[Repro-1] Public Beta

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote:
4damind wrote:Is the Pro One the little brother of the Prophet 5?
You can call it that, but more accurately it's the mono synth in the line-up. Back in the day, mono synths were very popular and in previous years, the only financially feasible choice people had. Doing poly AND patch storage was very expensive and in many cases you could easily get by with a mono. So the Pro-One wasn't not intended to be the little brother of the P5 but rather live along side it as another option. It used a similar voice architecture of the P5 based around the same Curtis chips set as the rev3 P5 (earlier rev P5's used the SSM chip set). The Pro-One has always been a favourite synth of mine. Back in the early 90s they could be had for around $100 and I had 4 of them at one point. I've since sold them all, my 2 P5s and my P10. But I did retain a minimoog at least :)
Thanks U-He for the Repro-1 - being one of my favourite analogue synths and having used them for many years and no longer have one, having a plugin emulation of it is great! I plan to use it a lot!

plexuss wrote:Thanks U-He for the Repro-1 - being one of my favourite analogue synths and having used them for many years and no longer have one, having a plugin emulation of it is great! I plan to use it a lot!
You're welcome! I sure hope it's much like you remember it 8)

Sincere thanks for the free offer to those of us owning all U-He software. I never had a Curtis chip synth, though I did play ones owned by others in the early 80s. This will be my first one all to myself :) I am looking forward to playing this beast and really can't thank you enough!
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

4damind wrote:Is the Pro One the little brother of the Prophet 5?
It's been answered but I would like to add a few things:
  • The Pro-One has analogue control, the Prophet-5 has very steppy knobs.
  • The Pro-One has a wider parameter range for many parameters.
  • The waveforms mix completely differently, the Pro-One's often go quiet while the Prophet-5 goes louder when mixing more than 1.
  • The Pro-One has a lot deeper modulation options.
  • The Prophet-5 has microtuning (!).
  • The Pro-One has a sequencer and various legato/trigger modes.
  • The Pro-One sold 8000 times while the Prophet 5 sold about 6500 times.
I believe that some of the quirks of the Pro-One are due to its rushed release. It was meant to be the Prophet-5's monophonic brother, but some design choices have led to quite a different sonic character. Which means, many Prophet-5 sounds can not be done in the Pro-One and vice versa.

Exciting. Congrats! I look forward to giving it a spin.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

:bang: I don't know if I should love you or hate you Urs ! :love: :bang: :love: :bang: :love: :party:

Urs wrote:Before you buy: If you own all u-he plug-ins including ZebraHZ you should have received an email about Repro-1. If you didn't, please contact support at u-he dot com - we might have a little surprise for you!

Wow ... this one comes in as a big surprise. I indeed got an email and want to say

THANK YOU GUYS :)
Last edited by nschmidt-dd on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sounds fabulous...big congrats Urs. :party:

Wow, the completist's dream present just made my day! Incomplete for mere minutes and back to complete for free!

Thank you, Urs and team! This must be the most generous loyalty gift, period.

Back in the day, I started with UHBIK and while I was waiting for news about them, I started playing with the ACE demo - what could possibly go wrong?

;-)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

For some reason this error pops up most of the time when installing U-He stuff. Any idea what this is about and how to fix it? I'm on Win10 64 bit.

Runtime Error (at -1:0):

Cannot Import
dll:<utf8>C:\Users\----\AppData\Local\Temp\is-2RBOF.tmp\Repro-1.dll.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

BACK OF THE NET! For U-he. This is a freebie if you own everything! How cool is that... :D I'm missing one plugin, but I'm still very happy to nab it for a $69 price tag. :tu:

Downloading now... Thank you for releasing it. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

thank you, Urs !

but there is a problem when running this under Mac OS 10.6.8

validating Audio Unit Repro-1 by u-he:
  Manufacturer String: u-he
  AudioUnit name: Repro-1
  Component Version: 0.4.1 (0x401)
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -50,0xFFFFFFCE

Sounds terrific, as expected. Instapurchase

This synthesizer is legendary. It is definitely a State-of-the-Art. Congratulations for your hard work on it, that led it to being so phenomenal.
Last edited by Faza on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

And p.s. I love the manual. Very old school looking

Return to “u-he”