The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Pretty in pink.

Hi everyone, Hi Urs,

it´s always a joyful experience to have an update of any of the excellent U-he products. But really I often think, these VSTs are sooooooooooo great, actually they don´t really need any updates...so I think that is some kind of luxury extra plus gift for us faithful customers :):):)

Nevertheless I have some questions.

HIVE:
beside the changes to the UI-Skins and the (already very good) preset browser...
- will there also be some new sound design-features in the forthcoming update?
- can we browse the presets with the mouse scroll wheel whenever there is more than one page?
- will there be a little less CPU hunger? After all HIVE "can" be demanding when playing with a sustain pedal and certain patches :)

DIVA:
- any chance that the next update will reduce CPU hunger a little bit?

Thanks in advance / have a joyful and creative time.

Nm

???

I just saw this thread. Whatever you do, please don't use that cheesy italic font on the #3 image.

Urs,
I really hope - no matter what new skins there will be out there - the user will always have the possibility to stay with the original skin design - which already perfect surround HIVEs inside.

I get the feeling that all those new skins try to aim towards certain real synth layout and disign out there and that doesn´t feel quite fitting to me because HIVE is HIVE and not a Roland/Moog/whatnot hybrid or something like this. It´s HIVE and I can´t imagine a more suitable skin like the original one.

I really hope that goes into consideration at U-hes tec-lab-graphic-design-appartment :)

Cheers

I like the Golden Hive myself, more Honey like and good for Queen Bees.

Will Hive be getting plugin Browsing updates too and if so, will there be NKS incorporated with it, also for Zebra?

I love using Diva in Maschine, the NKS capability helps a lot and although I have basic Hive NKS mapping, more complete version would be the bees knees. ))
Leave ones footprint in that of the mind not the physical world. We have screwed it over enough.

Honestly, I think all of the skins look rubbish compared to the original one. Some FM implementation and a few more waveforms would be great though but please leave the option of the original skin or colour scheme. I've grown quite attached to it :)

agreed :)

When is this synth going to finally get an update, Urs? It's been 3 years since original post.. :pray:

This synth needs a update please. Seem very glitch UI when moving around in FL 12 64 bit. Too many instances open will cause crashing. Selecting presets sometime takes too long to load.

nichttuntun wrote:Urs,
I really hope - no matter what new skins there will be out there - the user will always have the possibility to stay with the original skin design - which already perfect surround HIVEs inside.
I agree too - I find the original default GUI the most attractive one. I dig the dark alien spacecraft look.

Yes, all this time after release, I finally had to go ahead add Hive to my u-he collection. I have 2 or 3 songs now where I was demoing Hive and ended up slipping a Hive sound here and there into the arrangement because there was some Hive patch that was just the right bit of ear candy at a given moment in the song. I'm not going to go back and look for sounds from other synths to replace those things before releasing the stuff since it's mixed and done, so it was time to just buy Hive already!
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

So will the wavetables be implemented this year?

New preset browser takes priority this year. Which is good IMHO. There are plenty other wavetable synths in the sea...

B-b-but!... :) Would also like to see some more waveforms in Hive. I'm sure there will, at some point. Wavetables would even be better, of course.

Return to “u-he”