Protoverb 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Protoverb

Urs wrote:
I haven't had the time to do an in-depth analysis - many good entries suggest there's merely a random element to what's good or not, so maybe there isn't a "rule" as to what sounds good and what doesn't within the set of options we laid out. I might get back into that if we add a room simulation to Zebra 3, but there's just too much other stuff right now which has a higher priority.
Speaking of reverbs. Urs, where are presets for Zrev?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:Speaking of reverbs. Urs, where are presets for Zrev?
Zebra2 user guide page 84 + http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/zebra.html#zrev
:)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
In fxp format, no thanks :). Why not add normal presets like in Uhbiks?
Murderous duck!

Protoverb not working on OSX High Sierra?

david.beholder wrote:
#rob wrote:
In fxp format, no thanks :). Why not add normal presets like in Uhbiks?
Because it doesn't do h2p presets

Forgot about these - there are a few more now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4r1ezgrzxjd9 ... e.zip?dl=1

nelepos wrote:Protoverb not working on OSX High Sierra?
Just had a quick check, works fine on High Sierra.
If you a trying the AU version, you might have to reboot your computer to make the host recognize the plugin.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote: I might get back into that if we add a room simulation to Zebra 3, but there's just too much other stuff right now which has a higher priority.
Fair enough, although I really hoped it would make it into a product much earlier.

One thing, that strucked me about Protoverb, was it's distrinct flavour that somehow screamed "Quantec QRS" to me. Sure, it could also make terrible noise, but some presets had the sonic imprint of the Quantec.

I mean most of the classic Hardware reverbs are already done to death. EMT 140, 250, Lexicon 224, 480, AMS RMX 16, you name it. There is only one device that hasn't been done in Software yet and that's the Quantec. I can see a market niche for Protoverb if it would go in that direction.

guitarturtle wrote:Were the 'winning' presets ever made available? I couldn't find any link on this thread or on the Protoverb page.
That was what I was hoping for, too...

Now that the new spring reverb has been released.. will Protoverb ever get further developed? I'm still liking this thing very much.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:24 pm Now that the new spring reverb has been released.. will Protoverb ever get further developed? I'm still liking this thing very much.
There might be an opportunity...

I really like Protoverb too.

I really like protoverb and I'd probably use it constantly if there was some way to get rid of its odd habit of introducing strange clicks into the signal. Maybe I should just make an IR of each setting I like and beat the clicks that way.

sleepcircle wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 pm I really like protoverb and I'd probably use it constantly if there was some way to get rid of its odd habit of introducing strange clicks into the signal ...
That sounds like your DSP is getting slammed. Protoverb sure slams mine. It's a real slammer.

no, it's not that! it's … it's like, certain signals—the exact nature of which i haven't yet been able to identify—trigger 'clicks' on the INPUT end of the chain, and then these clicks make it into the reverb and bounce around the room with the rest of the input, so it ends up sounding like someone dropped a popcorn kernel in a gymnasium.

sleepcircle wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 am it ends up sounding like someone dropped a popcorn kernel in a gymnasium.
Ahh, I see, it's a doinker sound.

Return to “u-he”