Is the effects from (Diva) available to be used on sounds outside the (Diva) plugin?

Official support for: u-he.com
Jedinhopy
KVRian
846 posts since 20 May, 2010

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm

I meant, is it possible to use all the effects from DIVA on any sounds like using a vst effect plugin?

bmrzycki
KVRAF
4072 posts since 11 Aug, 2006 from Austin, TX

Re: Is the effects from (Diva) available to be used on sounds outside the (Diva) plugin?

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 pm

As of today, no.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Jedinhopy
KVRian

Re: Is the effects from (Diva) available to be used on sounds outside the (Diva) plugin?

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:19 am

And if i happen to like the effects from HIVE.
Then i can't use them elsewhere.

Since both Diva and Hive has many presets.
Those effect settings that are designed for specific synth sounds could be used on instruments that is outside the U-HE paradigm.

murnau
KVRAF
5563 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from Arkham Asylum

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:39 am

Afair Urs promised audio-input coming one day.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

irre
KVRAF
4385 posts since 21 Jan, 2008 from oO

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:08 am

maybe check out uhbik? It's basically the pimped versions of the synth fx.

Jedinhopy
KVRian

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:09 am

Suloo wrote:maybe check out uhbik? It's basically the pimped versions of the synth fx.
can uhbik use effect settings from DIVA synth presets?

irre
KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:27 am

no not directly, but you might be able to recreate them, although not all of them.
What do you have in mind specifically?

for reverb there is uhbik-A
für delay uhbik-d
for phaser uhbik-p

chorus & rotary might not be possible.

chorus might be possible with very short delay times.

omiroad
KVRist
161 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:20 am

For analog filters you might like Cytomic The Drop.

operator
KVRist
190 posts since 6 Jan, 2015 from Austria

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:05 am

Suloo wrote:no not directly, but you might be able to recreate them, although not all of them.
What do you have in mind specifically?

for reverb there is uhbik-A
für delay uhbik-d
for phaser uhbik-p

chorus & rotary might not be possible.

chorus might be possible with very short delay times.
Uhbik-F is a Chorus/Flanger effect... and with Uhbik-T you get a rotary effect if you use the channel offset... 8)
Die Trying...

Kr3eM
KVRist
386 posts since 1 Sep, 2007

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Jedinhopy wrote:And if i happen to like the effects from HIVE.
Then i can't use them elsewhere.

Since both Diva and Hive has many presets.
Those effect settings that are designed for specific synth sounds could be used on instruments that is outside the U-HE paradigm.
I emailed the U-he support about this, probably over a year ago.
Well, kind of asked the same question. I wanted to have the option to have access to the effects with audio in (no filters) since I personally records most stuff dry, especially when working with alot of randomness. To have stuff recorded with long decay/tail effects creates a big problem later in the edit process when selecting and discarding various parts.

Zebra is brilliant in this case since I can recreate any settings in Zebrify. The same goes now for Xfer Serum...perhaps with others to like NI stuff but I wouldn't know.

The answer at that time was simply a no with a comment that more or less said that if this was a problem for me then don't use the effects.
I have to admit to be quite dissapointed, mostly since they have the abillity to solve this 'problem'. There's no real need to make any extra effort on GUI or anything else, just make it a VST that recives audio input and thats about it really. In my mind it sounds so simple but I suspect the reality is not.

I guess one sounds like spoiled brat complaining about this but it's very hard and even impossible in some cases to recreate the effects in the U-he synths (got them all except Filterscape).

...since the effects have a unique sound it's really hard to be at peace with that when one are in the creative mindset and all of the ambition and passion that goes with it.

irre
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Kr3eM wrote: There's no real need to make any extra effort on GUI or anything else, just make it a VST that recives audio input and thats about it really. In my mind it sounds so simple but I suspect the reality is not.
you mean like a dummy Diva that only has fx working and audio input?
That would look half baked.

Sure there would be GUI work and other stuff involved.

Kr3eM
KVRist
386 posts since 1 Sep, 2007

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Suloo wrote:
Kr3eM wrote: There's no real need to make any extra effort on GUI or anything else, just make it a VST that recives audio input and thats about it really. In my mind it sounds so simple but I suspect the reality is not.
you mean like a dummy Diva that only has fx working and audio input?
That would look half baked.

Sure there would be GUI work and other stuff involved.
Yes, you could call it a dummy Diva (or Hive, Bazille ect)...I can't see why it would look half baked, no more half baked than it does when you use the VSTi as you do now...Serum FX version looks no diffirent, and I guess the same goes for all other VSTi-FX versions like Synthmaker, Oddity2_fx, FM8...and so on...

I just thought it would be a simple way to support users with this 'need' or what you want to call it. Minimum effort for maximum need :D

I personally would take any GUI, and I mean ANY KIND of GUI, if it would give me the effects in a VST audio in format...
...seroiusly any GUI or even DAW default GUI, looks are secondary.

BDeep
KVRAF
2663 posts since 13 Feb, 2012 from Amsterdam

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Plus, if you have a half-decent DAW, you can still play the effect as a synth, while routing audio through it.
FM8 for example can use the incoming audio as a modulator or carrier.
Serum can record incoming audio into a wavetable.
Although that kind of functionality might be more applicable to Bazille and ACE than Diva or Hive.

dangayle
KVRian
795 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:42 pm

BDeep wrote:Although that kind of functionality might be more applicable to Bazille and ACE than Diva or Hive.
Softube Modular has an audio-in version, it's just another cable you drag in. Wouldn't seem out of place at all if Bazille had an external audio input down next to the noise input.

joe_b
KVRer
16 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Since the original question has been answered, a little excursion ;)

IMHO this is the limiting factor of all sound design nowadays: Some synths have really good effects, but few of them (Repro), while some have a lot of mediocre quality (NI...). In the end i always end up using a few of the (good) internal ones, while external plugins take care of the rest. So we got a billion synths with different GUIs and different effects, resulting in a bazillion of things we have to remember. And then there's layering two different synth sounds while routing through the same effect chain. I understand why so many are into Omnisphere. It has good oscillators and filters (though not as good as U-He's) and also good effects (again not as good as Repro, but quite good) and a quite modular design. So one interface to do it all. This also attracts a lot of sound designers because they can do more complex things AND share them (try sharing a mainstage patch...). I really hope Zebra 3 will go this direction, Omnisphere needs a contender.

Return to “u-he”