[ANN] Repro-1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

beely wrote:
Urs wrote:We are eagerly tracking eBay and other sites for nice specimen of this kind to pop up.
Excellent. If I still had mine you could have had that.

Unfortunately, I retired it for Zebra... :dog: :D :tu:

Really like the idea of preserving these things as they are, rather than adding features just because you can, particularly if the modelling is really well done!
Of course we have a little twist in mind. Nothing that breaks realism though.

Will this be compatible with mac os 10.6.9 ?
Any processor requirements?

Looks very nice :tu:

Can you team up with Mr Retrosound and model his Prophet 600 while you are doing the Prophet filters? :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2BmlttuhI

mcnoone wrote:Will this be compatible with mac os 10.6.9 ?
Any processor requirements?
Current plan: We're dropping 10.5 support, but not yet 10.6

We might concentrate on 64 bit processors for optimisations. That is, 32 bit versions will still be available but not necessarily comparable in performance.

Urs wrote:
knowix wrote:It's surprising there hasn't been a new ambitious Pro One emu released lately. I wonder if NI and TAL have emus in the work for instance.
I'm quite fascinated by it. Out of all the vintage mono synths I have with a fixed architecture, the Pro One is the most difficult to model. It's the only one that does frequency & pulsewidth crossmodulation, filter fm and hardsync (some say it's softsync, but the circuit corresponds with the hardsync layout of the datasheets).

The Pro One was also the first analogue synth I had access to when I was a kid, together with a System 100m. It's important to me 8)
You might want to give John Bowen a call. I think a team up between Zarg Music and U-He would be glorious and a good thing for John as a foray into native plug ins. Aside from being on the original design team at Sequential he's done some great emulations for the old Creamware/Pulsar platform and now for Sonic Core/Scope. Having never owned a Pro 1 I can't say how close these emulations are but I own the ProTone and it sounds glorious to me (ProWave too, which adds wavetable capabilities). Best osc sync sound I've heard in software.

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 42&lang=us

Maybe a team up could even produce something cool for the Scope Platform. It's been so long since a new synth was released for it that if U-He were to release something every Pulsar/XITE-1 owner would jump on it like teenagers on texting.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I know John from the trade shows. I'll certainly see him in April. I'll also run into Dave Smith, I'm sure.

We have an Xite, but it's buried in a cupboard. It's not my cup of tea.

Actually, we've pretty much decided to stick to the Intel platform and forgo all plans to do hardware, mobile stuff, license ware or whatever else for the time being. We have a pretty good thing going, we have plenty of stuff to explore and all of those other things take time.

Urs wrote:I know John from the trade shows. I'll certainly see him in April. I'll also run into Dave Smith, I'm sure.

We have an Xite, but it's buried in a cupboard. It's not my cup of tea.

Actually, we've pretty much decided to stick to the Intel platform and forgo all plans to do hardware, mobile stuff, license ware or whatever else for the time being. We have a pretty good thing going, we have plenty of stuff to explore and all of those other things take time.
Right, but my main point was that a team up between Zarg and U-he could yield interesting fruit in the native plug in world. Maybe two "lead guitarists" in a band would be too fraught with issues though.

Should I PM you with my address so you can send me your unloved XITE-1? :hyper:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Right, but my main point was that a team up between Zarg and U-he could yield interesting fruit in the native plug in world. Maybe two "lead guitarists" in a band would be too fraught with issues though.
Yeah, hmmm, I'm not sure if it would work.
Hehehe, we might need it one day.

Urs wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Right, but my main point was that a team up between Zarg and U-he could yield interesting fruit in the native plug in world. Maybe two "lead guitarists" in a band would be too fraught with issues though.
Yeah, hmmm, I'm not sure if it would work.
Hehehe, we might need it one day.
It's an excellent quality i/o box and let's me run a bunch of Diva instances at one time on Devine mode because I can offload a lot of other CPU intensive stuff off to it, like reverb. More often than not I'm just using it like a Nord G2 engine that's been put inside a PCIe audio interface.
Zerocrossing Media

Urs wrote:We have an Xite, but it's buried in a cupboard. It's not my cup of tea.
You could always cooperate with Stephan Schmitt and call the little beast "Nonlinear XciteR" :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Urs wrote:Actually, we've pretty much decided to stick to the Intel platform and forgo all plans to do hardware, mobile stuff, license ware or whatever else for the time being. We have a pretty good thing going, we have plenty of stuff to explore and all of those other things take time.
:tu: :clap: :tu:

I love the idea of a virtual vintage synth museum. I'd totally buy into the Pro-One right now if possible. The idea that a another Mini, or even a Prodigy could be in the works is just great.

If you need a Prodigy, I'm pretty sure these guys have one (what don't they have), and they're local to me. I'd be happy to stop by and pick it up. Can't promise I wouldn't spend a few weeks playing with it before shipping it off to Germany.

http://threewavemusic.com/

*fistbump*

Oh this is fantastic news! I've been waiting for a quality Pro-One emulation for so long -- I didn't dare dream that U-He would take it on! So this is absolutely perfect news.

And yeah, I love the simplicity of it. Keep going with that :) In the case of the Pro one, "true to the original" is the way to go, imho.

-M

Pro One was my first synth, loved it, wish I hadnt got rid of it, hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “u-he”