The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

I'm trying to work out how it could be done and I just don't see how it could be done with Hive in it's current form. You would have to have dynamically morphing oscillators and filters. I don't think that is going to happen so I'm dropping it.

O.K. O.K. O.K. - I got it. You're going to love this...

O.K. this is going to be so good. Are you ready for this?

What if we added aaaaaaaaaaa.......... wait for it ......................................

GRANULARIZER!

boom.

EMPTY POST
Last edited by operator on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone knows more than I do...

EMPTY POST

operator wrote:EMPTY POST
lie :lol:

.maki wrote:
operator wrote:EMPTY POST
lie :lol:

Hahaha,,, :hug:

Dasheesh wrote:O.K. O.K. O.K. - I got it. You're going to love this...

What if we added aaaaaaaaaaa.......... wait for it ......................................

GRANULARIZER!

boom.
This man is a genius!!! now THAT would be freaking amazing!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu:

Sadly it wont happen, but it would still be a great idea.

I personally would love a SAMPLER with loop points in there, Early marketing suggested it belonged in the NightClub, well, nothing says dancefloor like a loop!!!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Just a thought on patchmorphing. I have a tool that I made where i contemplated patchmorphing but non continous params could be a problem. The way I figured to solve it is to crossfade partial results( meaning each non continous param generates two copies of the signal with a crossfade), this was a visual effect, I dont know how well that would work for audio. In any case, I put full preset morphing on Ice because of the complexity.

There are a few examples to look at such as predator 1 and uTonic

Garzita wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:O.K. O.K. O.K. - I got it. You're going to love this...

GRANULARIZER!

boom.
This man is a genius!!! now THAT would be freaking amazing!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu:

Sadly it wont happen, but it would still be a great idea.

I personally would love a SAMPLER with loop points in there, Early marketing suggested it belonged in the NightClub, well, nothing says dancefloor like a loop!!!

You can actually granularize with Hive. Just use the LFO's to break up everything into tiny sound blips. They are very fast. You have little control over the spaces in between the grains though. The grain spaces are equal to the grain size, because... it's an LFO. :hihi:

So, the one pole filter is still on my wish list, but I've been thinking a lot about what I would do with an X/Y pad on hive. It would be incredibly useful, and doable, to be able to assign samples to the x and y coordinate and use them as oscillators like a woosher or riser. Just include a drop down option in the oscillator menu named "sample". then in the x/y pad you can assign the rest. seems doable.

Hexagon idea, sampler window and add ability to use sample insead of oscillator. Would be such a powerhouse synth then.

Here are a few of our early work-in-progress drafts for a Hive redesign:

We think that we can enhance usability a lot by omitting the hexagon. Nevertheless, we also have a great UI coming up by a third party which keeps the hexagon and is absolutely gorgeous.

As for future feature updates I think we're committed to a dramatic increase in waveforms, along with a wavetable based synthesis method. This might be related to my current efforts in redesigning the Zebra oscillator.

We'll see... for now I'm just glad that we see light at the end of the tunnel with the Repro update, followed by Zebra 2.8, maybe even this year.

One short look and I'm sold! Looks really great and I think the look alone will breathe some new inspiration into using Hive.
I like draft 2 and 3 the most. Will it be possible to switch between all of these skins?

I'm really happy that you are going to include new waveforms and a wavetable based synth method too!
Any info about when we will see an update with this?

Soarer wrote:One short look and I'm sold! Looks really great and I think the look alone will breathe some new inspiration into using Hive.
I like draft 2 and 3 the most. Will it be possible to switch between all of these skins?
I like the layout of 2 (ModMatrix in the center) and the looks of 3 (kinda vintage synth) best :clown:

We will at some point decide on a layout. How many styles we do in that layout is yet to be seen, I'm sure there'll be a few more iterations before a decision is made. Such that, I have no idea if it's gonna be just one skin or multiple.

Thats aid, we will of course keep and foster the original skin as well.
I'm really happy that you are going to include new waveforms and a wavetable based synth method too!
Any info about when we will see an update with this?
I have no idea. We're working like mad on so many things, currently Zebra 2.8 and Repro have precedence, but also Zebra 3. I hope to leverage some work for Zebra3 into Hive, just like Hive was a stepping stone in building Zebra 3.

I could have sworn I had responded and said 2 was my personal favourite.
3 reminds me too much of one of your give away synths or a skin from it....and somewhat like Bazille too.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”