Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ejgallego wrote:A workaround to missing menus is to use the mouse wheel to change settings. Cheers!
Personally I have no mouse or mouse wheel, Wacom tablet for all input. It was a problem for u-he Linux plugin menus, then it was fixed... I pray it will stay fixed :pray:

What was fixed and how?

vincenzoml wrote:What was fixed and how?
It's somewhere deep back in this thread, Mr x42 http://x42-plugins.com/x42/ came up with a patch if I remember correctly, and the newer u-he Linux plugins must have taken it up or just magically started working.

vincenzoml wrote:But before I buy... I have to be able to insert that serial number into something... bazille is already registered since a long time in my setup, but for Diva, I can't enter the serial (I guess it's as in some post above). We really need those menus back. In the meantime I can use diva through linvst but the cpu/buffer load is much higher @abique anything to add about this? Is it fixed in your current code?
Hi, this should work: find or create a text file:

(EDIT: corrected daft error)

/home/your-nik/.u-he/Diva/Support/com.u-he.Diva.user.txt

Name On First Line
Serial # on second line

restart Diva

Dance.
Last edited by glokraw on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just checked and I have a file called com.u-he.Diva.Preferences.txt in that directory. It already contains plenty of settings to tweak (that may be because I've opened the preferences gear in the plugin, but I could not change anything there, suspect because no menus). I changed the zoom setting from 100% to 130% and at least now I can both see the window, and also ** OPEN THE REGISTRATION DIALOG ** and the preset save dialog. It's sad I still don't have right-click menus, but liveable.

vincenzoml wrote:I just checked and I have a file called com.u-he.Diva.Preferences.txt in that directory. It already contains plenty of settings to tweak (that may be because I've opened the preferences gear in the plugin, but I could not change anything there, suspect because no menus). I changed the zoom setting from 100% to 130% and at least now I can both see the window, and also ** OPEN THE REGISTRATION DIALOG ** and the preset save dialog. It's sad I still don't have right-click menus, but liveable.
The username and serial number is located in another file. That file is probably created upon entering the information from the registration dialog. You should however be able to create that file yourself and insert those two lines only.

For Repro the filname is ~/.uhe/Repro-1/Support/com.u-he.Repro-1.user
The file for diva most likely ends with .user as well.

The prefs file does not have the registration information.

/Anders

Anyway bitwig beta is out!

vincenzoml wrote:Guys I'm tired of hearing that horrible noise and considering buying anyway :) Is there a workaround for the "can't see menus, can't set interface zoom" problem on ubuntu 17.10 in version 4408 (of diva but I suspect all the others)? I don't have windows so my investment is for linux only.
Not that I know of. :(

I use two Linux OS partitions on my PC, (that share home partition), one latest and one LTS, so I just boot into 16.04 while the 17.10 thing is (hopefully) sorted out.

Repro now works faster with Bitwig 2.3 Beta. Not yet perfected but on the right track.
Last edited by tomDog_tb303 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beamboom wrote:
vincenzoml wrote:Guys I'm tired of hearing that horrible noise and considering buying anyway :) Is there a workaround for the "can't see menus, can't set interface zoom" problem on ubuntu 17.10 in version 4408 (of diva but I suspect all the others)? I don't have windows so my investment is for linux only.
Not that I know of. :(

I use two Linux OS partitions on my PC, (that share home partition), one latest and one LTS, so I just boot into 16.04 while the 17.10 thing is (hopefully) sorted out.
That's a great idea anyway. For live performance a custom installation with minimal services and minimal desktop environment makes a big difference. So on 16.04 you confirm that menus are visible in Diva 4408 (or what version)?

Thanks a lot

Vincenzo

Not relevant to the discussion but I just registered it :D

tomDog_tb303 wrote:Repro now works faster with Bitwig 2.3 Beta. Not yet perfected but on the right track.
The default GUI still takes some time to load, but the control response is much faster. Sound is terrific, of course.

Repro 1 & 5 work better too. 5 definitely works better here with multicore on.

Cool, nice improvements from BWS.

Best,

dp

It works best as vst3 ;-)

Hi abique, sorry if I got lost [indeed having a summary in the first post would really help this thread], which Repro version should we try with 2.3beta? 6857?

Thanks a lot for the very nice releases and efforts.

ejgallego wrote:Hi abique, sorry if I got lost [indeed having a summary in the first post would really help this thread], which Repro version should we try with 2.3beta? 6857?
I'm curious as well. I think 6857 is Repro-1 only, if my memory is correct. And it seems to work fine in the Bitwig 2.3beta1, but what about Repro-5?

Return to “u-he”