Latest Builds: Diva 1.4.2 VST3 fix (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abique wrote:OK. Let's try to be constructive instead.

Arne, do you think that one day we could map one CC to multiple parameters? That would be a first improvement for u-he plugins.

Thank you,
Alex.
Everything is possible. As I'm not alone defining the VST3 API this depends on many more people's opinions.
More on this should be discussed on the VST3 SDK forum.

And Urs, it's ok to provide information on product limits and why they exist, but to spread false information (like "they are not doing it") doesn't help anyone.

arne wrote:Everything is possible. As I'm not alone defining the VST3 API this depends on many more people's opinions.
More on this should be discussed on the VST3 SDK forum.
We already started this discussion there a long time ago ;-)

https://sdk.steinberg.net/viewtopic.php?p=37#p37

arne wrote:to spread false information (like "they are not doing it") doesn't help anyone.
Sorry for that - the mechanisms that lead to this statement are complicated and based on the information we had, paired with experience and a lot of frustration. I doubt it was false information, but I'll happily apologize if proven wrong, e.g. by getting a plain MIDI stream in VST3.

To Arne, not as a developer but as a VST user I want to say to you and the rest of the team: please do your best. Maintaining a standard is an important task. Not everything will be used exactly the way you imagine it, and that's okay. It's not just a standard for Steinberg, but for all kinds of developers and all kinds of uses. A good spec should accommodate for these freedoms.
Urs wrote:
omiroad wrote:So am I right in concluding that Steinberg has the power to hold the entire industry back?
snip
Thanks for clearing that up more for me.

under OSX 10.6.8 Diva 1.4.2 vst2 does not run (Cubase 6.5 and Live 8).

i think compatibility for such old OS versions got dropped during the last beta, not 100% sure tho.

julianboyd wrote:under OSX 10.6.8 Diva 1.4.2 vst2 does not run (Cubase 6.5 and Live 8).
Yep, sorry, we have moved the codebase to 10.7+ - but as you need VST2, you'll be fine with the official version.

Will you be posting Zebra 2 Latest builds next? Hopefully the cpu glitch for the first couple minutes of opening Zebra 2 is fixed... thanks alot still my number one plugin! You guys out did your self on this beauty!!

why is it named "Diva_5541_Win" but in reality v1.4.2? then in the download the readme says 1.4?
a bit lazy when you downloaded some builds and want to sort :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:why is it named "Diva_5541_Win" but in reality v1.4.2? then in the download the readme says 1.4?
a bit lazy when you downloaded some builds and want to sort :P
I think that's their build number.
It really should be 1.4.2.5541 is nomenclature from other some other developers.
The readme probably won't be changed till the release candidate would be my further educated guess.

rsp
sound sculptist

It's a beta version. That means it's not an "official, 100% stable release" but a "potentially unstable pre-release test version".
Therefore no official v1.4.x release version number in the file names.
zvenx is correct, 5541 is a continuous build number, not a version.
Isn't 1.4.2 part of 1.4?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Just tried this new update. The DCO module in its default state is still out of tune with the rest of the other VCO modules - being around +7 cents out. It's no real problem since you can re-tune the whole synth but it would be nice if it were in tune.

Tony

Urs wrote:-Preset info field was ignoring line breaks and only saving 64 characters
This is fantastic news, I've suffered that bug for years. But what does the fix actually mean? There is no preset info field. There is Preset Description and Preset Usage.

I hope both are fixed so that we can write longer messages about the presets.

Preset description is probably the same thing as preset info.

Temptin wrote:But what does the fix actually mean? There is no preset info field. There is Preset Description and Preset Usage.

I hope both are fixed so that we can write longer messages about the presets.
Yes, both are fixed, you can write longer messages now in both of those fields.
When you go to to the preset browser page in Diva, the area that displays this information is called 'Patch information'. That's why I called it 'preset Info field' in the bug-fix description (should probably have called it 'patch information field'). :wink:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”