The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Urs wrote:Some Hive news:

We're going to roll out a "Latest Build" of Hive with the existing feature set plus the new browser in a few days. This won't be an official update, but it'll preview preset tagging and it'll fix the High Sierra issue.

Due to funny circumstance, a decision was made for the third tab in the Hexagon. We have great difficulties automatically mapping Hive's modulation options to NKS performance controllers. So we decided to add 8 Macro controls to Hive. And guess what, we're in need for refurbished macro controls for Zebra3. So we're leveraging both into a really cool idea for XY-style macros for Hive. Those will have options for automatic assignments (quick workflow...) but also some cool enhancements over how things work in Zebra2. We think this is going to be a good compromise for the preset morphing request (which we couldn't properly fulfill) and a solution for the pressing NKS issue.

Then, before we officially roll out Hive 1.2 with Macros & NKS support we'll evaluate chances to add some more features, particularly on the waveform side. Can't promise anything yet, we need to figure out how to juggle things between all the updates which yet need to be done (Bazille, ACE, Uhbik...) and Z3 development as well.
See my request from page 1

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=434990

aMUSEd wrote:See my request from page 1
XYs as we see them are easy because they are just like the existing ModMatrix. Easy is good, because we don't want to make patch creation more painful and we want to be able to add automatic assignments. It's also good because an 8 parameter macro control coincides with both NKS and Z3. A two parameter morph-through-a-bunch-of-variations does not though.

The way it works in Alchemy is cool because it's whole settings which are morphed. I would have to go back to 2003 and reinvent our framework to do this in a CPU efficient manner, and I'm sure we would only have one or two products by today due to the overhead of maintaining such a system :clown:

Yeah it doesn't work in Kore for Zebra if I try and save morph states for preset level changes to the 8 variations grid, but it does if I map them just to XY states, so that could work for Hive too if it has XYs that are similar.

Had some fun yesterday modulating ModMatrix depths by other Modmatrices. Hehehe, they can even modulate themselves now. This does open up a whole new dimension of sounds, and I also have some further improvements I'm going to test soonishly.

We're trying to upload & publish our latest Hive beta build as soon as possible. There were a few leftover bugs, but I'm confident they'll be ironed out shortly.

Urs wrote:Had some fun yesterday modulating ModMatrix depths by other Modmatrices. Hehehe, they can even modulate themselves now. This does open up a whole new dimension of sounds, and I also have some further improvements I'm going to test soonishly.

We're trying to upload & publish our latest Hive beta build as soon as possible. There were a few leftover bugs, but I'm confident they'll be ironed out shortly.
Can we expect a release tomorrow ? :D

Elektronisch wrote:
Urs wrote:Had some fun yesterday modulating ModMatrix depths by other Modmatrices. Hehehe, they can even modulate themselves now. This does open up a whole new dimension of sounds, and I also have some further improvements I'm going to test soonishly.

Hehehe, unlikely. Next week sounds more realistic :-)

Keep in mind this isn't going to be an official release yet. It's just a beta published early to help with pressing issues (High Sierra...)

Urs wrote:Had some fun yesterday modulating ModMatrix depths by other Modmatrices. Hehehe, they can even modulate themselves now. This does open up a whole new dimension of sounds, and ...
Sounds like modulation heaven... the key to joyful sound-design. Good luck with further programming and all the joy sounds can bring. :party:

Urs wrote:Had some fun yesterday modulating ModMatrix depths by other Modmatrices. Hehehe, they can even modulate themselves now.
I smell FM crunches :hyper: :love:

Urs wrote:Had some fun yesterday modulating ModMatrix depths by other Modmatrices. Hehehe, they can even modulate themselves now. This does open up a whole new dimension of sounds, and I also have some further improvements I'm going to test soonishly..
Nice. That's one of the things I love about DUNE 2. Glad we'll be able to see that in Hive.

careful Urs. I love the idea of XY pads and the possibilities of morphing, but more complex doesn't make it better and just because you can doesn't mean you should. Best leave some play rather then cut too short the first time. I know you realize this, but just a reminder, as I know how much you would love to go crazy here. Preset Morphing using XY pads would fit in very nicely with Hive IMO. Looking forward to it.

Dasheesh wrote:careful Urs. I love the idea of XY pads and the possibilities of morphing, but more complex doesn't make it better and just because you can doesn't mean you should. Best leave some play rather then cut too short the first time. I know you realize this, but just a reminder, as I know how much you would love to go crazy here. Preset Morphing using XY pads would fit in very nicely with Hive IMO. Looking forward to it.
Let's wait it out and see what he comes up with before starting to worry that he'll go overboard. I'm sure Urs knows what he's doing, he's got an impeccable record so far, no? Let it roll. :tu:

Urs wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

Hehehe, unlikely. Next week sounds more realistic :-)

Keep in mind this isn't going to be an official release yet. It's just a beta published early to help with pressing issues (High Sierra...)
:hyper:

Russell Grand wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:careful Urs. I love the idea of XY pads and the possibilities of morphing, but more complex doesn't make it better and just because you can doesn't mean you should. Best leave some play rather then cut too short the first time. I know you realize this, but just a reminder, as I know how much you would love to go crazy here. Preset Morphing using XY pads would fit in very nicely with Hive IMO. Looking forward to it.
Let's wait it out and see what he comes up with before starting to worry that he'll go overboard. I'm sure Urs knows what he's doing, he's got an impeccable record so far, no? Let it roll. :tu:

yeah, I'm just being the voice of reason in the crowd. You know how the EDM crowd is, they will try to turn Hive into an Avenger. Got to say I'm very excited to see the results of these GUI expeditions as well though.

Re-made a Chiptune lead that I enjoyed from a producer in Hive and GOSH I sometimes wonder why Hive seems so underrated. Especially for Chiptune music, Hive is so fat and analog sounding.

And Hive is arguably better than Avenger with how fast and easy it is to work. Options and possibilities can quickly become overwhelming and a turn-off if it's not done in an easy and approachable manner. That's why I always liked how things only pop up in Zebra2 when you actually turn on a new osc, filter or what-have-you ^^.

--- analog sounding?? where does this play any role in chiptune music?

Return to “u-he”