No Skins in Diva 1.4.1 on Windows 10?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry if this has been asked before (I searched the forum).
I can't activate skins in my Diva 1.4.1. This option is just not there in the preferences manual. What am I doing wrong? Only 1. Size, 2. Gamma, 3. Oscilloscope and 4. Text aliasing are available in Preferences for the GUI. Even the manual tells me there should be a skin option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GalbE on Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ga[^l^]bE

Hint- It is not in the preferences. Heh.

(Right click on "Diva")

thejonsolo wrote:Hint- It is not in the preferences. Heh.
(Right click on "Diva")
When I right click on the Diva logo I only see this:
Diva right click logo.png
Has the skin option been removed because the GUI is scalable now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ga[^l^]bE

thejonsolo wrote:Hint- It is not in the preferences. Heh.

(Right click on "Diva")

Yes, skins ARE listed in preferences, but only if they are installed correctly, in the right folder. They need to go Diva.data\Support\Themes.

You don't have to 'activate' skins. All you have to do is to install at least one additional skin into the correct location (which would be inside Diva.data\Support\Themes\ on Windows).
Only then will the option to choose a default skin be visible in the preferences.
And of course, the option to quickly switch between skins will then also be available via the right-click menu.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks, this is useful information and now it works.
Maybe adding this to the manual would be a good idea or adding this instruction on the skins page at the U-he website. Also because the function completely disappears when there are no additional skins installed, so I was kind of blindfolded how to do this.
Ga[^l^]bE

The paths where to put the theme files are mentioned in the install/uninstall paragraph on page five of Diva's manual. But I agree that it's a bit 'hidden' and could be improved by creating a designated paragraph about themes.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

But that paragraph doesn't mention the Themes folder at all. I read that paragraph but could't gather the information there how to go about when there are no themes installed yet.
Thanks to the great support of this forum I solved it :-).
Ga[^l^]bE

Thanks! I'll add this info to the manuals :-)

Return to “u-he”