Repro-1 vs Pro-One

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought this might be of interest.

I'm a huge fan of the Repro-1, because I've found it amazing similar to my Pro-One, so thought I'd show quite how well they compare.

This video looks at the basic oscillators, filter plus FM and oscillator sync.

https://youtu.be/_0m4_5P4xFM

The similarities are simply stunning.

Starsky.

Very good vid and comparison. Thank you! Agree the square wave sound better on the hardware, more growl.

Are we supposed to pronounce u-he like you do in the vid: U, H, E like individual letters?

I always pronounce it "you-ee". But UHE is nice, it's like UHF.

Nice video. :) I'm a bit confused about the square wave comparison though. It appears to me that you first chose a setting which isn't a 100% square on the Pro-One, the one in RePro, and the Pro-One do sound more similar at about 04:28. Could be that i miss something though...

Yeah, that's a big factor for many analog synths. Square not beeing a 100% square, but 49% pulse or so.

And concering the Re-pro1 having more ringing on the waveshape-edges:
Is this because the filter is more open when fully open compared to the hardware?

Just commented:

"The rippled edges on the Pro-One are both on upper and lower end (symmetric), but on Repro-1 they are only on the lower end. That is because Repro-1 is oversampled a fair bit at 44.1/48kHz, which creates a tad of phase shift above, say, 6kHz. Hence the ripples in Repro-1 are slightly shifted. You can reduce this shift vastly by recording at 192kHz."

(it's funny seeing someone go through the same torture that I did for several consecutive months, sweeping the filter back and forth, if only for a few minutes)

Return to “u-he”