Repro-1 Circuit Wallpaper

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

(psst - this is a computer generated rendering... no synth was harmed during the shoot and we're not going to build hardware anytime soon)

That is a sick computer rendering! I actually popped open a synth to get a very similar type shot several years ago. Now you make me want to go look for the shot to compare!

Awesome art.

Excellent work there, definitely a case of a rendering looking a little too real to actually be real.
What renderer was used out of curiosity? Some subtle subsurface scattering would probably
work well for the pcb imo, if the artist happened to want to go extra nuts with it.

-Cheers :tu:

I think it's called VRay... not sure if it does subsurface scattering... the original 8k rendering took a whole night for one frame IIRC

Cool thanks, time is the enemy definitely. In the film biz, unless we are going to animate
a shot like that, we would likely just have an artist paint it by hand to save the time.

Rendering is much more fun imo though...

-Cheers

Yes ..stunning render ... :clap:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hate to whinge Urs but whats the chance of a Ultrawide version, specificaly 3440 X 1440 :)

I did just buy it :wink:

BTW plugin kind of reminds me of my beloved Cheetha MS-6, its possibly the curtis chips....That big phatt broad sound you get with a bit of delay and reveb on top. nice. Anyway thanks :tu:

40watt wrote:Hate to whinge Urs but whats the chance of a Ultrawide version, specificaly 3440 X 1440 :)
Haha, that's what I thought. :)
I cropped the hi-res one to 32:10 ratio (2 * 1680x1050), but the problem with this is focus vs. u-he logo.

:tu:
Do you have more (of Repro-1 or other u-he products)?

Urs wrote:(psst - this is a computer generated rendering... no synth was harmed during the shoot and we're not going to build hardware anytime soon)

That is what I had assumed, but I still find it hard to believe it isn't a real photograph.

Of course the gold bands on the resistors are way too shiny for these to look even remotely realistic... :P
But the renders are nice... :tu:

I'm just happy to see that u-he takes such stock in visuals. I hope
they are able to employee an artist full-time. It really is excellent
work.

Also, I'd be surprised if Urs hasn't seen "any" interest in computer
graphics. IMO calculating an image should be every bit as interesting as
calculating an audio signal. At least from a mathematical standpoint.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:I'm just happy to see that u-he takes such stock in visuals. I hope
work.
IIRC, Urs is a professional industrial designer, isn't he?

sawsq wrote:
pekbro wrote:I'm just happy to see that u-he takes such stock in visuals. I hope
work.
IIRC, Urs is a professional industrial designer, isn't he?
Yep, and we have a full time artist employed.

Return to “u-he”