Volta – A GUI for u-he Diva

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

das Auge isst mit...

exmatproton wrote:
Urs wrote:
deltaMACHINE wrote:Fantastic and perfect skin!

Urs can learn from you because the look is also very important ;)
Well, I like some aspects of this design, but would I have to do it again, I'd still arrive at the original design.
The original design is top notch as well. However, i find that the overview of the lfo section is done really nice in this theme. O.t.o.h. the original is a bit more straight forward, which is nice for fast editing (imho)
Please don’t start an opinion war. As I already mentioned, this GUI is only a different perspective on how something looks and feels. It doesn’t sound better and you can’t do better music with it. All credits should still go to u-he… except the graphics.

A re-design is always difficult to proceed, because you end up with compromises and you also need to be sensitive to not change what it is. But it is a much more complex task to build something out of nothing. There are years of working behind that. u-he is always setting the bar high and If you follow the last years you can clearly see that they had a huge impact on GUI design.

For me this is a case study which I worked on since a year. I wanted to dive deeper into the world of synthesizer GUIs and u-he gave me the chance by letting people use custom themes. And this open mind and freedom is not very usual for a company.
Diva gave me the opportunity to learn about the past and the future.

I learned from u-he!
Last edited by User Data on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instant buy :)

User Data wrote:From the Diva User Guide:

Windows themes: ...VstPlugins\u-he\Diva.data\Support\Themes\
Mac Themes: MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/ (Diva/ and Themes/)

Place the "Volta GUI" folder into the "Themes" folder. Open Diva, go to "Preferences" and select "default GUI".
thanks

Works great. How many hours did you put in on this ? Hope your designing for living.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

Greetings,

Checked out the demo today, thanks to the direct link. Tested on the Linux version of Diva, it worked fine and I like its layout a lot, so I just bought it.

Beautiful work, for me it's more inviting than the otherwise excellent original skin.

Best regards,

dp

Hmm. Paypal doesn't seem to work for me, as it is requesting that I pay with a credit card, and won't let me use my debit through Paypal, which is how I normally pay through paypal. I don't have a credit card so I cannot purchase the skin. Is this intended?

Other than that, skin looks amazing, wish I could buy it!

Thanks

EDIT: Also, how does one change the default u-he skin? I am on a mac if it is of any importance.

one page back
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=466694&start=15#p6515051
shonoob wrote: EDIT: Also, how does one change the default u-he skin? I am on a mac if it is of any importance.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

User Data wrote:From the Diva User Guide:

Windows themes: ...VstPlugins\u-he\Diva.data\Support\Themes\
Mac Themes: MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/ (Diva/ and Themes/)

Place the "Volta GUI" folder into the "Themes" folder. Open Diva, go to "Preferences" and select "default GUI".
Just bought this, but I'm struggling here, somehow. First off, there was no "Themes" folder in the location noted above (i'm on a Mac).

So, I created it, and put the Volta folder inside. Now I'm running Diva... I open "preferences" and switch over to the third icon tab, but there is no box for Skins under appearance...just size, gamma, oscilliscope and tex anti-aliasing.

How do I get the skin choices to show up?

EDIT: Ok, so the "Themes" folder is in the /u-he, not in /diva, that's where I was getting confused -- the instructions above are misleading because they say "(Diva/ and Themes/). Diva has no themes folder, but the general U-he folder does. After putting it in there, it showed up.

Just bought the GUI - great work, really looks great!

One question though: Where can I switch the accuracy of the emulation to divine etc? Can't find it on the new design, only the multicore switch is there.

Greetz,

Kaysa

only tried the demo, but don't you think it would be more user friendly to have the preset browser closed when you click on any other part of the synth, not only the small x in the top corner?

Bought the GUi.

Its great, i like it alot, but i have couple of "complaints". 1 is imo improvement for the workflow and another 1 is just a preference :)

1. Panel changes. If i change the panel within the gui using the handle, it changes the position from Bottom to the Top. I think its confusing and i think its better to have it locked in one position. Tho i understand its like making more "realistic" like if you open the compartment :) But it slows down a bit.

2. Diva is now taller. Is it possible to cramp it up a little bit? :)

And extra one: is it me or text in red font is a bit "blurry" ? :)

Don't cramp it, it's beautiful as is. Resize down if you need...

EvilDragon wrote:Don't cramp it, it's beautiful as is. Resize down if you need...
Then its too small :P

Return to “u-he”