The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Teksonik
KVRAF
11722 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm

fourthmanfire wrote: Mac OS High Sierra.
https://www.wired.com/story/macos-high- ... hack-root/

:lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Urs
u-he
22661 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: The Hive Hexagon Thread

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:45 am

fourthmanfire wrote:I apologize if this has been asked before..

I've been following the Repro-5 and Zebra 2.8 releases closely, but haven't seen anything about an update to Hive to make the folders stay in order in Mac OS High Sierra. Is this being planned? Will Hive receive the redone patch browser at the same time? Thank you!
We're going to update all plug-ins subsequently after Repro and Zebra.

We have already had a Diva beta for a long time, which we'll update with the new preset browser next, hopefully in January. Then Hive and the rest through Q1/2 of 2018. If all goes well.

fourthmanfire
KVRist
129 posts since 31 Jan, 2014

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Teksonik wrote:
fourthmanfire wrote: Mac OS High Sierra.
https://www.wired.com/story/macos-high- ... hack-root/

:lol:
I had heard rumblings of this bug, but the article you linked was excellent. Most helpful! Thanks mate. Downloading the security fix now..

Also, thanks Urs for the response. Cheers.

dlarseninclusive
KVRist
254 posts since 19 Nov, 2017 from Los Angeles

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:24 pm

The new preset browser is sweet. I am looking forward to having that everywhere. NICE!

The only thing I would like to see in the HIVE hexagon is a lock for ARP/Sequencer section, specifically sequencer preset, so you can go through presets without having to load it. A lock for the sequencer would be just as good for the purpose. I asked Viktor how to do that maybe a week ago, so it may have made the list already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2788 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Here’s how you do this. I’ve been meditating on how to get what we want but strip it down and simplify it... then it hit, do exactly that. Take the idea and strip it back and simplify it.

An X/Y pad where you can assign the oscillator wave forms currently existing to the X/Y coordinates. This would allow for variation and a type of morphing and wave shaping without the baggage. It would be up to U-he to test this and see if it would actually sound good though. But that’s where I’m heading with this.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2437 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 am

I think this skin should be one of the default ones :)

nevis
KVRist
134 posts since 17 Dec, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:20 am

Elektronisch wrote:I think this skin should be one of the default ones :)
I second that.
It is my default skin. ;)

As I wrote a few pages earlier in this very thread:
nevis wrote:At the moment, I am using satYatunes' "Serenity" skin for Hive. I know it adds absolutely no new concept or clever tricks when compared to the original skin, but it is so much more pleasing to my eyes.

J-909
KVRist
239 posts since 19 Oct, 2016 from Madrid

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Elektronisch wrote:Image

I think this skin should be one of the default ones :)
Agree!

Yorrrrrr
KVRian
681 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from Cartagena - Colombia

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

I hope a HIVE update isn't that far away.

Sound Author
KVRian
596 posts since 8 Mar, 2008 from Crestview, Florida

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:49 pm

I believe Diva is next on the update priority list, then Hive :tu:

Maykie
KVRist
94 posts since 14 Dec, 2013

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:09 am

Iam praying for GUI where I can have both oscillators on the one side(left) of the plugin and both filters on the other(right) side. For some reason I hate mirrored GUI's - as much as i love Hive its confusing to work like that.
Same thing about LFO's and envelopes! I hate mirrors :D

In Urs we trust

dlarseninclusive
KVRist
254 posts since 19 Nov, 2017 from Los Angeles

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Maykie wrote: I hate mirrors :D
But you need a mirror to read half of this? This signal flow is giving me vertigo.

But hey, if you want to make a new skin, go for it.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2788 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Personally, I think Hive works best as a dark skin. Not black, but that gun metal grey works really, really well for me. I want to see gun metal grey with beautiful pastels for LED's. I think Purple is the new orange, and the really forward thinking are moving towards pink. you can adjust the LED colors for DIVA, and I am completely convinced you need that for HIVE. I would go melty for a gun metal grey theme with adjustable LED colors like DIVA. I like the idea of white LEDs in theory, but it will have to be done right.

tony10000
KVRist
139 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I still like the hexagon. It ties into the Hive theme and is a big part of its mojo. How about more hexagon themes with different color choices?

recursive one
KVRAF
3748 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am

Urs wrote: As for future feature updates I think we're committed to a dramatic increase in waveforms, along with a wavetable based synthesis method.
Wow! Great news. When Hive gets wavetable oscillators I will quite probably buy it. I own 4 other U-he synths, 3 of them being used in most of my recent projects, and I'm always tempted to expand my U-He synth collection with Hive but the overlap in features with "that other synth" which I also own always stops me.

And while we are disussing new features in Hive, I'd love to see the cross-oscillator modulation (or at least FM from a ghost oscillator like "triangle"/"pos triangle" in the "yet another synth") and a formant filter.
Last edited by recursive one on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...

Return to “u-he”