique to get the new babies up and running and to give them to our trusted beta team. But we don't want to be too hasty and infuriate our beta testers by making them install and test 3 bugfix revisions per day, so we really want to make sure that people get something that's actually usable and in all aspects as close to our Win/Mac versions as possible.

Unfortunately, that means we'll have to wait and work and fix and test some more and see how it goes, until at some point things are solid enough to take the next step.

I know it's not what you wanted to read, but that's the way it is.
No timeline, no dates, no plan. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
StudioDave wrote:The Plan ?
Abique is spending a lot of time and effort on the ports...
No timeline, no dates, no plan. :)
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarity, I have no problem waiting for the official announcements. As I said, I understand if discussion of release dates is premature.

I will also admit to being very excited about this development. :)

Best,

dp

Great news!

Patience is a virtue. It will be worth it. ;) :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Loads, looks great. Sounds great.
Very happy about this new development.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

Return to “u-he”