Is the Repro5 really happening?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:
AnX wrote:They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.
Yeah... making the best analog emulation yet is an error of judgement :lol:
Best pro1 emulation. :wink:

AnX wrote:Yes, im aware of that, but i still think a pro5 will kill sales of the pro1. They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.
Hehehe, I think you're trying to put a very complex matter in an all too simple formula. Granted, it's very en vogue to do so these days - nonethless, seeing a bigger picture of things I wholeheartedly disagree.

AnX wrote:Best pro1 emulation. :wink:
Pro~One actually. :P
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:
AnX wrote:Best pro1 emulation. :wink:
Pro~One actually. :P
Indeed, thanks for the correction. :tu:

Urs wrote:
AnX wrote:Yes, im aware of that, but i still think a pro5 will kill sales of the pro1. They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.
Hehehe, I think you're trying to put a very complex matter in an all too simple formula. Granted, it's very en vogue to do so these days - nonethless, seeing a bigger picture of things I wholeheartedly disagree.
Fair enough. I guess we'll see if/when it happens :wink:

david.beholder wrote: Pro1 has highest sales in U-he history already. Please add it to considerations.
Wrong, again.

AnX wrote:
david.beholder wrote: Pro1 has highest sales in U-he history already. Please add it to considerations.
Wrong, again.
There is Urs comment. I think he knows better. :clown:
Murderous duck!

Urs wrote that months ago. He meant that Repro-1 had the highest sales relative to time into its launch cycle. But I think both you guys know that. You're just arguing because you have so much spare time. And I am writing this because I'm a fool too.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

david.beholder wrote:
AnX wrote:
Wrong, again.

You mean this one, that proves you wrong...
Urs wrote:
david.beholder wrote:Pro1 has highest sales in U-he history already. Please add it to considerations.
In the after release rush, yes. However, by now Diva and Zebra are selling higher numbers.

(which we expected)
:P

pdxindy wrote:
AnX wrote:They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.
Yeah... making the best analog emulation yet is an error of judgement :lol:
It's true.
After upgrading my os, I was able to try out all the latest analog style synth emulations, and repro1 was the best one I tried. I'm hoping to get it very soon.

david.beholder wrote:
AnX wrote:
Wrong, again.
What happened with RePro-1 is often spun in business terms as "our fastest selling product," which is different than "highest selling product." Urs essentially confirmed as much in this very thread.

Urs, I didn't know you're a pilot. What do you fly?

AnX wrote:
Urs wrote:
AnX wrote:It will seriously kill the sales of the repro1.
To the contrary. I can't find the post right now, but the options were outlined in detail, including concepts that make Repro-1 users happy.
Free upgrade? Even so, if a pro5 comes out, why would anyone buy a pro1 (given that a poly version was the biggest request)
As we're doing some guess work anyway. I would say that a soft synth plugin sells the best in the first year after release (don't think you have to be nostradamical about that). So, RePro-5, if it comes, will be at least released a year or so after RePro-1 has been released, meaning that the "hot" phase of sales for RePro-1 will already be finished, and you can't expect it to sell like hot cakes anymore anyway. I'd also think that u-he would implement some unique features, which divide the two, and would lead to less of an overlap.

Anyway, didn't Urs also say that they have to release a plugin per year, to get the ball running? I think i remember something like that.

chk071 wrote:Anyway, didn't Urs also say that they have to release a plugin per year, to get the ball running? I think i remember something like that.
I remember something like that too. AFAIK, this is why there's someone on U-He working on The Cat.

BTW, from my memory, Repro1 had 2 main objectives to Urs: proving to himself that he was capable of building good filters and being a 'class' to teach the employes of U-He. This part of Knowledge transfer is really what keeps a company open in the long run. Now there's someone working on The Cat, probably some others working on Repro5 and Urs is having his deserved vacation and will get back to Z3. So, the outcome of Pro1 is more than financial.

waltercruz wrote:I remember something like that too. AFAIK, this is why there's someone on U-He working on The Cat.
as in Octave Cat? Surprising choice - having owned one bitd I can think of so many other synths of the era more interesting (sonically) to model (but then again I'm the person who has zero regrets about getting rid of my mono/poly either - and that was miles ahead of The Cat in terms of sonic possibilities)

Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”