[Repro-1] Released!

Official support for: u-he.com
User avatar
antic604
KVRian
1226 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:52 am

Maybe this was answered somewhere in numerous Repro-5 threads, but will there be a (significant) discount for current owners of Repro-1 to upgrade?

I hesitate whether to get 1 right now, or wait until 5 comes out :)
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22409 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 am

antic604 wrote:Maybe this was answered somewhere in numerous Repro-5 threads, but will there be a (significant) discount for current owners of Repro-1 to upgrade?

I hesitate whether to get 1 right now, or wait until 5 comes out :)
It's a 100% discount for current owners of Repro-1. I.e. the update is going to be free.

User avatar
antic604
KVRian
1226 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:12 am

Urs wrote:
antic604 wrote:Maybe this was answered somewhere in numerous Repro-5 threads, but will there be a (significant) discount for current owners of Repro-1 to upgrade?

I hesitate whether to get 1 right now, or wait until 5 comes out :)
It's a 100% discount for current owners of Repro-1. I.e. the update is going to be free.
Awesome, thanks! :)
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

ckoe
KVRist
109 posts since 26 Sep, 2017 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 am

Any news about Repro-5?

User avatar
ere2learn
KVRAF
1522 posts since 3 May, 2014

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 am

oooohhh hello

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
5668 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:49 am

ckoe wrote:Any news about Repro-5?
There's a dedicated RePro-5 thread further down in this forum with more up to date info. Summary: it was delayed in order to be the first to get the new U-he preset browser, of which there are still dozens of open bug/issues which are preventing it from going into beta. Still, most of the issues have been resolved and progress is being made, so we're likely weeks away from a beta of both the synth and the preset browser. For obvious reasons, U-he doesn't want to make any public time estimates on when.

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22409 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:51 am

Internal beta testing is more or less imminent. We'll have a meeting about that tomorrow and we'll see whether it's feasible or not.

User avatar
clangorous
KVRist
247 posts since 13 Nov, 2013 from Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:55 am

Woo hoo!

Thanks Urs! :D

ckoe
KVRist
109 posts since 26 Sep, 2017 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 am

Thx for the update and sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22409 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 am

No worries, this isn't really the wrong thread, but the other one is more active ;-)

ckoe
KVRist
109 posts since 26 Sep, 2017 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 am

Urs wrote:No worries, this isn't really the wrong thread, but the other one is more active ;-)
Danke, man will ja kenen uff de Latschen treten.

nino213
KVRer
13 posts since 24 Feb, 2012

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey Urs, I hope you're doing well. I've wanted to but diva and zebra for a long time, now I want repro but I can't really afford 2 of them, barely diva by itself but I've been a fan of your work for a long time, the magazine plugins you've had etc. I'm wondering will there be a bundle for all the synths/FX? That way maybe I can afford the bundle when it goes on sale.

Really I wonder, can I buy repro-1 now, then diva and satin during black friday? Then I'd have to save up for half a year or more for zebra (maybe it'll be v3 by then haha and presswerk(

Any guidance you offer would be appreciated, I like to play with the sounds together and make then complete each other and have fun, sometimes I like to make real sounding funky basses and play some smoove rhodes and add some percussion and that's that.

Is there any sale before 2018? A bundle coming?
Danke for your mind and drive to create a company from your passion, that's what I call being an inspiration!

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22409 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 am

We will offer bundles once our new website launches. It's been in the making for two years, it should happen at some point. Don't expect thrift-style markdowns though. Still can't say when...

We have decided *not* to do a Black Friday sale this year. The Diva sale was good last year. But if we did another this year, we'll have a very bad time from August to November next year - because everyone expects another.

However, we'll do another customer survey soon, and I think it'll reward participants with a helpful voucher.

nino213
KVRer
13 posts since 24 Feb, 2012

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:47 am

That's super nice, I'll be getting Repro right now and maybe I can add the rest through those bundles! It's appreciated for students like myself!

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
6585 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: [Repro-1] Released!

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:03 am

Urs wrote:We will offer bundles once our new website launches. It's been in the making for two years, it should happen at some point. Don't expect thrift-style markdowns though. Still can't say when...

We have decided *not* to do a Black Friday sale this year. The Diva sale was good last year. But if we did another this year, we'll have a very bad time from August to November next year - because everyone expects another.

However, we'll do another customer survey soon, and I think it'll reward participants with a helpful voucher.
Someone else mentioned it on kvr recently, but I don't think I have ever had to pay an upgrade fee for any u-he product I own. I am not sure I have any other software company whose products I use even nearly as much I can say that about. Not sure how you do it, but we certainly want you to find a business model that works for you financially as well.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”