29 Notes -12.h2p
33 Reset Types.h2p

KVRian

Topic Starter

513 posts since 1 Jan, 2013 from Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:30 am

Thank you Howard. Sorry for all the crashes :(
Howard wrote:33 Reset Types.h2p
That's the simplest script of all. I wonder what could possibly be wrong with this code:

Code: Select all

<?

for (int i = 179; i <= 210; i++) {
	Global.Parameter[i] = 0;
}

for (int i = 283; i <= 314; i++) {
	Global.Parameter[i] = 0;
}

?>
Those zeros I guess... Or an i counter is escaping its scope...

Howard, could you please test these modified versions of the script? Hopefully one of them won't crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Urs
u-he
25465 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:49 am

I found a bug, but can't fix it easily (the code is very old and complex...)

in 26 Notes +1 you have to replace c++ with c = c+1;

Maybe the increment operator has become buggy over the years...

KVRAF
4034 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:52 am

Crash test dummy report:
The "counter" version crashes, the other 2 are OK.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:50 am

Urs wrote:in 26 Notes +1 you have to replace c++ with c = c+1;
Thanks.
Howard wrote:Crash test dummy report:
For science! :hihi:

OK, I updated all scripts. Hopefully this will end crashes on mac. For windows users everything should work as before. However, I noticed a slight performance boost after replacing 'c++' part, but maybe it's just coffee.

KVRAF
1792 posts since 10 Apr, 2002 from Poissy, France

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:58 am

awesome !
thanks

KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:03 am

drzhnn wrote:Hopefully this will end crashes on mac.
Perfect. Works!

KVRian
560 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:15 am

Thanks for the great job drzhnn! :hug:

There is one thing I do not get. Repro-1 does not read the presets if you place them in the user folder for Modules/Pattern (i'm on a Mac) It only reads the presets when you place them in the factory folder for Modules/Pattern.

How come?

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:27 am

LFO8 wrote:There is one thing I do not get. Repro-1 does not read the presets if you place them in the user folder for Modules/Pattern (i'm on a Mac) It only reads the presets when you place them in the factory folder for Modules/Pattern.

How come?
Yeah, they won't work as module presets. I should've mentioned this in the first post...

At some point they did work, but after I added the detection of the active pattern they stopped. I guess it's because the module preset browser is forced to load presets into particular pattern (1 or 2) and it doesn't like when presets try to change this behavior. And since module preset browser uses popup menu to access presets, and it doesn't support folders, I thought it would be better to leave it for just saving user favorite patterns, otherwise it could get bloated really fast.

KVRian

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Cheers for that explanation. Pity it doesn't work like that though. Even when I create my own pattern and save it, it defaults to the factory folder > Modules/Pattern instead of the user folder.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Maybe I misunderstood your question... If you drop these presets into Modules/Pattern they will appear there, but only after you restart Repro-1. This is a default behavior and I cannot change it. But it doesn't really matter, because they won't work from there anyway (for the reason I described above). Well, except the '33 Reset Types.h2p' preset, which I just forgot to update :oops:

KVRAF
5573 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from the bottom of my heart

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Cool! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:46 am

I think LFO8 is talking about sequencer patterns, not randomizer presets. I can confirm that patterns in the OSX "User" folder (/Users/[WHOEVER]/Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/Modules/Pattern) don't appear in the list. Currently asking u-he headquarters whether they should...

KVRian

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:59 am

Howard wrote:I think LFO8 is talking about sequencer patterns, not randomizer presets. I can confirm that patterns in the OSX "User" folder (/Users/[WHOEVER]/Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/Modules/Pattern) don't appear in the list. Currently asking u-he headquarters whether they should...
That is indeed what I mean.

KVRian
544 posts since 5 Jun, 2001

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:39 am

these are great, thanks very much, drzhnn

Return to β€œu-he”